Sure you can have health insurance (not sure how you will pay for it).

reefraff

If this law was so great they wouldn't have to keep lying, changing their stories and hiding the number of people who have actually gotten insurance who didn't have it before.

darthtang aw

More semantics.  Either one is bad for the consumer.
Actually, it isn't semantics. You are using monopolies as an argument defense. However in order to do this you have to know the difference. As one doesn't hold water for your argument, and one just might. So I ask. Do you know the difference?

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397098/sure-you-can-have-health-insurance-not-sure-how-you-will-pay-for-it/200#post_3540284
Actually, it isn't semantics. You are using monopolies as an argument defense. However in order to do this you have to know the difference. As one doesn't hold water for your argument, and one just might. So I ask. Do you know the difference?
Yes I do. And no it doesn't make a difference. Why do you think there are certain provisions that have to be followed, and specific federal guidelines that corporations buying out or merging with other similar corporations in their industry have to follow before said merger or buyout can occur?

darthtang aw

Yes I do.  And no it doesn't make a difference.  Why do you think there are certain provisions that have to be followed, and specific federal guidelines that corporations buying out or merging with other similar corporations in their industry have to follow before said merger or buyout can occur?
Then you would understand cable companies aren't a good analogy. as they are natural monopolies due to the high cost of running their cables and so forth in an area. It is cheaper to buy out a company with existing cables if a company wants to expand into the area. 98% of the country only has one cable company option. So it ends up being an already established natural monopoly buying out another natural monopoly. Natural monopolies exist because noone else wants in the game.
Health insurance can not be a natural monopoly. if what you say would come to pass and it turned into a monopoly that would be a good thing most likely. Since the federal government is legally obligated to regulate true monopolies. Mean the government can set restriction on pricing. Since government is preferable than the insurance company, correct? This is the view point I gather you prefer is a government ran and monitored heath system versus a private one.

reefraff

Just what we need. Health insurance that runs as slick as Amtrack. That would be a health insurance monopoly

2quills

Little off topic again but I just called in a claim to geiko on our auto insurance this morning for the first time. Came back from home depot with the wife to find that the high winds blew a tree down in the yard and nailed the drivers side of my work truck. Took the mirror clean off and smashed in the top of the quarter panel. They told me I don't have to run around and get estimates. Tommorow I'm taking it to specific shop in town that they suggested (it's a reputable shop). The adjuster will meet me there and they'll begin work to fix it ASAP. Truck is payed for but thankfully we kept full coverage on it. Have to say that so far I like the idea of not having to run all over town before I can get my stuff fixed.
Just have to get this tree off my truck now. :bw:

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397098/sure-you-can-have-health-insurance-not-sure-how-you-will-pay-for-it/200#post_3540535
Little off topic again but I just called in a claim to geiko on our auto insurance this morning for the first time. Came back from home depot with the wife to find that the high winds blew a tree down in the yard and nailed the drivers side of my work truck. Took the mirror clean off and smashed in the top of the quarter panel. They told me I don't have to run around and get estimates. Tommorow I'm taking it to specific shop in town that they suggested (it's a reputable shop). The adjuster will meet me there and they'll begin work to fix it ASAP. Truck is payed for but thankfully we kept full coverage on it. Have to say that so far I like the idea of not having to run all over town before I can get my stuff fixed.
Just have to get this tree off my truck now.

Ouch. Think of the positive. You have some new firewood for your smoker.

I've had Geico for years. When I've had to get repairs done for any accident, they say I can take it to any repair shop I want, but if I want to get their "lifetime warranty" and "zero responsibility" coverage, I should take it to one of their "Geico Preferred" repair shops. I have a reputable repair shop right down the road from my neighborhood, but they're not one of Geico's preferred shops. If I take it there, I'm responsible for any extra charges for any damages they find after the initial estimate was given.

bang guy

It is the defacto insurer for everyone over 65. What makes it worse than Blue Cross Blue Shield for you?

reefraff

Try to find a doc that takes it. It isn't always easy. They pay docs below the going rate and it's a billing nightmare. Medicare advantage is a good system but 0bama care has many of those in jeopardy.

reefraff

Absolutely a doc can deny to accept medicare.

http://www.todaysseniors.com/wp/medicare/can-my-doctor-refuse-to-accept-medicare-coverage/