the thermos blind trade

isistius

Originally Posted by coraljunky
So, am I the only one to pay shipping twice? Once to maxalmon and once to isistuis?
no. we all are. i will then send you something in return for the thermos, and then ship the thermos to newbostonconstruct. and so on....

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by Isistius
no. we all are. i will then send you something in return for the thermos, and then ship the thermos to newbostonconstruct. and so on....

so would you then send him something in a different thermos??

reefkprz

Originally Posted by coraljunky
So, am I the only one to pay shipping twice? Once to maxalmon and once to isistuis?
Every one ships twice, once to the person who is sending them the thermos, then once to the person they are sending the thermos too. when you send isistius the thermos with a frag in it he's going to send you a frag at the same time, then he's going to ship the thermos out to the next in line.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
so would you then send him something in a different thermos??
doersnt have to be in a thermos, just needs to be properly packaged.insulated foam box, tupperware, bags, you know the usual methods for shipping stuff.

The expination of this whole thing sounds like a story problem from college, but I think I got it now.
I am ready. Who's on first?

saltn00b

basically, your ticket to get the thermos is to send a frag in a proper box to the guy that has it, assuming the guy that has it is the guy in front of you in line. guy in line , receives your frag and sends you the thermos. after you say that you have the thermos, the guy behind you in line takes that as a cue to send you his frag. once you recieve his frag, thats your cue to send the thermos on down the line. and so on and so forth until the circle completes with the thermos ending up at reefkprZ

reefkprz

OK
max to coraljunky
coraljunky to Isistius
Isistius to newBostonConst
NewBostonConst to saltn00b
saltn00b to BadBoyJ
BadBoyJ to ME (reefkprZ).
if everything runs smooth the thermos should come back to me in about a month and a half.
Once you recieve the thermos contact the person your supposed to ship it to and make sure they are ready. if anyone has to back out for any reason just skip to the next person in order. its hard to forsee a month down the road. maxalmon and coraljunky should be swapping shipping information and getting ready to ship relativley soon.
If the thermos is stuck somewhere please let me know, I will figure something out.

beatlesfan

as they get them they should post what they got from the person but not what they send (hence blind trade). just hought that'd help decide what to send if you hear what others have gotten.

reefkprz

good Idea, but that may make people feel pressured to one up the other and thats not a direction I want this to go. its small and for fun. how about, when we are all done we can all post pics once the circle is complete. that way the temptation to one up is removed as its all over.

isistius

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
good Idea, but that may make people feel pressured to one up the other and thats not a direction I want this to go. its small and for fun. how about, when we are all done we can all post pics once the circle is complete. that way the temptation to one up is removed as its all over.
i like it a lot (to quote jim carey in dumb and dumber)

beatlesfan

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
oh good idea I hadn't thoguht of that!

So I have been thinking.
If saltn00b has all Isistius crap and Isistius has all saltn00b crap and I am between them both.
1.I could end up with both of their’s crap.

2.They could end up with still having the same crap if I send them both the same thing from my crap.

3.If I re-gift then they still both have the same crap.

4.Or I could send them each different things and give them something to talk about at Sundays dinner and fix there family relationship problems they are apparently having.

This is cool and is beginning to turn into a soap opera. Fun fun.

isistius

Originally Posted by NewBostonConst
So I have been thinking.
If saltn00b has all Isistius crap and Isistius has all saltn00b crap and I am between them both.
1.I could end up with both of their’s crap.

2.They could end up with still having the same crap if I send them both the same thing from my crap.

3.If I re-gift then they still both have the same crap.

4.Or I could send them each different things and give them something to talk about at Sundays dinner and fix there family relationship problems they are apparently having.

This is cool and is beginning to turn into a soap opera. Fun fun.
hahahahahaha.
maybe we can call it, "the tanks of our lives"?!

saltn00b

LOL!!!
we do have a bit of variety in our tanks, and some things the other doesnt have. i will talk to him to discuss what we are sending. this should work out as long boston doesnt send us frags of the same thing.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by NewBostonConst

I just sprayed half chewed granola all over my desk. then I choked on a piece.