stumped

sueandherzoo

Nah, don't worry about the title of the post - even newbies like me have started following along and checking daily because when you see any post, regardless of its title, staying alive and active for so long, you read it to see what could possibly be getting so much attention for so long.
And seeing that Mr. X is the OP and that he could possibly be "Stumped" by anything in this hobby is a real eye-catcher!

Sue

mr_x

ha! thanks sue!
ok. here is the preliminary rock work. front shot-

a closer view of the left rock tower-

angle from the right-

view from the back pane-

and last but not least, completed and working sump with refugium, minus macroalgae of course-

what do ya think?

Wow this is a sweet thread. To see this from start to almost completion is cool and to also see how a master sets up a tank is even better!
Keep up the pics and descriptions so a n00b like me can keep learning.

mr_x

thanks peeps! all i have to do now is install a 2 x 54 watt t-5 retro for actinics, then wait to add livestock.

sueandherzoo

Wow - that aquascaping is to die for - makes me want to go home and tear apart my tiny tank yet one more, but I'll try to resist. "Step AWAY from the tank, Maam."
You say that's "preliminary" rock work...... do you have lots more to add? About how many pounds is in there now? I love the way it looks as is but am sure you have plans to only make it better. Me? I never tend to know when to quit and end up going past the point where it looked good.

Sue

mr_x

well, i'm not sure if i'm going to leave it like that, or re-arrange it. there's 150 pounds in the tank so far. it's a standard 150, so it's a bit on the shallow side, front to back. i don't think much more rock will fit without giving it the classic "bunch of rocks piled up against the back pane" look, which i'm trying to avoid.

V

vince-1961

It would be super cool if you could put the photos on MS Paint or use some other means of showing us where you have acryllic rods or cement or whatever other "connectors" you used (excluding gravity, of course.)

Originally Posted by SueAndHerZoo
http:///forum/post/2778169
And seeing that Mr. X is the OP and that he could possibly be "Stumped" by anything in this hobby is a real eye-catcher!

Sue
That's why I looked at the thread.....He's WHAT????...no seriously, I must have misread that.
X, did you drill and connect all of the rock with with the acrylic rods or just the main rocks in the towers?

mch2o

Mr. X I'm glad I finally got to see it man it looks great I love the caves and how big and open they are.

snowrider84

its looking great. I glad you took it under your wing. I have seeing tanks that look as bad as it did before you got a hold of it. keep up the good work