Teacher beats the heck out of a student

meowzer

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3269401
I know I sound like the mush mush one, but I'm a mean one. Certain things are expected of a child (well, and adults of course). If they step outside of this expectancy, punishment will ensue. But I can't teach a kid to expect illegal behavior as punishment for their actions.
I agree totally.....I don't expect my kids to go to school thinking if they don't behave they will be beat up.....that should never happen ANYWHERE....I don't believe physical violence teaches anyone anything, BUT to be physically violent

crypt keeper

I dont care how unruly a kid gets. It should never come to a flat out attack. This teacher should had just walked away notified her administrator and had it dealt with. Now she looks like a total mental case who should never be allowed to have childern of her own. A grown up is just that a grown up. You dont unleash fist, kicks and push his head into a concrete wall. What happens when a grown man of decent size loses control? I myself am no little guy. I weigh 240 pounds and power lift. I could take a 13 year old kid and throw him into a wall like a sack of potatos. That woman struggled to hurt that kid. Thank god. It could had been much much worse.

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3269406
I agree totally.....I don't expect my kids to go to school thinking if they don't behave they will be beat up.....that should never happen ANYWHERE....I don't believe physical violence teaches anyone anything, BUT to be physically violent
Meh. If my father didnt lay the leather to my tail who knows where I would be. Some kids need to be beat IMO. Not like what was sown in the video. But a smack or 5 to the tail end does some good.

flower

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3269478
Meh. If my father didnt lay the leather to my tail who knows where I would be. Some kids need to be beat IMO. Not like what was sown in the video. But a smack or 5 to the tail end does some good.

Sorry, but no child deserves to be beaten. Teens can have privileges taken away; little ones can have a time out. A swat on the butt or hand, which only works on a very young child, is not a fist, nor a strap or a stick.
If your parents beat you, I’m sorry. They did what they themselves were taught was the answer, and it does become a cycle. They did their best, as a parent only you can break that cycle and LEARN how to discipline without violence.

crypt keeper

i love how people are so against it but yet 50 years ago kids could walk the streets alone. Parents didnt worry much about their kids being gone. School shootings didnt happen. Teens werent out having --- and getting preggers at the rate they are now. Kids werent getting on intercome systems and acting like idiots. I have a good reason why. Because they were in fear of Mr. DAD coming home and tearing that ass up with a belt or hand. Teachers used to whip kids hands with rulers. Parents used to whip there kids tails. Cops werent called. People like yourself didnt act appalled. Now look at us. Kids killing each other left and right. Mass murders at schools. A teacher touches a kid they fired and the kid gets coddled like he was a victim of a major crime. GET OVER YOURSELF.
What do you do when a kid flat out tells you to shut your mouth and kiss his rear and that he wont sit still? He wont get his things taken away? I saw a kid lose total control and tell his mother every curse word in the book at a store once. The mom started saying not now dont do this now please Im begging you. 18 Years ago I ago acted a fool in a store once to my dad. My dad turned around open handed damned near knocked my head off. Guess what never happened again ever? Take a wild guess.
Thats whats wrong with majority of these asshole kids today. Im not saying beat your kid like in the video shown. But a swift open slap to the back of the head goes along way.

cranberry

I believe you are seeing the product of a Latch Key generation.... not from lack of beatings.
Not that I'm against sending an unruly kid out to the tree to pick their switch.... I'm against beatings... I'm not against just punishment. I don't think paddling someones butt should have fallen out of favour.
During nursing school I went through this kid school program thing ... I don't even know what is was exactly. My mouth was open the whole time and how these adults handled this room full of kids. If we are willing to pay the money, we could train people to better raise our kids.
Our Kates is going to be a teacher. You have no idea how unhappy I was to hear that.

jtt

Posting a reply after just reading page 1, so I have not read the whole thread yet, but i would like to point first off that in no way do agree with this teachers actions, BUT isn't it interesting that when i was growing up, if I got in trouble, i got a good spanking with a wooden board, but nowadays you do much as pat your child on the butt as a disciplinary action or grab their arm as you walk thru the store and it's public, you could be charged with child abuse. Unruly kids are like unruly dogs. If I am going to train a crazy stray rottweiler with behavior problems not to bite, bark, or attack and to respect me as it's master, its going to come with a price of discipline, to some people, that's a firm touch to the neck like the dog whisperer on TV or to others a swift kick to the torso, you need to do something to get through to them. Having talks and little heart to hearts wont work with problem dogs and problem kids, they arnt going to learn anything. Otherwise the students are going to end up at a special school for kids with screwed up behavior problems, picking fights with little girls. Did the teacher go too far? Yeah. She should have disciplined the kid the dog whisperer way rather than the redneck way, but at the end of the day the kids not gonna pull crap like that anymore.

jtt

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3269516
i love how people are so against it but yet 50 years ago kids could walk the streets alone. Parents didnt worry much about their kids being gone. School shootings didnt happen. Teens werent out having --- and getting preggers at the rate they are now. Kids werent getting on intercome systems and acting like idiots. I have a good reason why. Because they were in fear of Mr. DAD coming home and tearing that ass up with a belt or hand. Teachers used to whip kids hands with rulers. Parents used to whip there kids tails. Cops werent called. People like yourself didnt act appalled. Now look at us. Kids killing each other left and right. Mass murders at schools. A teacher touches a kid they fired and the kid gets coddled like he was a victim of a major crime. GET OVER YOURSELF.
What do you do when a kid flat out tells you to shut your mouth and kiss his rear and that he wont sit still? He wont get his things taken away? I saw a kid lose total control and tell his mother every curse word in the book at a store once. The mom started saying not now dont do this now please Im begging you. 18 Years ago I ago acted a fool in a store once to my dad. My dad turned around open handed damned near knocked my head off. Guess what never happened again ever? Take a wild guess.
Thats whats wrong with majority of these asshole kids today. Im not saying beat your kid like in the video shown. But a swift open slap to the back of the head goes along way.
I 100% agree!
Plain and simple: if you spare the rod, you hate your child.

reefraff

Once most kids are in school they should be able to be dealt with by talking. That doesn't mean some kids wont need a swat some times. When I got married my kid was 12 (her kid, I adopted him). I had to get physical with him one time and that just involved me backing him into a corner and calmly explaining to him that pushing me out of the way to walk out of the room while his mother was telling him how to do a chore was not acceptable. All it took was that one incident. Never had to even think about physical punishment again. He may have somehow gotten the impression I was strongly thinking about getting physical, I am a pretty good actor when I need to be

nina&noah

Originally Posted by JTT
http:///forum/post/3273899
I 100% agree!
Plain and simple: if you spare the rod, you hate your child.
I soooooo do not agree with this!!!!!
I agree with cranberry 100%!!!! People are too lazy or too ignorant to discipline their children in an appropriate efffective way. That is the problem. Now I will be honest, my child is only 3, but we have never laid a hand on him. People have told me they wish they could take him home. I've been told that he is the most respectful, well behaved child they have ever seen. My secret....I say what I mean, and I mean what I say. I never lose my temper with him. I never raise my voice, and I never hit. These things only teach him to react this way when he doesn't get what he wants. I use time-outs and I've taught him that there are consequences for his actions. I'm not saying that he is perfect (he tests his bounderies), but he is great kid.
On the OP, I'm a teacher (or I used to be) and I can say that I've had kids make me pretty mad. I've been so disgusted with a kids behavior I've wanted to throw the kid across the room. Teachers have their moments, but you have to have patience to be a teacher. You have to have self-control. What I don't understand is that this teacher looked like a hoodlum off the street. She looked like one of those you-tube videos you see of some punk beating someone up for fun!

scottnlisa

I know I would be upset, well let's be honest furious if a teacher beat my son; weather or not he deserved it or not. I just feel I want a phone call if my son is "off the grid" so to speak, I'll sign him out of school or talk with him and the principle together then come up with a punishment myself. I don't want anyone else laying a hand on my child without my permission. I come from a family if your told a couple times "don't touch the TV" and the child keeps doing it well my father thought "let him pull in on his head a few times, He'll learn..." lol I was the kid that turned around and did what I was told not to do but no teacher ever laid a hand on me. and in this day and age you hit your child, child protective services are at your door.
my son is 8 now and I'm lucky that he will come and talk to me about something bothering him before it escalates but there was a child in his class that was so out of control he was removed from the class no idea if he had something mental or physical going on but everytime I was in the classroom that child was uncontrollable my son's teacher has the patience of a saint I think. if you hit a child to prevent them from doing something in the back of my mind I just think the kid is going to say well she's telling not to hit but she hit me to calm me down... confusing to a kid. In my day I respected and was alittle afraid of adults (teacher, parents, etc) I don't think kids are afraid of elders anymore wonder when that happened?

reefraff

My sister works with Autistic kids. Getting bit, pinched, slugged etc. is part of the job and you have to be able to deal with it. Some people don't have the temperament to deal with kids, let alone troubled kids like that school has or special needs kids like my sister deals with.

crypt keeper

Im not saying to hit a 3 year old. Cranberry also said she is okay with smacking the bottom and making somebody pick there own switch from a tree. So What side are you on? You should never hit a 3 year old. Hell I know how big and strong I am. Id be afraid to do serious damage. Lets use a little common sense here. Its totally different when I see a kid 10 - 13 years old acting like a idiot and telling his mother to shut up vs a 3 year old. Im all for popping a kid who is acting like a complete maniac to set them straight. Some kids need to be whipped. Thats plain and simple. Taking their stuff away or placing them in timeout It doesnt work. You all are making me sound like I said take the kid over a knee and beat them with a belt till they cant sit. NO. But a swift smack to the rear goes a long way and is far from abuse. People now a days make it sound like this horrible thing. Its not.
Originally Posted by nina&noah
http:///forum/post/3274489
I soooooo do not agree with this!!!!!
I agree with cranberry 100%!!!! People are too lazy or too ignorant to discipline their children in an appropriate efffective way. That is the problem. Now I will be honest, my child is only 3, but we have never laid a hand on him. People have told me they wish they could take him home. I've been told that he is the most respectful, well behaved child they have ever seen. My secret....I say what I mean, and I mean what I say. I never lose my temper with him. I never raise my voice, and I never hit. These things only teach him to react this way when he doesn't get what he wants. I use time-outs and I've taught him that there are consequences for his actions. I'm not saying that he is perfect (he tests his bounderies), but he is great kid.
On the OP, I'm a teacher (or I used to be) and I can say that I've had kids make me pretty mad. I've been so disgusted with a kids behavior I've wanted to throw the kid across the room. Teachers have their moments, but you have to have patience to be a teacher. You have to have self-control. What I don't understand is that this teacher looked like a hoodlum off the street. She looked like one of those you-tube videos you see of some punk beating someone up for fun!

nina&noah

Okay crypt I can see your point. I mentioned my child's age, because I was being honest about my experience. I don't think you advocate hitting 3 year olds. I was arguing the phrase "If you spare the rod, you hate your child." Which I know you didn't say. I was just saying that I don't believe in hitting children. I do believe that time outs work, but like I said, my child is 3. Maybe at some point it will stop working and I will run out of options. Maybe you all will be right in the long run, but for now, I believe that violence teaches violence. If you lose control, so will your children. Don't you think how you train them as toddlers sets them up for how they will behave as 10-13 year olds? I've seen parents let their toddlers run wild because they are "so little." My hope is that this is what sets them up to be disrepectful adolescents. Again, I'm no expert, just an educated mom trying her best to do what is right.