T.O. in dallas?

turningtim

Heres the thing! TO went to a team that he wanted to go to (and saved from the Ravens). The Eagles were NFC champs 2 years before he got there. A top teir QB that could get him the ball. An offense that passes the ball more than anyone in the NFL. He would be the WR that put them over the hump. He COULD have been the hero! So they make to the SB (w/o TO) so three year NFC champs and still going strong.
AND look what he did with that opportunity! Why B/C of MONEY! Never looked to me like he cared if he won or not!
Why will it be any different with the Cowboys?
It most likly won't!
Tim

oceanists

Originally Posted by sufunk
As a diehard cowboy fan, I want to PUKE :mad:
We cut great team players like coakley and glover because they didnt fit our "system"
Not to mention Parcells cutting the greatest cowboy and NFL player for that matter who ever lived, Emmitt, but we sign this piece of garbage?!?!?!
No true Cowboy fan can be happy about this. If T.O. cant like Jeff garcia or Mcnabb in his prime, do you really think hell be satisfied with Drew Bledsoe?!!?!?!?!?!
The 1st time Bledsoe checks down to Witten when T.O. is wide open in his mind hell start the same crap he did in S.F. and Philly.
Money would have been much better spent getting Culpepper and Vinatieri rather than the worst cancer in the NFL.
No true Cowboy fan would ever disgrace himself by buying or wearing T.O.'s jersey!!!!!!

Totally dissagree .........I am also a die hard Cowboy fan who hated T.O.but you are ay off
Emmitt Smith was released because the Cowboys couldnt justify paying him the money he wanted when he had only been producing 1.7 yds p/carry , did you check Emmitts stats with the Cards it was embarrising for him.... Emmitt understood he wouldnt be payed high dollars to be a third down back in Dallas, there is to much youth out there. T.O. despite your personal feelings was the best move for the team, Jerry Jones is a smart bussinus man and Parcells is a smart coach. Regarding Coakley, what did Coakley do last season , our Linebackers werent in question last year. There was no room on the team for Glover his signing bonus was not worth keeping him on the team when you have Greg Ellis and to hot Dline rookies. You wont be complaining when T.O. puts up 15 TDs 100 receptions in a season (something that hasnt been done since Michael Irvin) as far as QB goes we had no reason to go after Cullpepper , the cowboys have there now guy ...... Bledsoe was the hottest QB the first 5 weeks untill or O line hit the crapper, with the Oline we had Tom Brady would have a chance, now if our o line does fail aghain this year we have a much better chance of moving the football with a reciever that is known for getting open making plays and strictly possesion ........ Keyshawn ran his mouth alot before he hit Dallas and he calmed down in the presence of Parcells
TO will not be a disgrace , as much as I hated T.O. he was the best for our Team ..... its all about winning football and Owens can help

sufunk

Emmitt was willing to come back for the veteran minimum. It had nothing to do with money, Parcells didnt want a bigger star in the locker room than himself. He knew alot of the locker room would potentially side with emmitt over him and he couldnt have it. Emmitts 1st year with the cardinals he was hurt, his 2nd year was anything but embarrassing.
Either way its not like we had anyone better!!!Troy Hambrick, Eddie George???? Im still trying to figure out how people can say they are die hard cowboys but have no problem cutting the greatest cowboy that will ever live for troy hambrick and eddie george. Emmitt deserved t go out on his terms, especially when the other options were hambrick and george.
TO was not our best move by far. Steve Hutchinson and vinatieri would have made us contenders. TO has made us a laughingstock and much like what happened in SF, Baltimore and Philly, its probably only gonna get worse.

darth tang

Emmitt was willing to come back for the veteran minimum. It had nothing to do with money, Parcells didnt want a bigger star in the locker room than himself. He knew alot of the locker room would potentially side with emmitt over him and he couldnt have it. Emmitts 1st year with the cardinals he was hurt, his 2nd year was anything but embarrassing.
I am starting to question your football knowledge.
Emmitt played in 10 games in 2003 for the cardinals. He only started 5 of those that season. He had a 2.8 YPC average. In 2004 he played 15 games and started all 15. He still only had a 3.5 YPC average and didn't break a thousand yards. He had his worst two seasons in Arizona....even having less yards than his rookie season. Julius Jones had almost as many yards as Emmitt in half as many games.
Troy Hambrick in 2003 averaged 3.5 YPC for Dallas. More than Emmitt and far cheaper.........In this day and age, very few players get to retire with their team anymore. This is a free agent filled market. You may not like it, but that is the way it is. We honored emmit for everything he did for the team....But there comes a time when a person needs to let go. He was wanting to much money for the potential gains.......even at the veteran minimum.
Eddie George didn't come on till 2004....well after Emmitt was gone. Also the year we drafted J. Jones. If we would have waited for Emmitt to retire on his own......We wouldn't have Julius Jones most likely.
This is TO's last chance, do you think ANY team will sign him ever again if he screws up in Dallas.
TO benefitted the Eagles more while playing and running his mouth than when they benched and suspended him. Just look at the team's record last year with TO and without. Even with him running his mouth and causing "bad chemistry" the team was still 4-2 up untill that point.......then they went 2 and 8 without him...loosing 8 straight. One could argue injuries played a big part in that....but even with him running his mouth they still won 70% of their games.........

sufunk

Not true. We would have drafted a replacement for emmitt no matter what. Question my knowledge all you want. The fact is, as a true fan id rather have spent a little more to have emmitt retire with us than hand the offense over to whiny , crying Hambrick. For 2 years all Hambrick did was cry that he should be the starter over emmitt. Hambrick never did anything except have 1 80 yard td in garbage time in a blowout loss against Philly that made his stats look good enough to dump emmitt for.
I agree in this day and age its hard to retire with your team and very few players can. But emmittt was the GREATEST COWBOY WHO WILL EVER PLAY FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hes not some run of the mill player that you dump to start troy hambrick!!!!!!!( where is he now by the way???? thats what i thought) We had no chance of competing for a title when we cut emmitt and we had no better options. We should have kept him until we drafted a replacement.
Im sorry but if you were happy cutting emmitt so that hambrick could average 3.5 yards and we save a little money( that we didnt use to sign any impact players id add) then you are not a true cowboy fan.
P.S.- you must be thrilled that we cut larry allen as well, now were even further under the cap. We can use that money to not sign impact players but instead players youve never heard of. And dont tell me you knew who Kyle Kosier was until we gave him $15 million.

sufunk

Also, the eagles going 4-2 with him running his mouth aint exactly good. They were by far the best team in the NFC and that 4-2 start was a dissapointment.

darth tang

In 2000 The rams had the best record and were arguably one of the best teams in the NFC. They started 2001 0-6..........Must have been bad locker room chemistry.

sufunk

I swear, Parcells and Jerry Jones are going senile. Let me get this right, after adding TO now were adding Vanderjaght????
Dont get me wrong we need a kicker bad and Vandy is a huge upgrade but why didnt we get Vinatieri??????
We have a ton of cap space so why not sign the clutchest kicker of all time rather than someone who missed the biggest kick of his life????? just to save a little money??
I know Vandy is the highest % kicker of all time but anyone who saw that kick against Pitt knows he choked big time. I could have gotten that kick closer

When have you ever seen vinatieri miss a clutch kick?? If were gonna spend money on a kicker finally why not get the one you know will never miss when it matters?

sufunk

The rams had injuries and unless you know nothing about football you know that Warner lost his nerve and hurt his thumb which meant he fumbled every time he was sacked

sufunk

Why bc i wanted the best kicker of all time, the best guard in the league and didnt want the biggest cancer in the league???????

Have fun in your TO jersey, im sure youll have another team soon if it doesnt work out.
Ill keep my Emmitt & Woodson jersey's on in pride.

darth tang

The rams had injuries and unless you know nothing about football you know that Warner lost his nerve and hurt his thumb which meant he fumbled every time he was sacked
In 2001 Warner threw for 3800 yards and had 36 touchdowns. The rams team lost a total of 4 fumbles all year. Try again. The rams did NOT have enough injuries that year to warrant an 0-6 start.

darth tang

Why bc i wanted the best kicker of all time, the best guard in the league and didnt want the biggest cancer in the league???????

Have fun in your TO jersey, im sure youll have another team soon if it doesnt work out.
Ill keep my Emmitt & Woodson jersey's on in pride.
Vanderjahtkjsakjdflkjldkfj Missed one kick and you label him as worse than Vinateri...even though vanderjagtffljkdshjhsdjk Has a higher kicking percentage..........Do you even look at stats and understand how they contribute to the game?
Hutchinson was NOT the best lineman...Our starting line is great...we proved that. Hutchinson we had no room for as a starter. Our back ups is where we fall short. We had NO line problems when the starters were healthy...we need quality back ups......that is all.
Did you even watch the games last year?

zsalinas

Wow, this has definately heated up. T.O. IS an impact player. If you're embarassed for signing him then I guess get another team. I can only imagine the smile on your face this year when you're winning games. Personally I wish T.O. wouldn't have gone to the cowboys cause I'm not a fan. I wish him well where ever he ends up though.

darth tang

Vinateri also recieved a 3.5 million signing bonus and 2.5 million a year for three years......he is a kicker for Christ's sake. He received almost the same signing bonus as TO....
I will take Vanderjagt for far less money, thank you.

sufunk

You know nothing about football if you think Vandy is better than Vinatieri regardless of percentage. When he lined up for the biggest kick of his life he missed it by 20 yards and that was indoors with no snow. That wasnt a miss, that was a CHOKE. Think vinatieri would have missed it?? Tell me when youve ever seen Vinatieri miss an important kick, much less a game winner in the playoffs. Why do you think thy let Vandy go to sign Vinatieri???
And if Hutchinson isnt the best guard in the league, exactly who is???? You telling me we signed Kyle Kosier to 5 year 15 million to be a back up??? If thats so, we could have certainly found a cheaper backup. you telling me we dont need to upgrade at center? Did you watch the games??? Remember how many fumbled snaps there were because gurode and johnson cant even get the ball to bledsoe.

sufunk

Ask Indy fans if theyd rather have payed a little more to get Vinatieri rather than have Vandy in the clutch. Id give Vinatieri more than TO. Hes proven that when you need him most he will win the game, no matter what. Hes made some of the more amazing kicks in Playoff history. Name me a bigger choke kick than Vandys in football history. And dont say Norwood's. His kick barely drifted right and missed. That was a miss and happens especially on long FG's. When you miss by 20 yards, you were scared to death and CHOKED!!!!!
By the way, as you said, what would the money have mattered , we have plenty of it so why not sign a kicker who NEVER misses when it matters instead of a kicker who was so scared he couldnt even made a decent attempt on the biggest kick of his life!

sufunk

Not to mention now wwe need another kicker to kick off. Vandy doesnt do that, He hasnt kicked off full time in 3 years. Think his leg got stronger in that time?

sufunk

You almost snuck one by me there too Darth.
I dont know what NFL you watch but explain how the rams were 0-6 in 2001 when they went 14-2 that year?????? 2002 they started 0-6 and Warner was the reason he missed 9 games that year and was hurt opening day! So try again and check your stats before you challenge my football knowledge

zsalinas

Lets all just agree the cowboys are a better team with him. Like somebody stated earlier the eagles were way better with him playing and whining then without him at all. Even if McNabb wouldn't have been injured last year they couldn't do anything it was ridiculous. McNabb always throws the game away in the end I got tired of watching the eagles play cause of that. Dallas is starting to have a well rounded team.