tank cycled in less then a week?

nfsplayer

I've been using API test kits for few years now and they are pretty accurate. My LFS store also sells other one, but they cost three times more then API does.

kiefers

some folks on the forum use the seacem test kits. You should be able to use this kit with zero problems and..... there more acurrate than the API's.

tirtza

Wow!! I just looked up the prices of the Marine PinPoint digital testers.....I major sticker shock! The pH test alone was $70! I think I'll stick to my API tests for now. I have a Seachem test for pH and Alkalinity (which I don't test yet), and then a set of API tests for pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate. I like to use the both the Seachem and API test when I'm testing my pH. In general, they've both always had the same results. When I run out of API, I'll purchase Seachem next since that seems to be highly recommended.

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirtza http:///t/387454/tank-cycled-in-less-then-a-week/100#post_3412100
Wow!! I just looked up the prices of the Marine PinPoint digital testers.....I major sticker shock! The pH test alone was $70! I think I'll stick to my API tests for now. I have a Seachem test for pH and Alkalinity (which I don't test yet), and then a set of API tests for pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate. I like to use the both the Seachem and API test when I'm testing my pH. In general, they've both always had the same results. When I run out of API, I'll purchase Seachem next since that seems to be highly recommended.
yeah, there is no point in buying the digital moniters unless you're an advanced hobbyist

tirtza

I wish someone would invent a single digital device that tests pH, salinity, ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates. Something that looks like a refractometer but does all of that other stuff as well.

nfsplayer

I have a small problem. I bought a zoo frag at my LFS for a good price, but my hermit crab keeps knocking it out of the spot i'm putting it in. Is there any way to glue it?