Subielover's Biocube 14 Diary

spanko

Looks nice Subie. Get some more of those coral up on the rocks and you would have even more sandbed.

subielover

I am experimenting a bit with what I like the most. Since I am getting a bunch of new corals soon I wanna see what likes being where, if that makes sense. Also I am getting in on some uber rare zoas.

subielover

Darth Mauls, Nightmares, Armageddons, a few different morphs of PEoA's and what will probably end up being my most expensive polyp ever...Purple Hornets

rebelprettyboy

Thats a big time list lol!
PH aint the most expsenive yet. PPE, OPE, Envy Orange all had 600 per polyp price tags when they first hit the market.
And the purple hornet price tag is such a joke. Hype from the great -- as usual and itll drive a price of coral up. Whoever paid 305 for one polyp is a fool. The polyp is smaller than an eraser tip. And its not like those have barely been bought into the hobby. Those have been around for a while. And a lot of ppl have em. And the same seller who got 305 for a polyp has been selling them forever now on ---- every other week or so. and has never gone for more than 50 a polyp.
Sorry the rant! lol

rebelprettyboy

BUt subie that tank is lookin good my friend! NO algea whatsoever!
And those dang Blastos looks awesome my friend. When u get ur new stuff it doesnt look like ur gonna have room for and u know who wants them!!! BIG TIME!

subielover

Haha, I agree with you rebel. I really like the look of them, and have gotten in a growout of the PH's, so the entry price isn't ridiculous. Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate them. The other 4 kinds of zoas I mentioned I am getting are part of another growout, so those will be awhile as well, thank goodness I have patience. After the holidays though, I will be getting some newbs, because I am getting bored looking at the same stuff, although it is cool to see everything growing. Although the growth isn't tremendous, but what do you expect with pc's

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2883602
Haha, I agree with you rebel. I really like the look of them, and have gotten in a growout of the PH's, so the entry price isn't ridiculous. Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate them. The other 4 kinds of zoas I mentioned I am getting are part of another growout, so those will be awhile as well, thank goodness I have patience. After the holidays though, I will be getting some newbs, because I am getting bored looking at the same stuff, although it is cool to see everything growing. Although the growth isn't tremendous, but what do you expect with pc's

I know. Im thinkinh at the beginning of next im gonna brek down and buy the Viper 70 watt... From the 2 docs

subielover

I would shy away from the fixture. I have read a couple of stories where they start fires. No way would I even chance it. JBJ=Just Bought Junk

rebelprettyboy

http:///forum/post/2883623
I would shy away from the fixture. I have read a couple of stories where they start fires. No way would I even chance it. JBJ=Just Bought Junk
Ive heard em as well. But im sure the good fixtures over the fire ones out weigh it lol...
Just hope I dont get the faulty fixture down the line.

subielover

Well, for another $75 you can get a sunpod, that is the route I will be taking. I would rather not burn my house down

subielover

They still make a 20 inch 70 watt. I think I might get the 150 watt though, still trying to find other examples.

rebelprettyboy

http:///forum/post/2883670
They still make a 20 inch 70 watt. I think I might get the 150 watt though, still trying to find other examples.
Hmm... Think id go with the 70 watt. Dont want 8+ watts per gal of Halides on the 14 in Texas. Id prolly need a chiller even with a fan blowing across the top lol...
BUt that 150 sounds good. Even though I dont want any SPS in this tank. Might be to much for the softies at the top though... IDK...
WHAT I WANT IS t5s lol!!!