stocklist for a 100g

skate020

helloo,
i currently have a 23g nano, had it about 4-5months now and already having a upgrade, im going for a 105g tank:)
the fish in my tank atm are as followed:
2x True percs
1x green manderin
1x niger triggerfish
1x asfur angelfish (juvi)
i also have a tree coral, a hammer coral, and two anemone's (one looks like its on its way out tho:(
the corals,overal im not bothered if eventually they get chomped on.
stocklist i want (excluding the ones listed above):
1x striped dogface puffer?
1x queen angelfish (if it'll go with the asfur)
2x blue throat triggerfish (pair)
4 or 5x green chromis (to look nice in a schooling)
any disagreements/adjustments/advise would me much appriciated

btldreef

Originally Posted by skate020
http:///forum/post/3158382
helloo,
i currently have a 23g nano, had it about 4-5months now and already having a upgrade, im going for a 105g tank:)
the fish in my tank atm are as followed:
2x True percs
1x green manderin
1x niger triggerfish
1x asfur angelfish (juvi)
i also have a tree coral, a hammer coral, and two anemone's (one looks like its on its way out tho:(
the corals,overal im not bothered if eventually they get chomped on.
stocklist i want (excluding the ones listed above):
1x striped dogface puffer?
1x queen angelfish (if it'll go with the asfur)
2x blue throat triggerfish (pair)
4 or 5x green chromis (to look nice in a schooling)
any disagreements/adjustments/advise would me much appriciated
I think the Chromis might get chomped on by the Niger Trigger once it gets bigger. You're better off with a bigger schooling fish like Cardinals or Anthias. If you add the Queen, try to keep it around the same size or smaller than the Asfur, from what I know, Queens are more aggressive.
It looks like you're headed towards doing a FOWLR tank rather than a reef?

btldreef

I didn't even realize that this was posted in the Fish Only section. You were going to do a reef tank originally, right?

skate020

yehh i know, i wanted my 23g to be a reef originally but got bored of it, i prefer the look of fish to corals so my 100g will be a fowlr, with the odd exception of the hammer coral anemone nd tree, although i am going to keep the anemone and clowns in the 23g for bout 4months afteri getthe 100g to let it mature enough for a nem. Yehhi may go for cardinals instead then, ltherthenthat, does it seem ok?

skate020

okie doke thens,
no small fish, wat fish should i get?
im now thinking, of this for a stocklist (including the ones i already have):
1x asfur angelfish
1x blue angelfish
1x yellow tang
1x niger trigger
1x manderin (already got it, im sure it'll be fine for a while)
2x true percs
1x volitans lion
wat do ppl think of that one?

skate020

yeh i know but there all tiny, like asfur is like 1.5" and so on, im only haveing the 100g for about 2-3years, which by then the fish'll be just coming up to like 6inch? thats plenty for them
then yeh in about 2-3years im moving out where i'll have room for a 220g
right now i'd get a bigger tank, but all i have room for it a 100g at a push.
and the lion when i get will be small, (if i get) and i mean VERY small, so the clowns will be ok for abit, then if they get too small, i'll simply set up the 23g again and have it as a breeding tank for them, shuv the anemone in there with some LR and decent lighting, no other fish and some like CUC.
then there'll be no fish to eat the eggs, the clowns wont let any of the CUC go near them, and theres a perfectly good breeding tank?
appreciate all the comments, also,
i found a tank today at lfs, is 120g, the tank itself is 100g and the sump 20g,
its 130cm long, that alright for a few years?
once i move out im going for the lifespace 1500, 1.5metres in lenth, perfect for these sorta fish

crypt keeper

Niger Triggets grow very fast. It will be too small for a 100g in a year to 1.5 years. The blueface is cryptic but again. Large angels shouldnt not be bought under 3 inches. They dont do well.

crypt keeper

Triggers at under 2 inches need to fed 4X a day. Till about 3 inches. Lions can be full grown in a year when fed correct. You wont starve your fish to make them grow slower? you have 2yrs to upgrade.

crypt keeper

2 years is pushing it. Buy the correct fish then upgrade. That many fish in a 100 is too many anyway. 5 fish max as they grow they will produce more biolad. Which will cause less water qaulity

skate020

ok, i already got the asfur, niger, clowns, and a manderin, i wont buy anything else till i get a new tank, yehh i know, but i will keep the water quality as good as i possibly can, i havent got a sump yet, im using a internal and a hang on filter, both can be used for tanks up to 30g, so with both of them should be ok,
i done a water test today as the results are as followed:
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 5.0
pH: 8.3
thats all the tests i've got, but it seems ok, the water is a lil cloudy but one of my anemone's just dies, i've taken it out and done a water change so should clean up soon,
also i've just put the seconde filter in, because before when i only had 2 clowns and a manderin i only needed the 1.
so yeh it should be ok from now on,
but yeh, im sure the 100g will be ok?
and the asfur angel is only like 2" or so, and it seems to be healthy, it eats and so on, and yehh im feeding 3-4times a day, with a mix of flakes and cockles.
and the trigger is a lil over 3" atm,
the others are smaller

cranberry

Originally Posted by skate020
http:///forum/post/3159442
and the lion when i get will be small, (if i get) and i mean VERY small, so the clowns will be ok for abit, then if they get too small, i'll simply set up the 23g again and have it as a breeding tank for them,
You'll have to put the mandarin in there too... He'll be able to eat them it a year.

crypt keeper

Does the asfur require sponges? I pretty sure it may. Also Angels require meaty foods. Clam mysis shrimp. Than an algae sheet every few days.

skate020

from wat i've been told they dont,
mine im confused about now.
it hides like crazy but tbh im not bothered about that i know that most angels at juv. are quite shy, and the asfur especially, but its just, when i feed, it come out up to food, but doesnt eat it,
i've seen it eat some of the algae sheets and it ate a feeder shrimp once,
so is it just shy to eat infront of me or is it something i should be worried about?
and yehh the manderin can go in there, it wont eat the eggs, about one of the only things that wont.
i want a dogface, just purely because in my lfs they have a dogface about 8years old, is about a foot long, and it is BEAUTIFUL!!
and i want one like that lol, i may have to wait a couple of years for me to move out and get a 250g or soo?
wat you reckon about a foxface, will that go?
so if i stop confusing you all now and give a intended stocklist:
1x asfur angel
1x blue angel
1x yellow tang
1x niger trigger
1x volitan lion
1x foxface rabbitfish
1x maroonclown? (if i get rid of the clowns and keep them in the 23g, or will it be too much of a bioload in there?)
then the clowns and manderin can stay in the 23g
then for when i get the 250g eventually, it'll be the above, plus:
1x dogface puffer
1x tessalated eel
1x clown trigger? (will it go with the niger?)
1x achilles tang? (will it go with the yellow tang?)
thats all i can think of atm?
oh and a cleaner wrasse of corse, wat tank should i put it in tho?
and yeh bare in mind i wont get the 250g untill like atleast 2 years, so you all must think im abit too eager stocking for it now lol
carry on with your thoughts:)

small triggers

yeah, id leave the clowns and the mandrin in the 23, that would be fine for bioload as long as you keep up on the W/C..the rest of your stock list us OKay for SHORT TERM,, excluding the lion,, just take him out, the niger WILL nip his fins, and he'll get big fast.

skate020

yehh thats cool,
i shall do that:)
but you think a maroon clown would be ok? i want to keep a clown cos i love them, they have soo much personality, i mean my ones atm are only babys, and when i put my hand in the tank they come up and rub against my hand and stuff, i love them!

crypt keeper

No. Tessalata eel is a species only eel. It will eat your entire fish list. Plus they get 6 feet long. You cant keep a lion wity triggers and puffers. You have done zero research and too many fish

skate020

lots of people have lions with triggers and puffers, i have done research, i know the lion could get bullied by the trigger and puffers, but then again, it might not... ok i wont get a tesselate eel then i understand that,
and if they have their own territory they shouldn't pick on the lion, if i feed the trigger and puffer first, then the lion, they wont fight over food, so on. my friend has a tank with 6 angelfish, 1 massive lion, 3 triggers and a dogface, all of the fish are more or less full sized and nothing picks on anything,
its mostly up to chance......