Stock List

kopczynski

Could I add 1 zebra barred dartfish or would that not get along with the Royal gramma or would it then be over stocked?

kopczynski

OK I have a good top on the tank. Would a korila circulation pump help with the biological filtration by moving water over the rock.

kopczynski

Has anyone had any experience with ruby red dragonets? I was thinking it would be cool if i could get one that eats brine or mysis shrimp. Also I have a 7 gallon tank with some aragonite sand a heater and a filter, would this work as a quarantine tank?

geridoc

From your first post I am guessing that the butterfly and wrasse are keeping the copepod population very low,which means that a member of the dragonet family will have a difficult time finding sufficient food to sustain itself. You had better hope that you can quickly convert your fish to prepared food. Don't count brine shrimp as food, nutritionally it is like cotton candy for fish. Best would be prawn ova, which you can get frozen. I am also concerned that this fish seems to mostly come from the Philippines, where cyanide is commonly used for capture, meaning that the animals will be short-lived. So...if you do get this fish you have a challenge ahead of you. But - it is gorgeous, I do see why you would want one. And yes, a 7 gallon qt would be sufficient for this fish, especially if you remove the sand.

kopczynski

That qt would be use for every fish or invert before its added to the display tank. And when I did reaserch I found these guys are a little better eaters than green mandrins. Also the tank has just finished cycling I tested and water parameters are 8.0 pH 0 ammonia 0 nitates and nitrites. Should I add clean up crew before the clowns?

jay0705

Ive ordered it from that site and just gotten bulk. 6 packages. Helps spread out the cost of shipping

kopczynski

Yeah I'm on a tight budget and don't know if he will eat it however if I do get some and he likes it then I will think about buying in bulk.