T.O. in dallas?

pclown

I dont know about you but the disrespect that he did by dancing on the star is reason enough. I am a Redskin fan and did not like that at all. Two years ago he stood on the star in the Endzone.
I have two friends that are Cowboy fans and they are so mad that they have yet to be able to discuss it.
I know my opinion does not matter to much to yall, but I was shock when this report came out, and he is now making more than he was in Philly. So he got exactly what he wanted.

nflnutswif

Originally Posted by PClown
I would have disowned the Redskins if they had signed TO, I would think as Cowboy fans you would even feel stronger about it.
No, you would have been disappointed but not to the point of disowens. . I mean disowning YOUR team. regardless of how I personally feel about the loser, he will win us some games. Terrable Terrell will be forgiven with wins! like I said before Jerry Jones bought a market with this character.
My fear honestly is gonna be the reaction at Texas Stadium with those obnoxious eagle fans!!! And I speak from personal experiences.

sufunk

I still wouldnt agree because hes a cancer but you're wrong about cap space. Even if we cut him right now he will count a certain amount against the cap this year, next year and 08. Its the same as with all our greats when we got into cap helll in the late 90's, they were gone but still counting against the cap bc they were still under contract. We will get some relief but it still counts a portion. Thats part of why teams didnt wanna give edge and alexander the big money, they dont want it counting against their cap when they cut them in 3-4 years but they still have 2-3 years left on his contract.

nflnutswif

Originally Posted by PClown
I dont know about you but the disrespect that he did by dancing on the star is reason enough. I am a Redskin fan and did not like that at all. Two years ago he stood on the star in the Endzone.
I have two friends that are Cowboy fans and they are so mad that they have yet to be able to discuss it.
I know my opinion does not matter to much to yall, but I was shock when this report came out, and he is now making more than he was in Philly. So he got exactly what he wanted.

If you go and look at the Dallas message boards, I see more fans for
the acquisition than not.
P.S. I read these boards for everyones opinion, so don't think that just because you might not be agreed with it does'nt matter!
Off season sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sufunk

I was also in shock. I told my 2 cowboys friends we were definitely signing him like a month ago and was furious. They kept saying that wed get him real cheap bc of all the crap last year and itd be great. I kept saying even if he came for free i didnt want him. When i saw that we gave him 3 years $25 million i was FLOORED. I couldnt believe we gave him that kinda money no strings attached. What message does that send? no matter what you do, youll still get paid. Thats why i dont think it was a good move. What lesson did he leatn? none in my mind. Why would this be his last chance? Like i said before , with TO's mindset and the agent he has im sure he thinks hell get another contract no matter what he does in Dallas. A team thats close to the SB or badly needs a receiver will pay him bc theyll think the same thing everyone is saying here, that he knows this is his last chance and he wont screw up. Thats a nice argument but doesnt work.
Being in south florida and a dolphin hater ive been very amused at all the chances the dolphins gave lawrence phillips and cecil collins. remember him??? he was on probation for crawling in girls windows, was about to get a fat contract from the dolphins bc they thought he was their future. what did he do?? crawled in his neighbors window to oogle her and now hes in prison for 15 years. I just dont think a 32 year old "man" is gonna change, especially when he just got 10 million big ones for acting like a retard.

sufunk

If you go to dallascowboys.com and read the posts, most fans are disgusted, there are more saying they dont wanna be fans till hes gone than are happy with the move

darth tang

Originally Posted by sufunk
I still wouldnt agree because hes a cancer but you're wrong about cap space. Even if we cut him right now he will count a certain amount against the cap this year, next year and 08. Its the same as with all our greats when we got into cap helll in the late 90's, they were gone but still counting against the cap bc they were still under contract. We will get some relief but it still counts a portion. Thats part of why teams didnt wanna give edge and alexander the big money, they dont want it counting against their cap when they cut them in 3-4 years but they still have 2-3 years left on his contract.
The bonus is what will be left towards the cap. 5 million will be prorated through three years. So spread across 3 years (the length of his contract) this factors out to be 1.66 million a year. If we cut him after year one, only 3.32 million will count against next years cap. If he makes it 2 years and we cut him, 1.66 will count against it. If you lookl at what this cost the Eagles, we are/will get off cheaply.

darth tang

If Irvin would have done a dance on the Eagle at mid field Cowboys fan's would have loved it....just remember that.

darth tang

If you go to dallascowboys.com and read the posts, most fans are disgusted, there are more saying they dont wanna be fans till hes gone than are happy with the move

I remember when Many said this about the firing of Tom Landry.

oceanists

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
I am starting to question your football knowledge.
Emmitt played in 10 games in 2003 for the cardinals. He only started 5 of those that season. He had a 2.8 YPC average. In 2004 he played 15 games and started all 15. He still only had a 3.5 YPC average and didn't break a thousand yards. He had his worst two seasons in Arizona....even having less yards than his rookie season. Julius Jones had almost as many yards as Emmitt in half as many games.
Troy Hambrick in 2003 averaged 3.5 YPC for Dallas. More than Emmitt and far cheaper.........In this day and age, very few players get to retire with their team anymore. This is a free agent filled market. You may not like it, but that is the way it is. We honored emmit for everything he did for the team....But there comes a time when a person needs to let go. He was wanting to much money for the potential gains.......even at the veteran minimum.
Eddie George didn't come on till 2004....well after Emmitt was gone. Also the year we drafted J. Jones. If we would have waited for Emmitt to retire on his own......We wouldn't have Julius Jones most likely.
This is TO's last chance, do you think ANY team will sign him ever again if he screws up in Dallas.
TO benefitted the Eagles more while playing and running his mouth than when they benched and suspended him. Just look at the team's record last year with TO and without. Even with him running his mouth and causing "bad chemistry" the team was still 4-2 up untill that point.......then they went 2 and 8 without him...loosing 8 straight. One could argue injuries played a big part in that....but even with him running his mouth they still won 70% of their games.........

rxactly darth , im not sure where this guy is getting his info as a die hard fan ..... i welcome TO with open arms untill he screws up which i dont expect him to do , and as far as thgis guys comment of parcells being the biggest star .......................... WHY WOULD HE SIGN TO IF THIS WAS THE CASE ........

sufunk

Gee , Oceanist, notice who was missing from the press conference with TO. Thats right, Parcells. He must be thrilled with the move, thats why he decided to skip the press conference and not help welcome TO to the Cowboys. If you dont expect TO to screw up then you have more faith than most. Go ahead and welcome him with open arms, just dont be surprised when he takes a big dump in your hands!
P.S>- Lets make sure not to get this thread locked cus either me or Oceanist/Darth are gonna be eating 1 HUGE horse apple come January. I know who my moneys on.

sufunk

Not to mention, i cant believe you are quoting Darth about how Emmitt needed to be cut. Am i wrong? was Emmitt just some ordinary player? I agree this is a different age but Emmitt is a once in a lifetime player and deserved to be treated as such. Emmitt was not just a player, he was a football GOD, arguably the greatest player of all time. He deserved more than just being cut like any other run of the mill player to save a little money. He should have been treated the way Favre is being treated by GB now. If he was keeping us from winning a title that would be 1 thing but we were a crap team with a crap replacement for him . He deserved much better than to be thrown aside for troy hambrick

sufunk

Alright, forget that post, i just realized you were like 7 when emmitt came to us. I dont expect you to understand what he meant to those of us whose childhood was filled with NFC championship losses and winning a superbowl was only a dream.

pclown

Not to mention, i cant believe you are quoting Darth about how Emmitt needed to be cut. Am i wrong? was Emmitt just some ordinary player? I agree this is a different age but Emmitt is a once in a lifetime player and deserved to be treated as such. Emmitt was not just a player, he was a football GOD, arguably the greatest player of all time. He deserved more than just being cut like any other run of the mill player to save a little money. He should have been treated the way Favre is being treated by GB now. If he was keeping us from winning a title that would be 1 thing but we were a crap team with a crap replacement for him . He deserved much better than to be thrown aside for troy hambrick
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
I agree 100% , OH wait this the cowboy thread again, sorry ***)
I am leaving :happyfish

darth tang

P.S>- Lets make sure not to get this thread locked cus either me or Oceanist/Darth are gonna be eating 1 HUGE horse apple come January. I know who my moneys on.

I agree. I am backing off now. One of us will have to pull it up when the season has started...lol.
I am not saying TO won't do it, just that it was a cheap gamble from where I stand. lol
Hoping the gamble pays off.

sufunk

I hope so to because no matter what my 1st allegiance is always to the cowboys. However, even if we win the superbowl it wont be as sweet watching TO hold up the Lombardi as it was with the great teams of 92,93, and 95. Just not fun rooting for a guy i hate as much as TO.

darth tang

I hope so to because no matter what my 1st allegiance is always to the cowboys. However, even if we win the superbowl it wont be as sweet watching TO hold up the Lombardi as it was with the great teams of 92,93, and 95. Just not fun rooting for a guy i hate as much as TO.
I can agree with that...not the same as the triplets doing it at all.........
Of course jimmy johnson did say he would have taken TO....lol.

nflnutswif

I definately agree with that! I was at the induction of the Cowboy triplets into the wall of fame. Tears just tears that it's over, they were my greatest pleasure of watching Pro football with those guys playing. Long live Emmitt, Irvin, and Aikman. Class act!