Sun coral pics

puffer9006

sufunk
i didnt know anybody on this site live close to thier. are you talking about they one by north plaza by the safe way.
have you seen the new shipment they got in alot of frog spawn and hammer they have some cheap hammer and frog spawn $40 for some. i wanted one so bad when i went today but i dont have my light yet.

puffer9006

o ya your sun coral looks alsome ive look at them at exotics but havent seen any i like guess i just missed the good ones.

sufunk

Originally Posted by misty7850
That is very cool looking :jumping:
Thank you
Anyone else have a sun pic?

sufunk

Originally Posted by mrdc
Nice Sufunk. Send it to me and I will add it to my cave

Yeah, you wish

I was gonna tell you to send me that cave

Between your cave and my sun we'd have quite a pic

N

n_sarno

So out of you guys that have it would you reccomend it to others?
How often do you feed it? Does it stay open like that all day or only when you feed it?
I'd like to get one but im really not sure about em!

alatriel

I feed frozen cyclopeeze, brine shrimp and dt's oyster eggs. And stand guard against the food snatchers (aka cleaner shrimp).

sufunk

I would definitely recommend it!! Mine is open like that from about8 pm to 8 am. Most of the day with the lights on it is pretty closed up. It starts to open at night when i feed the rest of the tank. I have been feeding every day so far. Kind of a pain but i love looking at it so much i dont mind. Definitely my favorite coral by far, best $60 ive ever spent

sufunk

Originally Posted by saltn00b
make sure you bring it to the coral exchange! hehe
Haha, sorry, aint gonna be fraggin this bad boy anytime soon

mrdc

Originally Posted by N_Sarno
So out of you guys that have it would you reccomend it to others?
How often do you feed it? Does it stay open like that all day or only when you feed it?
I'd like to get one but im really not sure about em!

If you do some research on them, you may find that they can be labeled as high maintenance or difficult. I think this is mainly due to it having to be fed since it doesn't require light. If you aren't too lazy to feed it, I think it will do fine.

mrdc

Originally Posted by sufunk
Can you even frag a sun or does it just spread? :notsure:

You need to find out. I will be in your neck of the woods in June and you can give me a piece of sun coral for a picture of my cave