System shot!

spanko

So do you remember what the concentration of the peroxide was that the lab came up with? Found this
"Concentrations of around 60ml of 3% H2O2 (30ml of 6%, 15ml of 9%) in a 250 Litres (66 US G.) tank directly applied (usually via a syringe) slowly over 5 minutes onto a clump of algae will kill it and then rapidly be diluted and converted into harmless oxygen and water."
I think the qualifier there is that it will rapidly be diluted and converted into oxygen and water. In the first post it sounds like you have the water sitting around for at least 3 days.
Makes me wonder about the validity of the test.

kiefers

After reading on several other sites, it didn't make sense to me either. I had to give the lab tech more information. I gave him the amount of water, which was roughly 35 gallons.
Even so, I thought about it some more and realized I had scrapped a crap load of hair algae and possibly in doing so allowed some toxins to escape in to the system. I don't know.
I will get more info from the guy hopefully this week.
Thanks for chiming in tho Henry. Great to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and your lovely lady.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///t/395505/system-shot/20#post_3521642
Oh no!! Sorry to hear of your troubles!!! :(
Thanks Krista. Saved the corals I liked the most so far. The Elegance looked very upset but after a few dips it pulled through. will post a pick for ya.
The scolley. Improving a little day by day.

The elegance. Eating and making a nice recovery.

The leather. Still very pissy but opening up. Looks like a mushroom. Just waxed over.

The duncans have seen better days.

The multicolored angel is eating very little and still hiding. Hoping for a recovery.
This is a FTS. Still not happy with it but grateful it wasn't worse and happy I have a HT/QT

In retrospect, this is a great learning experience huh? (trying to find a positive note here)

S

siptang

I'm glad that it didn't actually crash everything and your livestock is making a good recovery. (Yes, silver lining here)
Keith, pm me your address please.

kiefers

Well...... heres a quick update, then I have things to do today. Everyone still looks slightly stressed but the angel is really getting picked on by th trigger. Before this the Angel ruled the roost and now its vise versa.
Parameters are good, still adding Prime in to detoxify the nitrite, other than that getting some water, from my regular guy tomorrow (closed on Mondays) and do a small water change throughout the week.
I put some live rock in from my C.C.U. (which was never treated or dosed anything) in the DT for the Manderin. He seems to be picking more and the Angel has started to pick at the rocks with him. My wife seems to think the Angel lost his left eye, but when I look at it it seems to be there. I dunno...... If she makes it through this ordeal I am changing her name to miracle, or quazimoto, which ever fits best at the time.
I am getting an algae bloom on the glass, thinking of leaving the lights off for today since we are expected to get storms today.
Thanks to everyone who posted and please, if you think of anything else I can do don't hesitate to chime in.

kiefers

Well, it's official. Now I'm really bumbed. The Angel fish (Tink) is now a one eyed critter. Kinda creepy really. I tried to get a pic but she won't come out of hiding. She is eating, a little and picking but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.
Checked everything today. all is good. Phosphates are still through the roof and I have to clean the glass two to three times a day.
friday I will go get some chempure elite (2 or three) and run some phosban for a few days. I have been feeding lightly and the critters are doing fime with it.
One of my little clowns is going through withdrawl while the elegance is in the C.C.U. he sits at the edge of the tank and just stares at it.
wow...... one eyed angel. Who knew

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers http:///t/395505/system-shot/40#post_3521762
Well, it's official. Now I'm really bumbed. The Angel fish (Tink) is now a one eyed critter. Kinda creepy really. I tried to get a pic but she won't come out of hiding. She is eating, a little and picking but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.
Checked everything today. all is good. Phosphates are still through the roof and I have to clean the glass two to three times a day.
friday I will go get some chempure elite (2 or three) and run some phosban for a few days. I have been feeding lightly and the critters are doing fime with it.
One of my little clowns is going through withdrawl while the elegance is in the C.C.U. he sits at the edge of the tank and just stares at it.
Macroalgae will clear the phosphates and feed on it before hair algae gets a foot hold. With PO4 that high you want something to draw on it besides nuisance algae. Chemipure won't do enough, I speak from experience. You can clear the macros from the tank easy if you use something like Prolifera....it looks like turtle grass and it's on a single line...one tug and it all follows. I have some if you need it.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/395505/system-shot/40#post_3521800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers
http:///t/395505/system-shot/40#post_3521762
Macroalgae will clear the phosphates and feed on it before hair algae gets a foot hold. With PO4 that high you want something to draw on it besides nuisance algae. Chemipure won't do enough, I speak from experience. You can clear the macros from the tank easy if you use something like Prolifera....it looks like turtle grass and it's on a single line...one tug and it all follows. I have some if you need it.
thank you flower. I do appreciate it. I have just recently added a handful from the other tank and added it to the 56. I just recently learned that my Aunt passed away and now my brother and mom are in town. big sigh, now I have to get everything cleaned up and entertain. Atleast my neices are in town with them and they will keep me distracted.
When it rains it pours.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers http:///t/395505/system-shot/40#post_3521829
thank you flower. I do appreciate it. I have just recently added a handful from the other tank and added it to the 56. I just recently learned that my Aunt passed away and now my brother and mom are in town. big sigh, now I have to get everything cleaned up and entertain. Atleast my neices are in town with them and they will keep me distracted.
When it rains it pours.
I'm so sorry, my deepest condolences. "Entertain"??? Sweetie your mom and brother are not there to be an extra burden, they won't care about a mess. During these sad times, everyone just needs to connect with each other. Just a time to hug each other tight, and remember what family really means to you....I'm saying a prayer for you and your family this morning.

S

siptang

I'm sorry to hear this... my condolences to you and your family. My prayer goes out to you for peace and comfort.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/395505/system-shot/40#post_3521830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers http:///t/395505/system-shot/40#post_3521829
When it rains it pours.
I'm so sorry, my deepest condolences. "Entertain"??? Sweetie your mom and brother are not there to be an extra burden, they won't care about a mess. During these sad times, everyone just needs to connect with each other. Just a time to hug each other tight, and remember what family really means to you....I'm saying a prayer for you and your family this morning.
Thank you for the prayers dear..... we need them.
As for my family, Lol... there is ALOT of bad blood between my Mom and I. We haven't talked for close or over fourteen years. Now before you freak out I do send her a card on every holiday, mothers day and her birthday. I love and respect her (as it says to do in the bible ;) ) and my brother and I are just two opposite people.
We already had an issue yesterday to where she wanted to start arguing. I just sucked it up and let it go.
My wife took the kids to the Doctor yesterday, One has bilateral pink eye and strep throat, the other the flu. Lol........ keeps getting better and better. Lol!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang
http:///t/395505/system-shot/40#post_3521832
I'm sorry to hear this... my condolences to you and your family. My prayer goes out to you for peace and comfort.
Thak you Richard. I saw the obit for her, man...... my aunt was very beautiful even at 62. Wow.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers http:///t/395505/system-shot/40#post_3521835
Now before you freak out I do send her a card on every holiday, mothers day and her birthday. I love and respect her (as it says to do in the bible ;) ) and my brother and I are just two opposite people.
We already had an issue yesterday to where she wanted to start arguing. I just sucked it up and let it go.
My wife took the kids to the Doctor yesterday, One has bilateral pink eye and strep throat, the other the flu. Lol........ keeps getting better and better. Lol!!!!!
No need to worry about me freaking out...we can choose our friends but not our family, we have to deal with the hand we are given. Keep taking the high road, and I hope the children get well soon. We all have a few family members that best kept at a distance for sanity's sack.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/395505/system-shot/40#post_3521836
Quote:
http:///t/395505/system-shot/40#post_3521835
Now before you freak out I do send her a card on every holiday, mothers day and her birthday. I love and respect her (as it says to do in the bible ;) ) and my brother and I are just two opposite people.
No need to worry about me freaking out...we can choose our friends but not our family, we have to deal with the hand we are given. Keep taking the high road, and I hope the children get well soon. We all have a few family members that best kept at a distance for sanity's sack.
today was 100% better.
We all got along and it was like I was a little kid all over again. They met my lovely Michelle for the first time. This day was good. Your prayer worked Flower. I, or should I say we, all needed this day.
As for the tank, everything is the same. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Smooshed up some mysys shrimp and fed the corals. They opened up and ate. So....... now it's REVOVERY time. (sorry sip for taking your little saying...)
Good night to all and stay thirsty my friends.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers http:///t/395505/system-shot/40#post_3521857
today was 100% better.
We all got along and it was like I was a little kid all over again. They met my lovely Michelle for the first time. This day was good. Your prayer worked Flower. I, or should I say we, all needed this day.
As for the tank, everything is the same. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Smooshed up some mysys shrimp and fed the corals. They opened up and ate. So....... now it's REVOVERY time. (sorry sip for taking your little saying...)
I don't think I was the only one saying a little prayer...Where two or more are gathered and agree, that's when G-d hears our prayers.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/395505/system-shot/40#post_3521858
Quote:
http:///t/395505/system-shot/40#post_3521857
today was 100% better.
I don't think I was the only one saying a little prayer...Where two or more are gathered and agree, that's when G-d hears our prayers.
Thanks everyone. My brother and nieces left early this afternoon and my mom is leaving for home tomorrow. I really hated to see them leave and my nieces really didn't want to leave either. Big sigh

S

siptang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/395505/system-shot/40#post_3521858
yes, that's when GOD
hears our prayers. Yes, I said it. Not ashamed even though I may have doubts. ;)
Keith, still praying for you buddy... I'm waiting for my friend on something but soon as it becomes available, I will let you know.
Richard.

kiefers

well, just a quick update on the tank of critters. The angel is still hiding out but eating a bit better. Coping with being blind on one side. I still have to clean off the glass twice a day, but over all it is doing okay.
My family have all gone home, well my mom and brother and his two girls. We all did get along beautifully. My two nieces are adorable. One of them was real upset and did not want to go home. She has called me 4 times since she has been home Lol...... I miss them already.

S

siptang

Good to hear all is well. Like you, I have my little cousin come visit from Wisconsin. I'm going to miss him when he goes to Seattle for internship for an year.