THE Most Dominating City in Sports Today!

crimzy

Originally Posted by Rylan1
Cleveland/Ohio State:
Cavs- East Champs
Browns ? - ok I know - they'll make playoffs this year- game against Pats was close/competitive
Indians- should have beat Sox, but can't be mad
Ohio State Football and Basketball- Both have National Championship in sight for 2007-2008
Rylan... come on... I didn't want to have to go there. Cleveland, and the state of Ohio in general is ultimate second place finisher (maybe even better than the Buffalo Bills). Ohio State lost 2 championships last year. Indians choked away a trip to the series. Cavs got demolished in the finals. Browns are extremely Lion-esk. While you do have some quality teams, I'd rather have one champion than 4 "also rans".
BTW, don't want to bring up bad memories but you are also the home of "the drive", "the fumble", and don't forget "the shot" (nice defense Ehlo).
Your teams may have beaten mine last year but at least we have a fistful of championships under our belt.

digitydash

Originally Posted by bjoe23
honestly,i think u all are jelous. Pats are gunna get upset, of anyloss it will be to indy but i really think they can beat them. the heat? they got a washed up bad kneed shaq and d-wade. thats all. Celtics have 3 complete players. And BC is not overrated, they are 7-0 and havent gotten up set like so many other high ranked teams. every1 thinks they are gunna lose to VT. if LSU was ranked 2nd you would all think LSU would win in a landslide
The heat have alot more the just 2 players.Wade is better then all your players with his skills.If you ask me Mourning is better than shaq anyway he just fill the paint more but Mourning is a ball blocking beast.Im am not jealous by no means you just don't have a grip on reality.By the way your PATS will lose more then 1 game this year and Indy.This is not NCAA it the NFL.Pats and Bo Sox I can see the rest

crimzy

Originally Posted by digitydash
The heat have alot more the just 2 players.Wade is better then all your players with his skills.

Just so you know, Dwayne Wade is the first human being since the beginning of time to be carried off on a stretcher after a dislocated shoulder. He'd be a good player if he could take off his skirt.

oniel21

Im am not jealous by no means you just don't have a grip on reality.

He's excited because his Bo Sox are in the world series. Most Boston fans don't know what to do with themselves... they've been so accustomed to losing and now with 1 world series win, and the 3rd world series appereance in the last 80 years, his version on reality is very tainted...

rudedog40

The heat have alot more the just 2 players.Wade is better then all your players with his skills.If you ask me Mourning is better than shaq anyway he just fill the paint more but Mourning is a ball blocking beast.Im am not jealous by no means you just don't have a grip on reality.By the way your PATS will lose more then 1 game this year and Indy.This is not NCAA it the NFL.Pats and Bo Sox I can see the rest

If you think ANY team in the East has a chance against the West, you're dreaming. This year it'll either be Dallas, Phoenix, or a repeat for the Spurs for the Championship. Of course, since I live in SA, I pick the Spurs to do the repeat!!

crimzy

Originally Posted by rudedog40
If you think ANY team in the East has a chance against the West, you're dreaming. This year it'll either be Dallas, Phoenix, or a repeat for the Spurs for the Championship. Of course, since I live in SA, I pick the Spurs to do the repeat!!

It's hard to argue with the Spurs. I still am not over the 7 game loss by my pistons in the 2005 finals. But San Antonio, being a 1 trick pony, is not in the discussion as the most dominant city in sports.

kjr_trig

Spurs are great, don't get me wrong, but if Amare played in game 5 (the game he was suspended for taking 2 steps off the bench after the cheap shot by Horry on Nash), the Suns would have been the ones sweeping the Cavs, not the Spurs.
Yeah, i'm a little bitter about that one.

bjoe23

All you people gotta get ur facts straight
lets start with this
Revolution are in playoffs, they are a soccer team (im almost 14 so no not a strip club)
Red sox- Honestly guys we all no the national league is minor league to american league ( even yankee fans can say that). So 21 outta 22 is like 6 outta 7 in american league. Congrats. Sox got all the momentum going in and this will be a close series but we will win. And ya im exicited they are in the world series again ( yankees cant say that) im a young sox fan so i think its cool they aregood again in my generation.
Bruins- Ya there doing good
Celtics- Ya they go the big and ya they will be a contender in the east, just wait and see
WNBA- No boston does not have a womens b-ball team
BC Basketball- Last i checked they got the sweet sixteen (maybe further i forget) in the NCAA playoffs (BC basketball is just a nice bonus
BC Hockey- They were ranked 2 in the country last year ( won beanpot)
BC Football- All u haters of BC Football just watch the BC-VT game, they will earn some of ur respect( some of u they will win it all and they never will). And like it or not they are them number 2 team!

Patriots- all of u kno no one can stop them so dont hate appreciate

digitydash

Originally Posted by crimzy
Just so you know, Dwayne Wade is the first human being since the beginning of time to be carried off on a stretcher after a dislocated shoulder. He'd be a good player if he could take off his skirt.

Have you ever had a dislocated shoulder?I have had it about 15 time and 3 surgerys,it is not a pleasant feeling.I poped mine back in myself on the B-Ball court.Did it need a strecher lol NO I don't think so but it the NBA.What does that have to do with being a top tier player anyway?He did opt out of surgery to make a go at the playoffs but was not the same if you ask me.
As for Dallas as long as you have DIRK you will never get the title he a choke artist his stats in the playoffs speak for themself.
Don't under estimate the Rockie team.Ask the yankee 250Mil payroll in 2003 when the got whiped by the Marlins 50Mil payroll.Anything can happen.Do I think it will no I don't but it can happen.

kjr_trig

Arg...I'm arguing with a 14 year old

The point being made is very few care about the NHL (Hockey lovers, don't hate me, just look at the TV ratings)...no one cares about the Revolution (strip club or soccer team)...Less than no one cares about College Hockey...And the ACC is a second tier football conference this year.
That leaves you with an unproven NBA team that is old and injury prone, and who cares if they are contender in the "minor league" Eastern Conference...A Baseball team with 1 World Series in a billion years...And a really good NFL team.

GO BC Hockey!!!!!!

digitydash

Originally Posted by oniel21
He's excited because his Bo Sox are in the world series. Most Boston fans don't know what to do with themselves... they've been so accustomed to losing and now with 1 world series win, and the 3rd world series appereance in the last 80 years, his version on reality is very tainted...

digitydash

Originally Posted by kjr_trig

The point being made is very few care about the NHL (Hockey lovers, don't hate me, just look at the TV ratings)...no one cares about the Revolution (strip club or soccer team)...Less than no one cares about College Hockey...And the Big East is a second tier football conference this year.
That leaves you with an unproven NBA team that is old and injury prone, and who cares if they are contender in the "minor league" Eastern Conference...A Baseball team with 1 World Series in a billion years...And a really good NFL team.

GO BC Hockey!!!!!!

Yup that why Miami & Virgina Tech left the Big East.
Also half the schools in the ncaa don't even have a hockey team thats a northern sport not a southern sport.
Nobody even watches soccer in the US unless it is the world cup.Also hardly any american even play soccer it is a dieing sport if you ask me.

bjoe23

Originally Posted by kjr_trig

The point being made is very few care about the NHL (Hockey lovers, don't hate me, just look at the TV ratings)...no one cares about the Revolution (strip club or soccer team)...Less than no one cares about College Hockey...And the ACC is a second tier football conference this year.

GO BC Hockey!!!!!!

Dont feel bad arguing with a 14 year old, pretend im an adult
Dont like things because i do ur arguing with me (were debating)
I no i dont even really watch hockey but its just another example of the best sports city in american, no in the world! and i have to disagree about soccer, alot of people watch them, mayb no near u because ur team is not good or u dont have a team. And obviouly u dont like in the north (espically east) college hockey is huge

Yup that why Miami & Virgina Tech left the Big East.
Dont forget who we are talking about, BC!
And this is for every1, ur picking little things out abotu every team, but no1 has even an arguement about another dominating city!

A

azul1994

I do agree that BC is slightly overrated but they definetly deserve to be in the top 10 if not 5.
And i don't see how you can say soccer is a dieing sport, maybe its not popular in america, but soccer is the most popular sport in the world.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by azul1994
And i don't see how you can say soccer is a dieing sport, maybe its not popular in america, but soccer is the most popular sport in the world.
Its not dieing...It never was alive here...You could have Miami and St. Louis (NFL) play at 2:00am and it would get 10X higher ratings than anything outside of the World Cup final being televised in prime time. Sorry Soccer people, Nobody cares.
BTW Joe, I was only teasing you about your age. I enjoy debating with anyone about sports or politics, even my 2 year old.

digitydash

Originally Posted by bjoe23
Dont feel bad arguing with a 14 year old, pretend im an adult
Dont like things because i do ur arguing with me (were debating)
I no i dont even really watch hockey but its just another example of the best sports city in american, no in the world! and i have to disagree about soccer, alot of people watch them, mayb no near u because ur team is not good or u dont have a team. And obviouly u dont like in the north (espically east) college hockey is huge
Dont forget who we are talking about, BC!
And this is for every1, ur picking little things out abotu every team, but no1 has even an arguement about another dominating city!

I know who where talking about BC and when the top team used to be their you used to get your A%* handed to you every year.Except the Doud Flutie hail marie

azul1994 Tell me what does the rest of the world have for sports
Nothing thats why is the most popular sport in the world and they kill each other over a soccer game because they live in different countrys.The fans are a bunch of racist also.Great sport I most say

A

azul1994

digitydash,
the rest of the world plays other sports too, latin america, and japan have more players in the mlb, than do americans.
edit: that may be exagerating but you get the point.

wingzfan

Why is everyone knocking college hockey? I watched the playoffs and they were some of the most exiciting hockey I've ever watched. GO MSU!!!

bjoe23

soccer isnt like dead in america
sure its bigger in like brazil but alot not most but ALOT like soccer, sure i and alot of other soccer fans would rather watch football but i would way rather watch revs than phins and rams!

bjoe23

Originally Posted by wingzfan
Why is everyone knocking college hockey? I watched the playoffs and they were some of the most exiciting hockey I've ever watched. GO MSU!!!
i agree!