T.O. in dallas?

sufunk

And yes i was a fan of Jerry buying the team and firing Landry. It was obvious Landry was past his primebut i do wish it was handled better
Check where i live, i knew all about JJ and was psyched beyond belief he was gonna be our coach. I saw 1st hand what he did for UM and made them the BADDEST team in the land.
So again, nice try

oceanists

Originally Posted by sufunk
And yes i was a fan of Jerry buying the team and firing Landry. It was obvious Landry was past his primebut i do wish it was handled better
Check where i live, i knew all about JJ and was psyched beyond belief he was gonna be our coach. I saw 1st hand what he did for UM and made them the BADDEST team in the land.
So again, nice try

sorry im not getting exact dates
Your a joke .... can we get a ban here

darth tang

were only saving 700k a year, thats nothing. Whats 1 million more a year to know your kicker isnt gonna wet his pants if he has to make a game winner?
Vandy has awesome numbers but hes had very few pressure kicks. Hes piled up a lot of FG's in games indy won big. Plus he kicks indoors as opposed to bad weather for vinarieri. What would their numbers be if vandy was outside in NE his whole career and vinatieri was indoors?

Your logic is staggering to me. You complain about the cap hit we will take against owens IF we ultimately have to cut him, but say the 700k we saved on a kicker is peanuts?
Lets compare POTENTIAL value. How many "clutch" field goals will a kicker have a year....1, maybe two at the end of a game. Not exactly the main reason someone should be signed when you factor in the guy had 6 out of 10 seasons where he kicked under 80%. Not to mention the fact he has missed 7 extra points in his ten year career. With percentages and numbers like that we may as well have kept our original kicker. They are close to the same. But wait...Vinateri can win you ONE extra game a year. That makes it all worth it.
Now look at TO. In 10 years (with injuries) He has piled up over 10,000 yards and over 100 touchdowns with an average YPC of 14.7. Awesome numbers by all respects. Michael Irvin has similar numbers for yards in a 12 year span (almost 12,000) and a higher YPC at 15.9. BUT Irvin only scored 65 times. Irvin is arguably the best receive in Cowboys history. Yet TO has similar numbers and MORE touchdowns, and you are mad we signed him? The cost in cap space is worth the risk. Especially if you want to spend more money on a kicker that is good in the clutch.
We had 1 clutch end of the game field goal (if I remember right) last year. We missed the field goal, but still won the game (penalty call). But we lost far more games where we missed one or two field goals (or extra points) early and lost by that margin. Vanderjagt gives us 4 more wins last year on his field goal percentage alone. You comment on him being an indoor kicker (because INDY is a dome). Every away game last year was an open field (no enclosed dome). So half of his games were outside. Let's look at the total numbers for those outside games. During the season he didn't miss a single extra point outdoors. He also went 8-9 which is a staggering 89% field goal percentage. Which means, outdoors he kicks GREAT!. Oh, and he has only missed 2 extra points (and kicked far more than Vin) in his entire career. Plus Vanderjagt is younger than Vin...another bonus.

sufunk

a) who cares about PAT %, everyone is like 99%
b) we missed a short fg with like 5 minutes left in the Denver game that killed us and i believe we missed short FG against wash(1st game) and seattle which helped cost us the game.
c) 1 extra win is all the difference in the world!! lookw at us, 1 more win and were in the playoffs. Look at Indy, all it takes is 1 horrible choke to ruin a amazing season. If Indy had vinatieri last year they send that game to ot and probably win with all the momentum they had
d) you.re not really saying that suisham or cortez or cundiff are as good as vinatieri.
As i said before, Vandy is a huge upgrade but i find it concerning that he was scared to death and choked, indoors, at home no less, on the biggest kick of his life. When Vinatieri lined up for the biggest kick of his life, he made one of the more amazing kicks in NFL history( In the snow to win the "tuck" game). For 700k more , id rather have a guy who wont pee his pants if we need him to win a playoff game. I dont care about the money, we have plenty. Id have given TO 2x what we did if it was incentive tied and forced him to behave and perform to get it. My biggest objection is we gave him 10 million, no questions asked when he has a history os screwing up!

sufunk

My logic is staggering but you think a kicker who can win you 1 extra game aint worth 700k. Thats staggering, especially considering the kicker you're talking about cost his team their best chance they will ever have at a super bowl and the other kicker won his team their 1st super bowl almost single handedly by beating Oakland( ok not singlehanded, the refs helped alot with that bs tuck overrule
)

oceanists

c) 1 extra win is all the difference in the world!! lookw at us, 1 more win and were in the playoffs. Look at Indy, all it takes is 1 horrible choke to ruin a amazing season. If Indy had vinatieri last year they send that game to ot and probably win with all the momentum they had
up!

acctually we were 2 wins from the playoffs last year , get your stats right!

sufunk

Not going inot the last game which we mailed in bc we were already eliminated. If we had won any other game all we had to do was beat the rams and we were in.
Nice try kiddo
but your the only one chronically wrong here
P.S.- donmt say we when referring to the cowboys till you figure out when emmitt was drafted

oceanists

Not going inot the last game which we mailed in bc we were already eliminated. If we had won any other game all we had to do was beat the rams and we were in.
Nice try kiddo
but your the only one chronically wrong here
P.S.- donmt say we when referring to the cowboys till you figure out when emmitt was drafted

yeah but that isnt what you said , and it still doesnt matter because it would have taken 2wins for US to be in
get your facts straight
Ps. Emmitt was drafted in 1990 , his rookie cards official release was in 91 by Topps Stadium Club , everybody told him he was to small to be a running back. his idol was walter payton , emmitt was bedside when walter died , walter told emmitt he was the one who wanted to break his record , Emmitt did it ............... Dont get me started on Emmitt fact, i did a school report on him in 7th grade..........
I was 8 when emmitt was drafted ..... how old are you ? I can allready tell your an attourney because you like to jade the truth and make peoples mistakes obvious after a hard days work oh and you like to twist peoples words around and give them false meaning.
Tell me this honestly without thinking about it , how old were you when Ed To Tall Jones was drafted ............ thats what i did ... I didnt feel like counting on my fingers to figure out what age i was when Emmitt was drafted .... because it wasnt even the point.
Good Day
Can we get a lock on this thread it is doing nothing but wasting space.
Maybe even a ban of a Newbie (who obviously likes to argue) I dont think i have seen one post of his in the information threads

sufunk

First, you didnt make an honest mistake after a hard days work.
Thats too funny!!! I said you were 7 when emmitt was drafted so you couldnt understand and you replied specifically that you remember it very well. You said i was wrong because you werent 7 you were 12. That would be quite a mistake since the whole point of the post was to tell me how well you remembered it. You lied because you forgot you had your bday on here and you didnt want to admit you didnt know what you were talking about because you were only 8 at the time!
Just because you can read about emmitt doesnt mean you watched him which you obviously didnt since you were 8. What were you going to sports bars to watch every cowboy game at 8??? not likely. Either way im right, you're lying or you were 8 and dont know what youre talking about when you refer to emmitt.
P.S.- ban a newbie??? thats funny, you came on here a few months before me. As for not posting anywhere else. Other than posting a pic of my dog, this is like the 1st time i havent posted in the "fish" forums. UNLIKE you. All you have to do is check the threads and see who the mods have come down on. Certainly not me but i see they have with you! I havent argued with 1 person on this board except for 1 other person who lied on the boards. Darth and i may disagree but at least hes not blatantly lying to try to make a point because he was only 8 when it happened

so keep reporting to the mods. Ban , thats hilarious!!!
As i said before , im not wasting time with a "cowboy" fan who has no clue when emmitt was drafted or when hershel was traded even though they're posting about how well they remember it and how much it meant to them