tank cycled in less then a week?

al&burke

You should thank Joe, because he just saved what ever first fish you were going to put it, very important to check and wait in this hobby.

nfsplayer

I just received my refractometer and salinity is at 1.23. i will buy PH tester wednesday.
So far Joe saved me a lot of money and fish, I thank him a lot for his time and help. I'm just afraid to mess it up. I already had 3 tank crashes in past 2 years, so this time i'm trying to do everything right.

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nfsplayer http:///t/387454/tank-cycled-in-less-then-a-week/20#post_3409889
I just received my refractometer and salinity is at 1.23.
i will buy PH tester wednesday.
So far Joe saved me a lot of money and fish, I thank him a lot for his time and help. I'm just afraid to mess it up. I already had 3 tank crashes in past 2 years, so this time i'm trying to do everything right.
You had to read something wrong... are you sure your salinity wasn't at 1.023, not 1.23?

kiefers

well..... reads to me that you are now on the right track. now, still....... the waite continues. Lol.....

florida joe

Why do you have this obsession with taking the shrimp out? How do you plain on continuing to feed the cycle as it grows before you put in any live stock

nfsplayer

So i'll test water again in few days.
About the shrimp, what will happen to it after cycle is over? does CUC eat it?

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerjp98 http:///t/387454/tank-cycled-in-less-then-a-week/20#post_3410306
No, I disagree with you, kiefers.. I say leave it in there and let it be... it will eventually break down... imo
I agree with you, it will indeed breakdown eventually but why leave it? After the ammonia reaches a reading of 4 it's okay to remove the stinky rotten protein bag discard it and allow the tank to cycle through.

who me?

lol... I haven't seen any of your posts in a while... glad to see your still on here!
No not you. Take it out. No leave it in. I took it out. No leave it in. No take it out. I put it back. Now take it out. No! Leave it in. Just take it out. I thought it was funny.
Still here, lurking mostly. Not much going on, just learnin'.