Tiffany's 400G build thread

tangs rule

Very nice! Welcome to the 400+ club! Don't hesitate to ask for ideas on pumps/plumbing/etc. Get ready to spend bookoo$$$$

I remember when mine was empty and in the back of the pickup........God I;d NOT want to go thru that again......but it was fun at the time!

kilofey

Beautiful stand :) was it a "screamin deal, hafta have it" situation or did u ponder over it for a while & decide to dive in? Congrats btw!

1guydude

Sooooo jealous!!!!!!!!! Congrats tiff!
+1 on the build thread and is this gonna be another FOWLR tank?

tiffanyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangs rule http:///t/388213/out-with-the-old-155-gallon-and-in-with-the-new-monster#post_3422168
Very nice! Welcome to the 400+ club! Don't hesitate to ask for ideas on pumps/plumbing/etc. Get ready to spend bookoo$$$$

I remember when mine was empty and in the back of the pickup........God I;d NOT want to go thru that again......but it was fun at the time!
SOOO new tank won't fit through any of my doors. I'm going to have to do what you did and take the slider glass doors off. UGH

1guydude

LMAO

sounds like a headache...sry! U could cut a hole in the roof and get a crane...if need be! LOL

tangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffanyk http:///t/388213/out-with-the-old-155-gallon-and-in-with-the-new-monster#post_3423103
SOOO new tank won't fit through any of my doors. I'm going to have to do what you did and take the slider glass doors off. UGH
LOL - I can have my door paynes off/out in under 90 seconds these days!
There's a WHOLE lot more landmines out there than that!!! My most difficult thing was getting an empty 1200 pound glass tank lifted up so where it'd slide over on the stand. Took some real shade tree engineering to clear that hurdle!! The thing better be going on a slab foundation too - not pier&beam unless it's beefed up - cause full, your system will weigh from 6500-7000 pounds....And don't forget to fill it with tapwater and leak check it good - like a couple days worth...any large tank - once set up in a "new" place may develop a leak once filled up,,,,,and ANY leak with that much water can be a REAL problem - like flood the whole house problem....
Am SOO following along - just to see how a REAL pro does it!

tiffanyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangs rule http:///t/388213/out-with-the-old-155-gallon-and-in-with-the-new-monster#post_3423151
LOL - I can have my door paynes off/out in under 90 seconds these days!
There's a WHOLE lot more landmines out there than that!!! My most difficult thing was getting an empty 1200 pound glass tank lifted up so where it'd slide over on the stand. Took some real shade tree engineering to clear that hurdle!! The thing better be going on a slab foundation too - not pier&beam unless it's beefed up - cause full, your system will weigh from 6500-7000 pounds....And don't forget to fill it with tapwater and leak check it good - like a couple days worth...any large tank - once set up in a "new" place may develop a leak once filled up,,,,,and ANY leak with that much water can be a REAL problem - like flood the whole house problem....
Am SOO following along - just to see how a REAL pro does it!

wait wait wait a second here!!! You're telling me this wont work in my third level apartment building?

tiffanyk

haha im just messing with ya Tangs Rule...Still waiting on these stupid people to deliver my tank. "You have a widow from 11-12pm". Its frigging 3 pm and still waiting.

tangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffanyk http:///t/388213/out-with-the-old-155-gallon-and-in-with-the-new-monster#post_3423438
wait wait wait a second here!!! You're telling me this wont work in my third level apartment building?

It'll work fine till ya begin filling it
Then, you're gonna meet several neighbors - some of whom may be a little mad
Are you having someone deliver it and get it into the house? If so - can they level it? or do you know the spot where it's going is level alraedy?