Subielover's Biocube 14 Diary

subielover

Not yet, probably after Christmas. Getting some really nice stuff along with it. I want to stock this baby up a little bit.
As for the Subaru, winter wheels and tires on. Always a fun time. How bout you?

alexknight

on here in NM we don't really get snow LOL and if we do 3 inches shuts down the city for 5 days.. its just raining now.

fcatch76

Subie,
What is your stock list right now and how are your nitrates. I ask becuase we lost our rainford goby and I was thinking of adding two purple firefish with my midas blenny in the 14. Reading through your thread saw you also were trying to pull off three fish.

subielover

Currently my nitrates are around 20. I had live rock rubble in my fuge and it was collecting a bunch of crap. So I removed it all, so now there is only chaeto and a light back there. I am hoping that they will come down now. Honestly when I had 3 fish in my tank, even though they are all pretty small now it looked crowded and cramped. Fish were running into each other. I think 2 is max in a Biocube 14, unless of course you are going with much smaller fish. My .02

subielover

Thanks for the comments.
Doing another water change today to bring it down. I am not worried though since all of my coral is doing fine. My torch looks like it is splitting into two heads and my zoas are spreading like a mofo too. Can't wait till after the holidays to add all my new goodies. Right now the list is:
One red open brain
2 heads of duncans with 3 babies sprouting
2 heads of branching frogspawn
2-3 different acans

whisk

Did your frogspawn branch on its own or did you buy it like that? Also, sorry for the silly question, are duncans ok for stock PC lighting? Any other special requirements for them? It might be a coral I get down the road. Thanks

subielover

Duncans are fine under pc lighting. I feed them often though, because they are my favorites and I want a lot of them. I have 5 heads now and soon I will have 10

whisk

cool, yeah that was a great link you posted the other day of Mr. X's how to make your own food. Can you post that link again, i need to bookmark it. thanks dude.

subielover

What does everyone think if I removed my hood and added 2 of the nova extreme 18" t5ho lights. There are 2 18" t5's in each fixture. I am thinking that with 2 of them I could keep almost anything. Thoughts

I think the Biocube measure about 16" or so across. fwiw