Stock List

kopczynski

I have come up with the full "final" list of fish that i will be adding, after extensive research i will try
1 ruby red dragonet
1 sixline wrasse
1 kole tang
2 ocellaris clowns
1 royal gramma basslet
1 lemonpeel and 1 coral beauty angel these will be added last and at the same time to minimize aggression this took the most research.

I also came up with a clean up crew would the fallowing combo work
2 cleaner shrimp
1 emerald crab
6 nassarius snails
6 tubo astrea snails
10 bumble bee snails

pegasus

Unless the dragonet is tank-bred, it may be difficult to feed. Sometimes tank "raised" are trained to eat frozen brine and/or mysis and pellets and or flakes, but it's not guaranteed (check with seller, or if possible, see them eating). If the dragonet is wild caught, it will only eat live food. Dragonets are NOT recommended for beginners or tanks less than a year old. Lots of mature live rock (1 pound per gallon minimum) is necessary to provide sufficient places for amphipods and copepods to breed, and a refugium is very highly recommended. I have both, and after spending hundreds of $$$ on pods, I have a good population after nearly a year. I planned ahead, seeded the refugium and tank for several months before purchasing my mandarin and scooter dragonet. Too many people rush to buy these fish, not realizing that they are condemning these fish to death from starvation. Do your homework and prepare well ahead of time.

Jay is correct. I have two firefish and two sixlines, and they get along fine. Get the firefish first so they can settle in... if you haven't already gotten the sixline.

kopczynski

I already did a ton of research about every fish I am planning to add and I am aware that I should see the dragonet eat prepared food before I buy it. I will be adding fish slowly and I have 65 lbs of live rock.

geridoc

Geridoc told me about it. Hopefully he sees thisI just saw this. It's Aquarium Village, in Westbury.

pegasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopczynski http:///t/397422/stock-list/80#post_3543702
I already did a ton of research about every fish I am planning to add and I am aware that I should see the dragonet eat prepared food before I buy it. I will be adding fish slowly and I have 65 lbs of live rock.
Cool. Too many people see them and buy them, not knowing anything about them. Glad to see you're on top of your game. My wild-caught manadarin learned to eat mysis/spirulina flake food after about six months in my tank, but that is not the norm. Dragonets can be some of the most difficult fish to keep, so if you find one that is eating prepared foods, then you've got a fantastic head start.

Here's a shot of my firefish, one of the sixlines, and a glimpse of the yellow tang. The other pic is of my mandarin that I've had for nearly a year. They get along great.

jay0705

Lol stock slowly grasshopper! I ride the tank borders myself tho lol a good cuc and lots of lr! Lol

pegasus

Chromis are good starter fish. They're tough,and get along good with every everything. Stock slowly and gradually to give the biological system time to adjust.

kopczynski

They would be beaten because they were kept with damsels. They are a type of damsel however they are very peaceful and will not get along with other types of damsels.