The case of the disappering fish....

benj2112

Originally posted by DanJ
also trading in the 2 hawaiian Damsels for 3 percula clowns..... I want to eliminate the more aggressives in the tank for the more docile .... I hope it goes well....

Well, at this point I am really only doing quick scans of this thread, but I would say only get 2 clowns instead of 3. That way you can hope the two get on well together. Also, it is recommended to get one that is slightly bigger than the other.

d12monkey

Danj wants 3 because he has 1 already and this would make 2 pairs. There is a chance that they'll fight with each other but he wants the 2 pairs.

danj

I'm sorry for all those that loscount...lol the otherday my shrimp was attacking the last clown behind the gills.... and well he passed.... later that day .... then I was askedto take cloeups of the others I did the best I could.... I would like to keep them in pairs ... ideally... can I get away with 4 or will the boards have a fit with me again???? lol
I'm placing the order for a 75 w/ the overflow built in.... next week, now that I have a place to put it.... will be getting new filter & skimmer..... also .... well TTFN...:happyfish

new2u

dan, differnt clowns dont usually get along so may i suggest sticking to one pair and getting one of the many other intersting fish out there

d12monkey

:rolleyes: Ok that wasn't me... LOL that was my boss, she caught me on here. :eek:
I was going to say.
I would like to keep them in pairs ...

Ok Noah...
When are you building the ark?

:D What are you going to name this soap opera?
The quick and the dead: The story of DanJ's fish? Or something like the hard head and the restless: The story on the abusive board? Or Cops: Live from SWF.com

You know I'm just messing around. :D
On a serious note. The other clown that was being picked on. Did that one die?

d12monkey

I'm placing the order for a 75 w/ the overflow built in.... next week, now that I have a place to put it.... will be getting new filter & skimmer..... also .... well TTFN...:happyfish

I thought it was going to be a 90+ Gal :notsure:

danj

D12 first yes tha clown that was being picked on ... it passed
I was planning on a 90 but you know I have almost no fish left..... so why bother and I'm getting a pretty good deal on the 75. But before I buy it gotta get info on thecanister skimmer & the filter w/ the bio balls...etc.
:happyfish

d12monkey

I would still prob opt for that 90 gal because you will eventually need it for those sharks. And you did say you wanted to keep them. So just go ahead and pay a little more and get the 90 gal instead of having to get a larger on later.

danj

Well here is my thought..... I've got a friend who has a 45 or 55 w/ a wood cabinet that they aregoing to give me..... so I put the sharks in that one... fish only very liitle rock, couple of snails, a hermit or two.... done.... take the new 75 move the rocks into thatone get a few more & the perculas, again the "cleanup crew" .... done. take the 29 to my office, same deal some rock & clowns & I'm done... What do you think? Good plan ..huh?? :thinking: :jumping: :cheer:

danj

Oh BTW found the murderer....... :eek: found the hawaiian damsel attacking the last yellow tail..... he won't be gone soon enough!!!!!

unleashed

wow you have an awful lot of damsels.just for future reference.don't rule the sharks out completly the may not have killed your tangs but maybe played a role its disapeerance.,sharks are scavengers too.the culpraits were most likely yor damsels..damsels are very agressive fish.when I first acclimated my tank( 125 gal)I started off with 10 damsels a horseshoe crab and serphant starfish..and a few snails.with in a few weeks of watching the damsels shred each other they picked each other off one at a time.as i watched these fish pick at each other noticing they attack there own alike colors I started with 5 pairs of damsels I now have a yellow tail damsel 3 stripe damsel and a 4 striped damsel 3 out of 10 didnt chew each other up however when i did place a blue tang in my tank it wasnt long b4 the damsels made him dissapeeer.

danj

Well thak you for that .... but ... you missed the partwhere I traded my 3 yellow tangs for supplies. If you ment yellow tail.... damsels, yes ... it wasw experimented with the sharks removed, did you not read the soap opera???? :confused: the hawaiian damsel will be leaving soon, though not soon enough!!! I had seen aggressive behavior in them before but never actually taking pieces off.... it was horrific.. tonight I move them to the 5 gallon tank for export to the lfs, in trade for some b&w & true Percula Clowns.
:cheer: I knew of their agressive tendancies but never witnessed or imagined the level of visciousness the hawaiian damsels could inflict. The sharks on the other hand have always been extremely passive to a fault. I had a wrasse that chewed the sharks around the area of the dorsel & they never retaliated. I returned the wrasse & healed my sharks, they grew up in a fw community tank..... just to give you a brief history....

fish4eva

have you checked the filters? I always see fish in there.They also might have jumped out. Not the clam though.otherwise it don't ko

danj

THEY ARE GONE !!!!! :happy: :happy: :joy: :joy: :happyfish

Turns out an employee at the lfs will probably take the Hawaiian Domino Damsels for himself...... well they gave me 3 baby orange perculas paid 1 just to make it even....
Well the case of the missing fish has been solved..... I would like to thank those who helped out w/ the positive & constructive comments..... next post will be on filters for the new tank ......
TTFN

DanJ :happyfish