T.O. in dallas?

sufunk

Yes we are starting too but unfortunately we are building around the most unreliable, unpredictable player in the NFL. We're much better with TO if he behaves and i pray he does but with his track record it doesnt seem likely. If he acts up and we have to cut or suspend him, who do we start then??? we only have 3 receivers on the team anyway who have caught a pass( TO, Glenn, crayton). Even if one of them gets hurt we're in trouble. As thin as our receiving corp is, i wouldnt think we'd sign someone who chronically suspended.

zsalinas

You don't honestly think he'll be "on his best behavoir" because I'm sure he has to realize he's really good but not everybody wants his off the field tactics and this is possibly his last chance? Maybe Parcells is just the coach to kick him in the butt and put him in his place too.

sufunk

Why is this his last chance?? Isnt that what everyone said last year, that noone was gonna give him big money?? We did, no questions asked. What makes him think it wont happen again. Especially with Rosenhaus, Im sure he thinks good ole Drew will get him another fat contract no matter what. And hes probably right, some team will always take as chance as long as a player is that gifted. Look at how many chances Lawrence Phillips got and he was never even remotely good!!
As for Parcells whipping him into shape, he played for Andy Reid last year. He aint exactly Barry Switzer. Andy Reid and that Organization take no crap and rule with an iron fist but that didnt matter to TO. All parcells can do is the same thing Reid did, pray he behaves and if he doesnt suspend him

zsalinas

I just think that this could possibly be his last chance because nobody will want that garbage. He got his 2nd chance and now he needs to prove he's worth it. Maybe some desperate team would pick him up if something happens in Dallas. You'd think he'd just be happy he gets to play huh lol? I just think Parcells seems like he'd whip him into shape the second he got out of line. He's just the typical player that knows he's good and let it go to his head. He messed up big time in Philly and maybe he'll learn from his mistakes if not he'll either not have a job or be makin pennies.

sufunk

Darth think a 3.5 million signing bonus on 3 years 7.5 million for Vinatieri is outrageous for the best kicker ever. Now that its official, lets see what we sighed Vandy for. Ill bet its VERY close, at least a 2.5 million bonus and like 6.5 to 7 million for 3 years. Big savings!!!

sufunk

Anyone who thinks TO has changed, go to cbs.sportsline.com, Clark Judge has a great article quoting owens when he signed with the Eagles and Cowboys. He said the same BS 2 years ago when they signed him as he did the other day. Read the article and youll see, same ole TO!

sufunk

Wow! thats too funny NFLnutswif

Yeah, he is a changed man, wont be any problems with him!! what a egomaniac!!!!
"to the haters who said i wouldnt get my money, im laughing in your face, haha thats funny, i got what i wanted, $10 million up front! changed the rules of the game, now how you feel!" Those are actually the words to his song hes singing, do you people really think hes changed and want that kinda person on our team!!!!
I noticed he didnt sing anything about winning. Alot about money and being in the spotlight but nothing about getting us to the superbowl or winning. Hmmmmm, sounds like quite a team player and changed man!
Thanks for providing that ammo Nflnutswif

nflnutswif

I'm back. . .but this time I'm a Cowboy
I'm back. . .and I gottum say'n WOW BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can hardly wait!

darth tang

Originally Posted by sufunk
I hope your right but well see.
Darth must be checking his stats to see where he went wrong

Yes, I will concede my stats were off a year. But in all actuality it proves my point further. Thank you, in 2001 the Rams were the best team in the NFC....2002 they had an 0-6 start.
You attribute the best team in the NFC coming off of 2004 as the eagles and you claim their 4-2 start was horrible because of Owens mouth. Yet the rams had a worse start and no locker room disfunction.
Again...record shows this last year, with Owens they were better...even when he was running his mouth. You can not deny that. You can chalk up injuries for both teams (rams and eagles) at the quarterback position (playing hurt). The only difference in the two was the go to receiver...owens and Holt...apparently a disfunctional Owens helped get the job done and a team oriented/quiet Holt didn't.

darth tang

Wow! thats too funny NFLnutswif

Yeah, he is a changed man, wont be any problems with him!! what a egomaniac!!!!
"to the haters who said i wouldnt get my money, im laughing in your face, haha thats funny, i got what i wanted, $10 million up front! changed the rules of the game, now how you feel!" Those are actually the words to his song hes singing, do you people really think hes changed and want that kinda person on our team!!!!
I noticed he didnt sing anything about winning. Alot about money and being in the spotlight but nothing about getting us to the superbowl or winning. Hmmmmm, sounds like quite a team player and changed man!
Thanks for providing that ammo Nflnutswif

I don't think anyone has said he won't be conceded or mouthy...just not towards his teammates. He can brag and talk all he wants as long as we are winning and he isn't bashing teammates.

darth tang

Yes we are starting too but unfortunately we are building around the most unreliable, unpredictable player in the NFL. We're much better with TO if he behaves and i pray he does but with his track record it doesnt seem likely. If he acts up and we have to cut or suspend him, who do we start then??? we only have 3 receivers on the team anyway who have caught a pass( TO, Glenn, crayton). Even if one of them gets hurt we're in trouble. As thin as our receiving corp is, i wouldnt think we'd sign someone who chronically suspended.

Peerless Price...........you forgot

sufunk

Prove your point! are you joking????WARNER WAS HURT!!!!!!! thats why they started 0-6, that team was in turmoil and getting old they were not the team of 99-2001.
Yes we are better with owens, any team is , just like Philly was. BUT, just like with philly, it doesnt help to have a great player if you have to suspend him ! He could be the greatest receiver of all time but if hes not on the field he is worthless!
Im not saying their 4-2 start was horrible but it was dissapointing. they were supposed to be head and shoulders above any team in the NFC not to mention 5x better than any team in the division. Because of owens crap, they werent even before the injuries started. You really think his preseason antics didnt hurt them?? Ask any Philly fan how much he helped them last year, ask any Philly fan if theyd want him back under any circumstances. I doubt youll find even 1.

darth tang

Not to mention now wwe need another kicker to kick off. Vandy doesnt do that, He hasnt kicked off full time in 3 years. Think his leg got stronger in that time?
Paying him and someone the league minimum to do kick offs will still be cheaper than paying Vinateri. Our missed field goals last year weren't all clutch. For christ's sake we missed an extra point. We just needed someone that can kick a field.....Edinger would have done as far as I am concerned. With an accurate kicker we would have won 4 more games last year.....that is excluding clutch field goals.

pclown

I would have disowned the Redskins if they had signed TO, I would think as Cowboy fans you would even feel stronger about it.

sufunk

Thank you pclown, i think thats how most cowboy fans feel , not to mention any other teams fans. Noone wants a gloryhogging cancer on their team, well apparently some do but not most.
That being said, get out of our thread damn REDSKIN!!!!!!!!

darth tang

Prove your point! are you joking????WARNER WAS HURT!!!!!!! thats why they started 0-6, that team was in turmoil and getting old they were not the team of 99-2001.
Yes we are better with owens, any team is , just like Philly was. BUT, just like with philly, it doesnt help to have a great player if you have to suspend him ! He could be the greatest receiver of all time but if hes not on the field he is worthless!
Im not saying their 4-2 start was horrible but it was dissapointing. they were supposed to be head and shoulders above any team in the NFC not to mention 5x better than any team in the division. Because of owens crap, they werent even before the injuries started. You really think his preseason antics didnt hurt them?? Ask any Philly fan how much he helped them last year, ask any Philly fan if theyd want him back under any circumstances. I doubt youll find even 1.

And if he pulled that crap here...I wouldn't want him back either. My point is this....if we get one good season out of him great. Which philly did and we are paying him less his first year than philly did. If he starts acting up secong year...cut him and we have lost nothing .....not even cap space. See my point? That is all I am saying...
Do I approve of his antics, not really...I find him funny somtimes...but the minute he bad mouths a player on the cowboys I expect him to be gone...however we did put up with Keyshawn bad mouthing Bledsoe last year.....In my eyes we have just got a more talented MESHAWN JOHNSON. Nothing has changed except for talent. Remember Keyshawns antics in Tampa....the same as Terrell.......and the cowboys made it work.....

darth tang

Originally Posted by PClown
I would have disowned the Redskins if they had signed TO, I would think as Cowboy fans you would even feel stronger about it.
This is a discussion for Cowboy fans, Like your coach said to Lavar Arrington...: "There is the door".