System shot!

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang http:///t/395505/system-shot/40#post_3522024
Good to hear all is well. Like you, I have my little cousin come visit from Wisconsin. I'm going to miss him when he goes to Seattle for internship for an year.
ya that really sucks. I'm glad we all got to see each other. My niece has been blowing up my phone since they left. Big sigh
Will have to plan on going to see them in September or sooner, maybe even stop in and see the saltwater Mom. Lol

S

siptang

Lol. :) lois, when are you coming to visit your son in FL? He seems to miss you terribly.

S

siptang

pictures? how's everything? You told me of the angel is doing better last night but what about the rest?

kiefers

Lol...... pictures? Well my bruthu from anothu muthu....... no camera, will have to post some up soon. The tank is going thru another cycle as I reported earlier on. Now I have (still) high phosphates. I haven't cleaned the glass in two days and I can barely see thru it!
The fish are doing well. The mandarin wasn't picking as often as before so he started to eat frozen Mysis (chpped well) and fish roe, some Cyclops and rotifers. He is hanging in there and once again starting to look chubby like a little sausage. Next week I am going to do a water change and vacuum the substrate because it just looks nasty.
I am going to get a 44 gallons of water and get it mixed with salt and start doing about 2 gallons a day and a 5 gallon a week to get everything fresh and the bad stuff out. I have to get some chempure elite in there again as well.
My skimmer takes off from time to time but latterly there is nothing to skim.

The one eyed Angel is doing fine and has started to come out more often to reclaim her kingdom. The Trigger no longer picks on her so that there makes me sigh with relief.
If anyone has any thoughts on what I am to do or should do, please chime in.

kiefers

Okay, I believe I'm due for an update here.
Last week I added two units of chem pure elite to the stem and the phosphates are coming down and the water is clear.
I had to take the trigger fish out and re-locate him in the 125. He looks and acts much happier. He does miss his old home as he sits in the corner facing his old tank.
I had to remove the elegance as well as the female clown claimed it as her own. She was butt whippin it so hard that the coral would not open up. So, it was relocated to the 29 bio cube, and is starting to open up again, slowly.
The Scolly has made a 180 degree turn. The skeleton is all covered up again except for one little corner. The coloring is amazing and I swear it looks even better than it did before this.
The Angel fish is still alive and seems to be doing well. I am considering adding another small angel (Golden) as my dealer is still tempting me with it as it is not eating in his tanks. He knows I have the patients to train it to eat frozen. I don't know yet, we will see.
The mandarin is doing good and still picking on the rock and eating frozen foods.
I still need to get new bulbs and after that I believe all is good again. *big sigh*

It happens some time, but I am glad the at-least you were able to get two of your corals. I cannot understand the situation here and I would like to know some more detail about the issue. Have you found any perfect reason for this and if yes, then what is the solution to avoid this mess?

S

siptang

I'm glad to hear that it's coming along keith. We all had a scare!

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKelley http:///t/395505/system-shot/60#post_3526957
It happens some time, but I am glad the at-least you were able to get two of your corals. I cannot understand the situation here and I would like to know some more detail about the issue. Have you found any perfect reason for this and if yes, then what is the solution to avoid this mess?
The ONLY thing I can contribute the crash to was the water. I let it mix for two days prior to doing my water change. Right after the change the water was so cloudy I could barely see through it. Within hours things were dying and I lost my Royal Grama.
I bought the water from a different store rather than my regular fish guy. To avoid this..... well hopefully this never happens to you or anyone else. Hard to avoid really. I would get your own RO/DI unit and change the filter as needed and when needed. Always have a QT up and running in case you do have to treat fish or corals for nay reason.
But yes, it does happen some times but it helps when your prepared to deal with it.

S

siptang

I understand what you mean. :/ It will get there my friend. Don't worry and let's take one day at a time! Hakuna Mutata!! ;)

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang http:///t/395505/system-shot/60#post_3527055
I understand what you mean. :/ It will get there my friend. Don't worry and let's take one day at a time! Hakuna Mutata!! ;)
Bwaaahahaa...... did you just use my line on me? Lol.....Wow.

It will come around and believe me it has. Got the Chem pure elite put in and I saw a tremendous change with in 24 hours. The coral already look happier. Just gatta be patient. Lol

S

siptang

Yessir on both accounts of using your line and being patient. :)
Good to hear that chemi cure elite made a huge difference for you. Say, when are you supposed to change them out? I usually change my carbon out about once a month but was told that chemi cure lasts longer?

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang http:///t/395505/system-shot/60#post_3527104
Yessir on both accounts of using your line and being patient. :)
Good to hear that chemi cure elite made a huge difference for you. Say, when are you supposed to change them out? I usually change my carbon out about once a month but was told that chemi cure lasts longer?
It all depends on how much phosphates you have. I have rinsed mine off twice now and believe I may have to get some more before going to the beach in a few weeks. Typically however, I changes then out between four to six months.

novahobbies

Kiefers, have you ever considered using a GFO reactor for the tank instead of the Chemipure?
I'm asking 'cause I may have a spare TLF reactor hiding around the house somewhere here....

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///t/395505/system-shot/60#post_3527542
Kiefers, have you ever considered using a GFO reactor for the tank instead of the Chemipure?
I'm asking 'cause I may have a spare TLF reactor hiding around the house somewhere here....
Hi! Sorry, haven't been on lately. I would like to have a GFO however, I don't have the space for it. I will have to shoot you a pic of my wet/dry unit and you can tell me. (Wow, that just sounds kinds wrong huh?) Lol....Tell me about the GFO tho. you have my attetion

spanko

I wonder why you would add Fe to the system? Are you having uncontrollable phosphate concerns? Do you know that there is a risk to Fe poisoning at the worst and perhaps some SPS browning on the tips? From my reading GFO works and sometimes it does not. I am of the opinion if it is not necessary then why take the risk.Besides there is a certain amount of Fe included in the Chemi Pure Elite.
Oh yeah Hi guys!!!