Spidey's Red Sea Max

spiderwoman

Hehe Don't tell my hubby. He does NOT want to know how much money I've been burning between the 3 reef tanks.

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2780425
Hehe Don't tell my hubby. He does NOT want to know how much money I've been burning between the 3 reef tanks.
hahaha alot. seems like I see ur everywhere when im lookin at a selling thread!
Lets go see if u put anymore new pics up in ur other threads...

spiderwoman

I'm over the moon happy right now. I managed to locate pair of ORA Picasso's for delivery next week. I may end up with 2 pairs if my LFS places the other like he should.
Anyways, this pair is coming from Virginia and this is a picture taken today.

rebelprettyboy

Are those the ones hexed had for sale in the selling forum? Those Snowflakes ones she posted pics of are wonderful/ If I had a tank to put them in they would be mine for sure!

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2780954
Are those the ones hexed had for sale in the selling forum? Those Snowflakes ones she posted pics of are wonderful/ If I had a tank to put them in they would be mine for sure!
Nope, these are from a store in Virginia. Hexed had already sold the Picasso's and unfortunately I don't find Snowflakes too attractive :(

rebelprettyboy

Wat those snowflakes are sexy! I want em but I cant aoffrod em.
U want some other rare clownfish? I know where u can find the rarest ones at...
Mccullochi Clown fish (Pretty much a black and white tomato clwonfish)
They go for about 4000-7000 lol
Heres a pic

spiderwoman

I've had great entertainment today in my office. The Yashi Goby and Pistol Shrimp pair arrived and they are now in the tank. Under 2 hours they already agreed on a rock and have built their cave. The pistol started preparing another rock, but the Goby had his/her mind set for another one. An hour later there was a mount of sand in front of the rock and sure enough, the happy couple is in there.
And best of all, it's right in front of the front glass... not hidden behind the back of the tank :)

kholla12

Looking really good spidey.I really like the rainbows.
1 thing I would do is take the frags of the sand bed.I have noticed with my zoas that the copods and the sand bugs will craw on them and cause them to not open/die.

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by kholla12
http:///forum/post/2781623
Looking really good spidey.I really like the rainbows.
1 thing I would do is take the frags of the sand bed.I have noticed with my zoas that the copods and the sand bugs will craw on them and cause them to not open/die.
Ive heard a few ppl having that problem on here. Codylowe as well. Ive never had a problem w it. And im hoping I dont cuz All mine are in the sandbed right now

spiderwoman

I had some problem like that with a few frags in the 75 and both cases it was asterina star on both colonies. I'm hoping these will be ok as I'm not a huge fan of attaching frags to rocks when I'm not sure where I want to them to go :)

spiderwoman

Meet Bonnie and Clyde, ORA Grade A Picasso Clowns; age 8 months
Temp acclimating

Pair swimming around the tank, very fiesty couple.

sueandherzoo

Looks wonderful and I think you just convinced me that my Christmas upgrade (from my 12 gallon) is going to be a Red Sea Max. I actually toyed with getting two 29 Biocubes (instead of one RSM) but I think I would rather have one quality tank than two mediocre units. Especially being a newbie - I need all the help I can get.
I have a question about the aquascaping. I LOVE the way it looks but I've read we shouldn't stack rock on the back (or any of the sides) but I also see that a lot of people do it. What are the cons of having it stacked back there? I imagine if something crawls back there and dies it will be impossible to get it out, anything else?
Sue

spiderwoman

Thanks!
When you aquascape the tank, make sure that there is enough space in the back so that fish can swim there and also flow can get through unobstructed. I can get a net in the back just by removing the top rocks. Also the sides are far enough from the glass so that I can still clean the glass :)
You will not regret going with RMS. I'm more than happy with it :)