This Can't Be-California Democratics Banned It

mantisman51

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/12/6-dead-3-reported-injured-in-los-angeles-hair-salon-shooting/
This is obviously a trick by the NRA and "tobacco chewing rednecks" to embarrass the Democratics. We were promised a safer society if guns were banned in public. Too soon? Am I politicizing a tragedy? Or is this karma and a perfect demonstration of the stupidity of gun control laws? One thing is for sure; the victims were unarmed and helpless thanks to the Democratics.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it#post_3425765
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/12/6-dead-3-reported-injured-in-los-angeles-hair-salon-shooting/
This is obviously a trick by the NRA and "tobacco chewing rednecks" to embarrass the Democratics. We were promised a safer society if guns were banned in public. Too soon? Am I politicizing a tragedy? Or is this karma and a perfect demonstration of the stupidity of gun control laws? One thing is for sure; the victims were unarmed and helpless thanks to the Democratics.
I didn't think a gun nut could get any lower, but you take the cake. Some jealous or whacked out husband gets mad at his wife that works at the place, goes on a shooting rampage, and you have the gall to say it's some NRA-contrived conspiracy to get back at the Governor for tightening the gun laws? Pathetic. Karma? Are you serious? How many frickin' women do you know carry a gun around with them, and into a hair salon? Oh wait, you live Arizona, the sate that still thinks it's the 1800's and Wyatt Earp is still alive and breathing. Shot any innocent Mexicans today? If not, I'm sure you're just waiting for an excuse.

ironeagle2006

Bionic arm you want to talk Stupid Gun control Laws look no Further than IL here our Atty General wanted to RELEASE the names of Everyone in the State that had the State required FOID card and then PUBLISH those names as they were according to HER a PUBLIC record yet on th4e Form you sign it states this record will NOT BE RELEASED to anyone in the Press at anytime. So even the State Police Refused to allow her to do it. One even went so far as saying you publish them and ALL Politicans will loose there IL state POLICE BODYGAURDS. That stopped her in her tracks.
But then again she is a Chicago Democrat where a Citizen of Chicago had to SUE the city to get the RIGHT back to OWN a Firearm for Protection since all weapons were outlawed and only the POutlaws had Guns in Chicago besides the Police and they are about Worthless in Chicago.

mantisman51

You know, it is really quite simple. 1) The law has no effect on gun crime. 2) Only law abiding citizens were disarmed by the law. 3) Therefore there will be more crime. 4) The liberals will scream for more gun control. Jerry Brown and the dummiecrats know this-they don't care how many people are killed because of this law-it is a means to an end. They have already planned for the next phase of gun control after this new law does nothing to stop crime. Unarmed and helpless victims-that is what California dummiecrats want, so they can get more control in the name of crime prevention. It is the playbook all liberals in every European country have used and any honest person-right or left-knows what they are doing.

stdreb27

Bionic making up stories again?
The dang funny thing it, it isn't low for gun control kooks to use mass murders like Columbine, or AZ for their political hay.

mantisman51

The day after the law goes into effect, the ridiculous uselessness of the law is demonstrated. I guess there should now be a 10 day waiting period on pointing out how ineffective retarded liberal laws are? (the law was being referred to as retarded-not liberals)

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it#post_3426310
The day after the law goes into effect, the ridiculous uselessness of the law is demonstrated. I guess there should now be a 10 day waiting period on pointing out how ineffective retarded liberal laws are? (the law was being referred to as retarded-not liberals)
The guy had a vendetta against his ex-wife over custody of his kid. He walked into that salon with three weapons and a bullet-proof vest on. He went "postal" and shot anyone who was in his line of sight. After he was done in the salon, he popped a guy sitting in his car "just because". Please tell me how this scenario could've been prevented by some NRA gun packin' toter. Even if a Sarah Palin wannabe had her snubnose in her purse, she'd been dead before she could even dig it out. If someone on the street saw the incident and was packin', their normal response would be to go for a torso shot. Say what? He didn't go down? Oops, didn't know about the vest. Oh crap, he's now shooting at me!!! RUUUUNNNN!

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it#post_3426296
You know, it is really quite simple. 1) The law has no effect on gun crime. 2) Only law abiding citizens were disarmed by the law. 3) Therefore there will be more crime. 4) The liberals will scream for more gun control. Jerry Brown and the dummiecrats know this-they don't care how many people are killed because of this law-it is a means to an end. They have already planned for the next phase of gun control after this new law does nothing to stop crime. Unarmed and helpless victims-that is what California dummiecrats want, so they can get more control in the name of crime prevention. It is the playbook all liberals in every European country have used and any honest person-right or left-knows what they are doing.
Show the statistics of how gun crime has been significantly reduced in Arizona and Texas where you have open carry and concealed cary gun laws. If I use your logic, the simpletons in our states should have nothing to fear about random gun attacks, because we have the security of knowing there may be someone packin' in the general vacinty to come to my aide.

stdreb27

once again, texas DOESN'T allow open carry...
2, if you hit someone with a 45, he's going down, bullet proof vest or not...

mantisman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it#post_3426536
once again, texas DOESN'T allow open carry...
2, if you hit someone with a 45, he's going down, bullet proof vest or not...
Oh !@#* yeah! Go to YouTube and look up being shot with a vest on. A 9mm at 30 feet can still stop your heart. A .45 at 30 feet would be like getting hit with a sledgehammer. Seriously, a .45 at less than 200 feet loses none of it's velocity. I saw a Cops episode from like 2000 and a cop got shot with a .45 in the lower right portion of his chest-the bullet was stopped by the very last layer and the officer had 3 completely shattered ribs. They thought he was going to die.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it#post_3426527
The guy had a vendetta against his ex-wife over custody of his kid. He walked into that salon with three weapons and a bullet-proof vest on. He went "postal" and shot anyone who was in his line of sight. After he was done in the salon, he popped a guy sitting in his car "just because". Please tell me how this scenario could've been prevented by some NRA gun packin' toter. Even if a Sarah Palin wannabe had her snubnose in her purse, she'd been dead before she could even dig it out. If someone on the street saw the incident and was packin', their normal response would be to go for a torso shot. Say what? He didn't go down? Oops, didn't know about the vest. Oh crap, he's now shooting at me!!! RUUUUNNNN!
Sorry, couldn't resist
You ever been shot wearing a vest? There was a rather famous shoot out in North Hollywood years ago where the cops decided their AR15's 223 didn't have enough take down power against someone wearing a vest. Reality was they had never hit them.
Here's what a 9mm can do to a vest. Note the hold my beer and watch this moment

ironeagle2006

The Best way to take down anyone is 3 shots 2 to the CHest and to MAKE SURE THAT THE SOB is DOWN is one to the HEAD. Take out the Idiots BRAIN and nothing matters.

darthtang aw

with an armed cc citzen in the salon......there is still the chance. your view completely removes this chance. and gives the victim no option and an inevitable conclusion to the situation.
i wonder ...when cassie was asked if she believed in god before that criminal shot her......i wonder if she wished their were option before she told him yes.
darth (i like options) Tang

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it#post_3426590
with an armed cc citzen in the salon......there is still the chance. your view completely removes this chance. and gives the victim no option and an inevitable conclusion to the situation.
i wonder ...when cassie was asked if she believed in god before that criminal shot her......i wonder if she wished their were option before she told him yes.
darth (i like options) Tang
In a surprise situation like this, there wouldn't be a chance. Your first instinct is to run and cover. By the time you get your head striaght over the breavity of the situation, it's already over or you're dead. No amount of firearm training can prepare you for a situation like this. Even the professionals who've worked in the police force and military say there's still that moment of hesitation that puts you in danger of losing your life.

darthtang aw

so you are saying even the police could not take out this guy. the bullet proof vest made him invincible. n o gun could stop him.
the bullet wouldnt knock him down? it wouldnt take the wind out of him?
darth (are you that ignorant) Tang

mantisman51

I am glad, even though I can only read the quoted replies, that the conversation has turned this direction. Bionic is not posting outrageous ultra-left rhetoric. He is presenting the gun control side well. And it couldn't be more obvious that gun controllers want unarmed victims. Their biggest fear is not the criminals who have, and will always have guns. It is law abiding citizens having guns to defend against the criminals. If I were in that salon and a madman came in shooting, would I rather sit and wait for my turn to die or would I rather have at least the slimmest chance to go home to my family? The left says wait your turn to die and let the cops clean up afterwards. That makes no sense to me in any way.

mantisman51

Oh yeah, and the Police Chiefs Association of California says let 'em die as well. Every right-thinking Californian needs to stop supporting that anti-Constitutional organization immediately.

reefraff

Even a 9mm will get your attention as the video shows and 45 will knock you down. Even assuming the guy was wearing a high end vest which is highly doubtful they aren't all that effective if you aren't shooting directly at them from the front.
Of course a 12 gauge shotgun with a slug or 00 buck shot close in will hit you with about as much energy as a 16 ounce beer can full of wet sand going 90 miles an hour, that would be annoying vest or not :)