the thermos blind trade

reefkprz

I agree, maybe we should hold off untill the weather warms up (unless the people trading are willing to up their shipping to overnight) voluntarily of course, tghis is suppossed to be fun not a hey lets kill these by sending them second day in cold weather....

isistius

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
how is everyone elses stuff holding up?
well, 1 frag (out of 6) i got from newboston survived. and the one i got from coraljunky survived as well.

reefkprz

he sent 6 frags? wow.
1 out of six isnt a really good ratio. man that bites. Here I was sitting thinking everyones gotten good frags and is having fun instead they are watching corals die.....

badboyj

Originally Posted by saltn00b
i sent badboy my address and he sent me his. then he wanted to know when i was sending. i dont think he gets that i dont send the thermos until i get the frag from him. I told him that in a PM today. i would suggest that he does not send until Jan 2 if he has not sent it yet, to avoid holiday problems.
as for pics .. well , everything i have recieved and sent is dead.
Jan 2nd or 3rd work's for me, or when you want! ...I'll send overnight......any ideas on how to send and in what ......should I do heat pack's?

J

jrthomas40

i thought everyone was shipping overnight??...i thought going out to buy one of those thermos for like 5 bucks or so put some heat packs in the box and send it on its way

reefkprz

we were using USPS priority so it would be a cheap way to swap, the thermos is one thats been through several trades at SWF.com so everyone can autograph it.

J

jrthomas40

yeah but even usps overnight is not that high is it? as long as it doesnt weigh a lot....i have no idea i have only shipped one coral and the water leaked out before it got there and i had to give the guy his money back

It cost around $20+ for 2nd day and $40+ for overnight. Big differnce. Summer would have been alot better, and heat packs are a must. One of the two trades I recieved made it the other was DOA.

isistius

Originally Posted by NewBostonConst
It cost around $20+ for 2nd day and $40+ for overnight. Big differnce. Summer would have been alot better, and heat packs are a must. One of the two trades I recieved made it the other was DOA.
mine or n00b's??

isistius

Originally Posted by NewBostonConst
It was fun and a learning experiance.
that it was. i think we all learned that we shouldn't try this in the winter.....lol

badboyj

badboy - send out on the first monday of the new year - should be the 7th.

ok sounds good.

badboyj

badboy - send out on the first monday of the new year - should be the 7th.
saltnoob........sorry but the best I can do is sat. the 12th because of my hours at work , the post office is closed at the end of my work day , so during the week is not good........I did'nt think about it till today when I was gone to ship out

saltn00b

what do you mean, you are going to ship it saturday??? thats guaranteed an extra day of travel dude, cant you go on your lunch break? thats what i do.... or before work? the office opens pretty early...

badboyj

what do you mean, you are going to ship it saturday??? thats guaranteed an extra day of travel dude, cant you go on your lunch break? thats what i do.... or before work? the office opens pretty early...
If I send overnight will be there on monday ?