thoughts on other life..

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
You guys have been playing way too many video games. :hilarious j/k
what r u talking about? theres no suc thing as to many

clown boy

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
what r u talking about? theres no suc thing as to many
I was just joking around with the fact that if in all of your life you never watched a single movie or played a single video game, you probably would of not thought things like the thought that made you start this thread. :thinking:
Like I said, I was just playing. I'm not saying that you've done anything wrong.

sharkboy13

bzzz 4 day resurrection. ok new theory what if the new life forms or w/e r hostile, all wars will have to end becuz we'll have another enemy far greater than us, we'll have to make like a UNSC or something

rykna

I still think the cartoon Calvin and Hobbes answer this question quite eliquently....Calvin and Hobbes are discussing the same question....after several minutes of discussion Calvin comes to the conclusion that the best sign that intelligent life existist elsewhere is that none of it has every tried to contact us!!!!!!!!!!!

sharkboy13

hmm while i no calvin does so well in school ill present another idea, if they do breathe oxygen it wouldnt be extremely hard to make, if they have plant life there then it would mean that they would prolly have oxygen or chilled methane.

37g joe

theres thousands of different coral in the deep sea, where there is no light...discovery channel doesnt lie
[/QUOTE]

Not the type of corals seen today

flower

I say maybe, most likely. However, I don't think we have finished exploring our own planet yet, billions of dollars spent on a space program all for nothing, and the ocean stays a mystery...and for what it's worth, I don't want to waste money to find out about other planets. Maybe if we figure out how to play nice with our fellow human beings, we can reach out to other worlds...otherwise when we meet them, they will think there is no intelligent life on this planet. If they meet our leaders first...they will be convinced of that for sure.

I don't think our creation is random, and no other planet, if it has life, would be random either. As a very religious person, I can say with all honesty that I do not fear science at all... They can only prove what God has already done. All he has to do is say the word, and life will happen just the way he wants it to.

geridoc

Originally Posted by Beth
It does not take much for life to get going, since life itself comes from the stars that make up the known universe. Now, if you are going to stick to fundamental religious beliefs, this may not be the best topic for you.
Not at all my friend.. just the opposite. To me the study of life is the core of fundamental religion. No, the fundamental religions study God, not life.
You say it doesn't take much for life to begin, yet we've never seen it? How is that possible? Easy. If life occurs every 3-4 billion years, and we have been here for only 50,000 years, and keeping written records for only about 5,000 of those years, statistically we might not see life originate for another 3 billion plus years.
Don't get me wrong, I don't take Genesis as literal, but everyday I learn more about Biology the more I'm convinced it wasn't random. Then you had better learn a lot more biology.