To all Trigger lovers

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by Triggered
How is it you have no coraline algae after two years? Our tank is covered with it?
Later...........C
i have a uv sterilizer. it kills all of that. if you dont have one you should get one.

bigman

i have a question i have had this 10inch pp, puffer and he is not eating to my knowledge i have had him 4 2 weeks the first 3days he was up and swimming now he is hiding in the rocks and not coming out there is no fish in there thats picks on him, I have tryed all kinds of food and no luck lately, Ive done krill, shrimp, squid,silversides, live ghost shrimp, live gold fish, and also soak food in garlic. Any suggestions? he looks good though no signs of stress. he just stays in the rocks moving from side to side.

bigman

hey guys im back!
just to update the pp puffer is doing well and he is even getting bigger than before.

ccampbell57

I have been reading through this thread and am curious as to the outcome almost 8 months later.
Are the triggers still alive? Has the 500+ gallon trigger only tank been set up?
I need pictures?

sk8shorty01

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
I have been reading through this thread and am curious as to the outcome almost 8 months later.
Are the triggers still alive? Has the 500+ gallon trigger only tank been set up?
I need pictures?

I agree, its been a while without any updates, I saw multiple posts saying that it would be brought back to our attention when these tanks still were doing fine in six months. I was hoping for some updates as well...

jc74

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
well clown, undy, blueline or queen will kill absolutely evrything soon
I disagree about clown triggers. I've had three in the past, two raised from juvi to adult, and they never killed anything. They wouldn't even eat live feeder fish.
I kept them with perculas, angels, wrasses, etc. My clown triggers never even nipped at their fins.

jc74

Originally Posted by BIGMAN
sorry if i sound so stubburen but ive done this succesfully before, and im talking from experience not out of my butt,there are always people saying things wont wk but they turn out to in most cases, for example me and my fresh water i had red devils oscer, paronas and pacus and other agressive fish for over 8 years and i can keep going on and on i also have 5 pitbulls and 3 chiuahuas and 2 mastifs and i was told that it cold not happen and they all get along and none are fixed i have had them for the past 3 years as well.
If they didn't kill each other right off the bat, I doubt they would do it "eventually". None of mine ever did. They just got more docile with age.
The only one I'd be kind of worried about is the undulated. My brother had one and it didn't tolerate any other fish, but it was like that as soon as he put it in the tank. It dragged the dogface puffer around the tank by his head a few times before he was removed.

Originally Posted by jc74
I disagree about clown triggers. I've had three in the past, two raised from juvi to adult, and they never killed anything. They wouldn't even eat live feeder fish.
I kept them with perculas, angels, wrasses, etc. My clown triggers never even nipped at their fins.
I'm pretty sure I posted in these very forums about a year ago my story. Had a clown trigger, a flagfin angel, a lunare wrasse, and a snowflake moray in my 90. I came home to only the engorged clown trigger. There was fish shrapnel and half an eel draped all over the live rock. My first thought was vandalizm they were destroyed so! The wrasse was alive but had burrowed into a hole in the rock and it's caudal fin was chewed off. They'd all peacefully lived together for almost two years when that happened. And there was NO sign of aggression or a potential problem. That clown trigger just went berzerk. Not saying it's gonna happen to anyone else, but I can state 1st hand that it DOES happen.

sigeia

yeah its posible but thats what i like , i have a big tank plus i feed them very well, but i ve seen it done succefully, my friend has them all in a 135gallon. mines is 350
Queen-triggerfish
will need at least a 500-gallon aquarium. The queen will most likely kill all the triggers in your tank.

ace223

Originally Posted by fastazzr1
picked up the new trigger tank today......
...tell me what you think.

how big is this tank and what are the dememtions?

sk8shorty01

Well, it doesnt look like the 2 that said they had these trigger tanks are coming back (suprising considering there was never pictures of the tanks). I would imagine this was just to get everyone going, who knows...

ufo8micats

i had an undy for 3 years, she killed anything that touched the water. also it hurts when they bite.
the undy will win.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by socal57che
Looks like failure.
see thread: https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/287332/300g-salt-or-freshwater-setup-for-sale
HAHAHA!!! I figured as much. I had a feeling that these guys were either lying or it wasn't going to go as smoothly as originally thought.
Plus, in the original post of this thread, he said that he had a 350 gallon tank. And if I am not incorrect, he said that he had a HUGE list of triggers??? In the classified add, he says that he only has one trigger.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...IDIOT!

ccampbell57

Bigman's Original Stock List:
1. Clown
2. undulated
3. blue jaw
4. blue line
5. hawaiin black
6. queen
7. Sagassum
8. six line
9. Stars and strips puffer
10. Red tooth Niger
11. Humu humu
BigMan's Fish as of 9/26/07
Eel
Trigger
Puffer
Grouper
DOESNT ADD UP

sk8shorty01

Well, thats what we all figured was going to happen. Its funny how much people say they will come back and rub something in your face when it works and your wrong, but then they just kind of disappear off of the face of the earth. I truely believed he was going to come back and announce his findings too (haha). Oh well, I guess the silence says it all.

bigman

Ok to all who know or think they know what has happened to me/ My tank your wrong . !!!! LOL , I had a serious injury to both knees /legs and was unable to attened to the Aquarium and upon returning hm from the hospital after being in there a month or so i moved to a new location and have sold the aquarium and fish that were in there. But i am happy to say that all who said it could not happen were wrong there are tons of pics of Both mine and Fast Azz r1's Aquariums, His is actually doing well plus. The fish that i sold with the tank were slightly different from my fish privious stocking list because i gave there was no way i was going to sale the Triggers at that size with the aquarium for that price .So some of triggers were given to a close friends plus some back to my to my LFS for his disply tank.If you still wanna see pics of mine or fast Azz r1's tanks just check under pictures or check all my post. I see that you fish Gods are wrong once again.!!!!
If i could stand on my own and walk without help i would still have my aqurium the way it once was. But just to prove you Fish Gods wrong again Look at fast azz R1's pics the proof is in the pudding. Or should i say in his tank lol
. I Wish you all a happy turkey day and a merry X mas.

kjr_trig

Ok to all who know or think they know what has happened to me/ My tank your wrong . !!!! LOL , I had a serious injury to both knees /legs and was unable to attened to the Aquarium and upon returning hm from the hospital after being in there a month or so i moved to a new location and have sold the aquarium and fish that were in there. But i am happy to say that all who said it could not happen were wrong there are tons of pics of Both mine and Fast Azz r1's Aquariums, His is actually doing well plus. The fish that i sold with the tank were slightly different from my fish privious stocking list because i gave there was no way i was going to sale the Triggers at that size with the aquarium for that price .So some of triggers were given to a close friends plus some back to my to my LFS for his disply tank.If you still wanna see pics of mine or fast Azz r1's tanks just check under pictures or check all my post. I see that you fish Gods are wrong once again.!!!!
If i could stand on my own and walk without help i would still have my aqurium the way it once was. But just to prove you Fish Gods wrong again Look at fast azz R1's pics the proof is in the pudding. Or should i say in his tank lol
. I Wish you all a happy turkey day and a merry X mas.
Well, I hope you're legs are getting better, however Fast Azzr1's disappeared off the boards just as you did, I figured it was because his tank had issues....You didn't really prove anything, your tank was not up long enough to prove long term how that many aggressive triggers do together....Again, hope your legs are getting better.....The Fish Gods

truefishman

do you have tank dividers because it gonna be a warzone in the tank because you should have tank dividers when neccessary expecilly in your tank because the teams are gonna be the........
clown,undulate,blue-lined,queen VS blue jaw,hawaiian black,sarrgassum,red-toothed niger,and possibly the HumaHuma
still undecided.
Goodluck-their is probably going to be a war zone in the tank