This Can't Be-California Democratics Banned It

darthtang aw

Also, you have to be 21 y/o+ to carry concealed.
*gasp*
facts dont hinder bionic.
i may not be a smart man, but I know what the law states.
darth (forrest) Tang

reefraff

Facts are like a box of Choco-lates, If you leave them in the sun you can make them look however you want
Reef(I've met Lt Dan)Raff

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/20#post_3427427
most 20 year olds that LEGALLY own a gun have been raised around them, i am sure they know how to load it already. dude seriously..........your out of this world extreme examples are ridiculous.
darth (there is a reason you arent a cop) Tang
Do you and your sidekick mantis know how to read a sentence? Do you realize there are MILLIONS of kids in their late teens that have NEVER picked a up firearm in their life? I'm talking about those individuals. I'm saying that any person 21 YEARS OLD OR OLDER, DEPENDING ON STATE REGULATIONS (had to capitalize it so mantis can read it properly) can walk into a gun shop and purchase a gun anytime they choose, with absolutely NO KNOWLEDGE OR TRAINING of said weapon. There's no test, there's no requirements except age, whether you have a felony record, and whatever other requirements are stated for their specific state. SOOOO, if a kid who turns 21 on his/her birthday wants to buy a weapon "just because", THEY CAN.
"They said that it was a million dollar wound, but the government must keep that money 'cause I still haven't seen a nickel of that million dollars."
Bionic (some people need to go back to English 101) Arm

darthtang aw

Do you and your sidekick mantis know how to read a sentence?  Do you realize there are MILLIONS of kids in their late teens that have NEVER picked a up firearm in their life?  I'm talking about those individuals.  I'm saying that any person 21 YEARS OLD OR OLDER, DEPENDING ON STATE REGULATIONS (had to capitalize it so mantis can read it properly) can walk into a gun shop and purchase a gun anytime they choose, with absolutely NO KNOWLEDGE OR TRAINING of said weapon.  There's no test, there's no requirements except age, whether you have a felony record, and whatever other requirements are stated for their specific state.  SOOOO, if a kid who turns 21 on his/her birthday wants to buy a weapon "just because", THEY CAN.

"They said that it was a million dollar wound, but the government must keep that money 'cause I still haven't seen a nickel of that million dollars."

Bionic (some people need to go back to English 101) Arm

more people have been killed by alcohol in this country in one year than all the gun crime combined for the last decade. yet you complain about that "right" being taken from you in dry counties.
darth (english done poorly to irritate) Tang

reefraff

The first amendment leads to more deaths in this country than the second. Wanna ban free speech too?

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/40#post_3427631
more people have been killed by alcohol in this country in one year than all the gun crime combined for the last decade. yet you complain about that "right" being taken from you in dry counties.
darth (english done poorly to irritate) Tang
Good comeback from getting "corrected". Are you counting the multitude of gun crimes that are never reported? Next you'll be using the baseball bat, stick, golf club, and whatever other "weapon" kills more people than guns.
I guess you missed my statement that I don't believe a person should be denied the access or ability to purchase a weapon for sport or personal protection. HOWEVER, I think anyone buying one should be properly trained before being allowed to purchase that gun. Let's use your car analogy. Are you OK with allowing some 18 year old kid to just walk into a DMV and get a drivers license without ever being behind the wheel of a car one time? Get a license, take the bus to the corner car lot, buy a car, get the keys and take off! Would you want these type of drivers tooling around your neighborhood where your kids or grandkids may be playing in their own yards? How about driving down a highway at 70 with these guys?
Bionic (I can use an analogy to justify my position) Arm

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/40#post_3427637
Good comeback from getting "corrected". Are you counting the multitude of gun crimes that are never reported? Next you'll be using the baseball bat, stick, golf club, and whatever other "weapon" kills more people than guns.
I guess you missed my statement that I don't believe a person should be denied the access or ability to purchase a weapon for sport or personal protection. HOWEVER, I think anyone buying one should be properly trained before being allowed to purchase that gun. Let's use your car analogy. Are you OK with allowing some 18 year old kid to just walk into a DMV and get a drivers license without ever being behind the wheel of a car one time? Get a license, take the bus to the corner car lot, buy a car, get the keys and take off! Would you want these type of drivers tooling around your neighborhood where your kids or grandkids may be playing in their own yards? How about driving down a highway at 70 with these guys?
Bionic (I can use an analogy to justify my position) Arm
ummm, you can go in a buy a car...

mantisman51

Well, back to the OP: The people who were killed could not have defended themselves thanks to a law that banned them from having a firearm to protect themselves. The political party that rammed the law through was the Democratics :) . Those are FACTS.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/40#post_3427702
Or to be more succinct: The Democratics made sure the loon had unarmed and helpless victims. FACT!
FACT: Your Republicants ran the state for years, and there were gun bans then. What's your excuse for that?
FACT: No lax gun laws put in place in California would've avoided this carnage. Every person in that beauty salon could've been "packin;", and you would've gotten the same result. The same peiople would've been dead, and maybe more. He missed some when they did a "duck and cover", but if he'd see ANYONE start to pull something out of their purse or from under their clothes, he would've shot them before they had a chance to do anything. THAT'S REALITY. If you'd been in the salon, I GUARANTEE we'd be reading about you in the Obit section of the paper the next day. That's what you can't get through that thick skull of yours. THERE WAS NO TIME FOR ANYONE TO REACT. Somebody could've had a weapon in their lap, and he would've targeted them first the moment he walked into the door. Unless you're some kind of psychic, or have extensive police training that you could detect a nutbag about to walk in and start shooting by seeing his motions and reactions from a couple hundred feet away, you would've have never imagined the guy would walk into a hair salon in broad daylight, pull out two weapons, and start firing at anything that moved. I don't care how long you've owned a gun. IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN.

mantisman51

I get why you are passionate about gun control, Bionic. Too many guns in the hands of lunatics. We can agree on that? My contention is that by banning guns, the only people affected are people who wouldn't use them illegally anyway-as this incident demonstrated the day after the law went into effect. Might I be dead? Maybe, but I think we all, as Americans, have the God-given right to at least be able to try to protect ourselves. Gun laws only affect those of us who won't use our guns illegally anyway. Criminals who commit murder aren't going to care if there is a law saying they can't use a gun to commit that murder.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/40#post_3427728
FACT: Your Republicants ran the state for years, and there were gun bans then. What's your excuse for that?
FACT: No lax gun laws put in place in California would've avoided this carnage. Every person in that beauty salon could've been "packin;", and you would've gotten the same result. The same peiople would've been dead, and maybe more. He missed some when they did a "duck and cover", but if he'd see ANYONE start to pull something out of their purse or from under their clothes, he would've shot them before they had a chance to do anything. THAT'S REALITY. If you'd been in the salon, I GUARANTEE we'd be reading about you in the Obit section of the paper the next day. That's what you can't get through that thick skull of yours. THERE WAS NO TIME FOR ANYONE TO REACT. Somebody could've had a weapon in their lap, and he would've targeted them first the moment he walked into the door. Unless you're some kind of psychic, or have extensive police training that you could detect a nutbag about to walk in and start shooting by seeing his motions and reactions from a couple hundred feet away, you would've have never imagined the guy would walk into a hair salon in broad daylight, pull out two weapons, and start firing at anything that moved. I don't care how long you've owned a gun. IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN.
Fact: The Republicans haven't ran that state for decades. They held control of the house from 95 to 96 for the first time in 25 years and haven't held it since. I don't know when they last controlled the senate but in that state the governor can't wipe his butt without legislative approval. Even if Awnowld had been a conservative he couldn't have changed gun laws.
Fact: Someone in the salon with a pellet gun could have shot the guy in the eye and ended the whole situation so your assertion is absurd. What if the salon owner had a shotgun which is a fairly common home and business defense weapon. A shot to the upper torso from more than 10 feet away likely would have resulted in injuries to the face that would have ended the ordeal . What if someone had opened up on him with a 9mm? Would he had stood his ground?
All that can intelligently be stated as fact is being unarmed meant there was no chance these people could defend themselves.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/40#post_3427743
Fact: The Republicans haven't ran that state for decades. They held control of the house from 95 to 96 for the first time in 25 years and haven't held it since. I don't know when they last controlled the senate but in that state the governor can't wipe his butt without legislative approval. Even if Awnowld had been a conservative he couldn't have changed gun laws.
Fact: Someone in the salon with a pellet gun could have shot the guy in the eye and ended the whole situation so your assertion is absurd. What if the salon owner had a shotgun which is a fairly common home and business defense weapon. A shot to the upper torso from more than 10 feet away likely would have resulted in injuries to the face that would have ended the ordeal . What if someone had opened up on him with a 9mm? Would he had stood his ground?
All that can intelligently be stated as fact is being unarmed meant there was no chance these people could defend themselves.
What's absurd is your assertion that someone having a gun even in arm's length would have the capability of grabbing that gun and getting even a shot in the general direction of an indivual that walks in, weapons drawn, and shooting anything that moved within that 10 foot radius you speak. If the guy would've walked in, hestiated for even 5 minutes, MAYBE you'd have a chance to draw and fire. But those odds would be atronomical. You'd either have to be walking around with the gun on your side, or be standing in the exact location of the gun when the guy walked in. Sorry to say, but if I walked into an establishment and saw a bunch of peoiple walking around with guns on their side, my first thought would be, "This must be a REAL dangerous area, or this place has been robbed or attacked multiple times." I'd turn around and walk out.
Me, my wife, and a few other couples play Texas Hold 'Em Poker at these various local bars and restaurants during the week. There's this one establishment we go to every Saturday to play that's a pretty nice place, and the crowd is well mannered for the most part. The other night, one of my buddies IMed me with, "Guess we won't be going to Hot Tin Roof on Saturday's any longer. Some guy got into a fight there tonight, and he pulled out a gun and started shooting, hitting two people."
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Two-people-shot-when-patron-pulls-a-gun-at-bar/-cDvTZ2fo0G1JNfvPzUA8g.cspx

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/40#post_3427733
I get why you are passionate about gun control, Bionic. Too many guns in the hands of lunatics. We can agree on that? My contention is that by banning guns, the only people affected are people who wouldn't use them illegally anyway-as this incident demonstrated the day after the law went into effect. Might I be dead? Maybe, but I think we all, as Americans, have the God-given right to at least be able to try to protect ourselves. Gun laws only affect those of us who won't use our guns illegally anyway. Criminals who commit murder aren't going to care if there is a law saying they can't use a gun to commit that murder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/40#post_3427775
What's absurd is your assertion that someone having a gun even in arm's length would have the capability of grabbing that gun and getting even a shot in the general direction of an indivual that walks in, weapons drawn, and shooting anything that moved within that 10 foot radius you speak. If the guy would've walked in, hestiated for even 5 minutes, MAYBE you'd have a chance to draw and fire. But those odds would be atronomical. You'd either have to be walking around with the gun on your side, or be standing in the exact location of the gun when the guy walked in. Sorry to say, but if I walked into an establishment and saw a bunch of peoiple walking around with guns on their side, my first thought would be, "This must be a REAL dangerous area, or this place has been robbed or attacked multiple times." I'd turn around and walk out.
Me, my wife, and a few other couples play Texas Hold 'Em Poker at these various local bars and restaurants during the week. There's this one establishment we go to every Saturday to play that's a pretty nice place, and the crowd is well mannered for the most part. The other night, one of my buddies IMed me with, "Guess we won't be going to Hot Tin Roof on Saturday's any longer. Some guy got into a fight there tonight, and he pulled out a gun and started shooting, hitting two people."
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Two-people-shot-when-patron-pulls-a-gun-at-bar/-cDvTZ2fo0G1JNfvPzUA8g.cspx
Like I said, the only thing that is certain is with no gun those people were sitting ducks with no chance of defending themselves.
As far as you watering hole shooting if there had been people sitting around with guns in plain sight when he pulled his perhaps someone would have taken him out preventing the two bystanders from being shot by him. Another case of unarmed people being unable to defend themselves.
Not that I think anyone should be allowed to have a gun in a bar, other than the bartender.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/40#post_3427781
Like I said, the only thing that is certain is with no gun those people were sitting ducks with no chance of defending themselves.
As far as you watering hole shooting if there had been people sitting around with guns in plain sight when he pulled his perhaps someone would have taken him out preventing the two bystanders from being shot by him. Another case of unarmed people being unable to defend themselves.
Not that I think anyone should be allowed to have a gun in a bar, other than the bartender.
Oh yeah, Guns and Alcohol. And NRA gun toter's dream. I see visions of that World' Stupidist Whatever Show.

Dont know any state that allowed a weapon in an establishment that sells alcohol. Oh wait, don't tell me. Arizona. Where Men Are Men, and Sheep Are Nervous.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/388457/this-cant-be-california-democratics-banned-it/40#post_3427792
Oh yeah, Guns and Alcohol. And NRA gun toter's dream. I see visions of that World' Stupidist Whatever Show.

Dont know any state that allowed a weapon in an establishment that sells alcohol. Oh wait, don't tell me. Arizona. Where Men Are Men, and Sheep Are Nervous.
You even seen any NRA gun safety material? Obviously not.
Tennessee Georgia and Virgina also allow concealed carry in bars.