Tank Pics

cincyreefer

Excellent looking tank still! I especially like the Horn shark. Never figured out why, but one of my favorite sharks.

jim27

Yeah I've still got my tank. It just has a lone whitespotted bamboo in it now though. I haven't been around in a long while because I've been pretty busy with school.

pitbull01

So do you plan to keep all three sharks in there forever? Just wondering. Looks AWESOME, though, like beyond words awesome!! I hope someday I can have something even close to that, and not my 55 gallon mixed fish/invert tank!! I am soooo jealous of you. If you don't mind me asking, what type of lighting and filtration do you have on that tank!! Once again, your tank is awesome!!
-Adam

pitbull01

Say, won't that blacktip eat the all of the others? I thought they were really predatory toward other fish and stuff?
-Adam h*

ac

Novice, it's great to see the sharks doing well. My female bamboo seems to be happy she's laid about 25 eggs in the last 6 months. The epaullette and sting rays are doing great too. :happy:
:happy:

novice150

Thanks to everyone who commented/complimented my tank:D
Let's see here...
F1shMan: Yeah, I've been in the tank several times. Only when I must, to either clean or retrieve something. Kinda cool to be in there with them, and get a fish's view:D
Sharkguy22: The black tip has grown, but not as much as most figured it would. I expected the shark to grow faster in captivity than it would in the wild, and he has...but not by much.
nemo lover: The sharks are fed a variety of seafood's 3-4x per week. Basically whatever is on sale at the local grocery store. Several kinds of fish, squid, shrimp, scallops, etc. As far as how much? I used to weigh it, but over time I've slowly increased the amount and I just "eyeball" the portions now.
JayC: The tank is 1700 gallons.
Fishieness: I assume by "see through the tank" you mean are both front and back walls clear...nope. Just the front window is acrylic. The reflection you see is the sliding glass door behind me.
Mattiej: Sounds awesome! Would love to see pics too:D And, you've got mail.
Tony: Yeah, the tank is doing great! Couldn't be happier with it. At the rate the BT is growing, I figure I've got a couple more years at least.
Jim27: The bonnet head died a year ago while I was on vacation:(
Pitbull01: I plan to keep the bamboo and horn for life, and hopefully the BT as well. My wife and I are talking about possibly moving next year...so a new/bigger tank may be coming soon. The BT is very aggressive towards fish...has killed MANY. But for the most part, he leaves the other sharks alone. He did injure a leopard shark back in the beggining while trying to take food from him, and leopard ended up dead. He gets along with the other two now, and I don't plan to add anymore.
AC: Very cool! Got pics?

pitbull01

AC. Cool tank!! I like it! If you dont mind me asking, what size tank is that and what are the dimensions of it? Also, what livestock do you got in there? I see the head of an eel, a couple of rays, the bamboo, and the epaulette? Did I spell the E one right?
-Adam

ac

The tank is 320 gallons. It's 84 inches long 36 inches wide and 24 high. There's a bamboo, epaullette, two rays and a golden moray in the tank.

ac

Yes, definitely pictures MattieJ :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: