Starting Tank

jleithiser

I am about to start a tank and I would like to know what kind of fish would be a good starting fish for a first aquarium?

jleithiser

There are now Ocelleris Clownfish available on Saltwaterfish.com. They are not available at my local pet store either. Where could I find some Ocelleris Clowns?

jleithiser

No, I have not bought the tank yet, but I am trying to get as much info as early as I can so I can be prepared for what I need for the tank and other accesories.

clown boy

Originally Posted by jleithiser
No, I have not bought the tank yet, but I am trying to get as much info as early as I can so I can be prepared for what I need for the tank and other accesories.
Good job!

jleithiser

Thanks for pointing out they were the Percula Clownfish. Those ones had been my favorite so far but I didn't know they were also called the Ocelleris Clownfish. If I decided to buy them off the site when my tank is ready, would it cause a great stress for them being shipped?

jleithiser

Thanks! This website seems like a very reliable place to order from. And I have already learned so much from the message boards. If you have any other info that would help me to decide on what to get for my tank, just write it down. :happyfish

jleithiser

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
Do you want to have a reef (fish, coral, rock, inverabrates), or a FOWLR (Fish Only With Live Rock)?
We were planning on a reef tank, but we haven't bought anything yet so our plans could change, but I really like the reef tanks. :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish

jleithiser

We are just learning about Saltwater Aquariums, so should we start off with some Live Rock, Live Sand, and some fish and slowly work our way up to having a little Coral and then some more or start right off with Coral?

clown boy

What size tank are you looking at? I would start with at least 55 gallons. They say the bigger the better, because it is easier to manage.

jleithiser

We were looking at a 55 gallon tank but they also had a 100 gallon tank. We haven't bought the tank yet, but what would be your opinion, the 55 or 100?