the start of my 20L adventure lol

mboswell1982

but, i am getting 3 aqua clear 110's tomorrow, so im not too bummed out LOL, now i just gotta figure out how to mount all 3 of em on a 20 long

U

usirchchris

The only thing feasible I can even think is that she is not up to date on her geography, and was a little surprised to see that the distance was some 3,000 miles

mboswell1982

Originally Posted by usirchchris
http:///forum/post/2907237
The only thing feasible I can even think is that she is not up to date on her geography, and was a little surprised to see that the distance was some 3,000 miles

she must of skipped geography in school or something

U

usirchchris

You should reply that you would be glad to throw in a free atlas to sweeten the deal
Make it worth her time.
Or just offer the map to avoid future complications.

mboswell1982

LOL nice one chris, hey, what do u think, think ican fit 3 ac110's on the back an side of a 20 long? lol or will 3 fuges be too much?

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2907254
LOL nice one chris, hey, what do u think, think ican fit 3 ac110's on the back an side of a 20 long? lol or will 3 fuges be too much?

If it can fit...can't have too much filtration. Go for it

mboswell1982

i just figured, since im getting 3 of em, i might as well make use of em, no point in one going to waste, im just gonna have to see if it will fit on the side of the tank, i know i can only put 2 on the back of the tank LOL

U

usirchchris

what kind of footprint do they have? what are you putting in the fuges?

n8ball2013

look them up online it should give you dimensions. also there is a way to check the play sand for aquarium use. Its been awhile since ive seen the topic but you use vinegar and it will bubble if its good. or not good i cant remember. the vinegar reacts with something in the sand. search for it it should help

mboswell1982

well, looks like i crapped out on my luck with that purchase, luckily it was only 3 bucks, so oh well LOL im goin to home depot tomorrow while jess is at work, an im takin a bottle of vinegar with me, an i will find a sand that will work LOL

mboswell1982

ok, so i know some of you want to get an idea as to what our fish stocklist is gonna look like, well, its gonna be like this, an before i take any heat for this, take into account im going to have at least 2 aquaclear 110's on this thing running as fuges, one with rhowapos in it an one with chemi pure in it, plus im going to have a skimmer thats rated for up to 90g on the tank as well. and to top all that off, they're going to be added at one month intervals
2x black & white ocellaris clownfish
1x pink spotted watchman goby
1x multicolor lubbock's wrasse
1x coral beauty angel
all of these will be bought as small as i can find them, i mean, i want the very smallest fish i can get my hands on.
and, to top that off, by the time the tiny coral beauty is added, we'll be cycling a 40g breeder, that will have a 40g sump up under it

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2907584
ok, so i know some of you want to get an idea as to what our fish stocklist is gonna look like, well, its gonna be like this, an before i take any heat for this, take into account im going to have at least 2 aquaclear 110's on this thing running as fuges, one with rhowapos in it an one with chemi pure in it, plus im going to have a skimmer thats rated for up to 90g on the tank as well. and to top all that off, they're going to be added at one month intervals
1x coral beauty angel
all of these will be bought as small as i can find them, i mean, i want the very smallest fish i can get my hands on.
and, to top that off, by the time the tiny coral beauty is added, we'll be cycling a 40g breeder, that will have a 40g sump up under it
Buying the tiniest fish that you can, of the breed that you want, is a very bad idea. Keep in mind that most fish are wild caught. Don't buy babies thinking that you will have time for them to grow. You will end up with not many making it. Buy only fish that are healthy ad eating actively. Don't over stock. This tanks too new. I wouldn't put more than one fish per two months in there. You can get the pair of clowns, then in a few months get the watchman. Or vice versa. That is it for fish in this tank though.

-tara33-

sorry mike, i agree with sep 100% on this 20L is just to small for a short time, i would stick with just the pair of clowns. I have a pair of black occ in a 25 liter tank at work and i would never think about adding anything else especially the coral beauty, they love to graze, its not how much filteration you have its the swimming room and moving the fish out is even more stressfull, its taken you this long to get a tank going after many attemts and saying it's gunna happen soon. maby that will happen with the 40g, hope it dosnt tho. just tying to help sorry if it sounds mean...

cal559

http:///forum/post/2907584
1x coral beauty angel
What if you do...say this:
1x pink spotted watchman goby with pistol shrimp OR DO A SMALLER SHRIMP GOBY...
w/ 2 smaller gobies(pair of neon)

subielover

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2907616
Buying the tiniest fish that you can, of the breed that you want, is a very bad idea. Keep in mind that most fish are wild caught. Don't buy babies thinking that you will have time for them to grow. You will end up with not many making it. Buy only fish that are healthy ad eating actively. Don't over stock. This tanks too new. I wouldn't put more than one fish per two months in there. You can get the pair of clowns, then in a few months get the watchman. Or vice versa. That is it for fish in this tank though.
I agree.
I would at the very minimum exclude the angel.

the808state

i got a pair of osc clownfish, a potter's wrasse, green chromis, and an algae blenny in my 20L.
I would only be worried about the angel fish due to polyp munching, but that is just me.

nwdyr

Hey Mike I found your thread
so......where is the tank!

jk.....do you live in a log cabin? your walls look like a cabin , pretty cool. Anyway sorry to say I also agree that's too many fish , but what do I know
If you like the look of the play sand that's one thing ,but if you are doing it to save money I would wait and buy LS. I always use LS to set up a new tank it just helps cycle allot faster. I set up my new/old 24 with LS some LR from my 75 and 18gal of water from the 75 so I am hoping for no cycle. That is allot of wood you got there! are you building a stand? If so we want lots of pic'!
I will be watching now so you better build FAST b/c I am not a patient man!