Tang Police

t316

What started out as a good intention here, has turned to crap IMO. And Bang, how many newbies are going to open up a thread called "Tang Police"? This is just another place for veterans to run up their post count, just as I am doing now I guess....
Maybe retitle it "Click here for Advice on Tangs", or if the intention was to crack down on the people slamming new comers, how about "I'm a Mod, and I'm going to flex my muscles"? That should run off a few more regulars, yes? As if we need that.
Personally, I'm not liking the tone of this thread at all....

adee

Originally Posted by Try2wryte
http:///forum/post/2960231
How Come the Hippo Tang wasn't in that list???
i was wondering the same thing... and the hippos are sooo common since finding nemo.
What I dont understand (and its happened to me recently) is someone jumping down my throat about my hippo tang BABY (pictures were provided) being housed in my 37 gallon tank. When in the same post I typed I have no intentions of leaving it in my small tank but rather growing it up to go into my 125. The size it is now it would be picked on if not killed by its planned "room mates". The poster went off on their "tang police" tangent without even reading the thread... what is up with that? Some people do have their stuff together on certain things and actually preplanned, have done their research, know when tanks would be too small long term but have alternate plans.. and its not like im some kind of troll either, in the very same forum I have my "big tank" thread complete with pictures.. its obvious im not one of "Those people" who just house their tangs in tiny tanks... I wish people wouldnt assume as often and just read instead of going off pictures only when the "owner" of the thread have gone to the extent of elaborating and doing an actual post.
((off soap box))

spanko

A reason to try to learn some of the scientific names. It is there.
Paracanthurus hepatus, Pacific Blue Tang,

bang guy

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/2960288
What started out as a good intention here, has turned to crap IMO. And Bang, how many newbies are going to open up a thread called "Tang Police"? This is just another place for veterans to run up their post count, just as I am doing now I guess....

I've issued my first citation regarding this subject.
Oh, this thread is NOT for "newbies".... it's for experienced hobbiests that feel they need to berate others because they run their tank differently.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/2960288
Maybe retitle it "Click here for Advice on Tangs", or if the intention was to crack down on the people slamming new comers, how about "I'm a Mod, and I'm going to flex my muscles"? That should run off a few more regulars, yes? As if we need that.
Personally, I'm not liking the tone of this thread at all....
SWF tang sales must be down to nano owners or something.