To all Trigger lovers

bigman

sorry if you did not understand what i was saying, but i have them in a 350g and i dont have any tangs. but as far as it being the food chain i was stating that i have them as pets and as long as i have them i will care for them the best i can and getting rid of them is not a option unless they become a threat to one another and so far that has not happened. when it does i have many other options and other tanks to put them in. i know the chances of them fighting are high but i try to minimize the hazard by feeding heavy and having rock for them to live and hide in. Some people freak out but ive seen many tanks with fish that are not recommened to live with eachother that do well. i have had many tanks with fish that are not recommened but its all up to the fish or animal and there temperment.

bigman

sorry if i sound so stubburen but ive done this succesfully before, and im talking from experience not out of my butt,there are always people saying things wont wk but they turn out to in most cases, for example me and my fresh water i had red devils oscer, paronas and pacus and other agressive fish for over 8 years and i can keep going on and on i also have 5 pitbulls and 3 chiuahuas and 2 mastifs and i was told that it cold not happen and they all get along and none are fixed i have had them for the past 3 years as well.

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by seannmelly
im just glad you dont have those all in a 60 gallon, i thought i saw that.
what would happen if he did have all thes in a 60g tank?

seannmelly

Originally Posted by fastazzr1
what would happen if he did have all thes in a 60g tank?

he would probably only have 1 trigger left. the most aggresive 1 might kill the others

sharkboy13

he would probably only have 1 trigger left. the most aggresive 1 might kill the others
then the ammonia spike would kill it

fastazzr1

so if that doesnt happen what does that mean?

sharkboy13

so if that doesnt happen what does that mean?
its nearly impossible it wont happen, the tank would be so small w/ so many extremely aggressive triggers. if that doesnt happen u have a tank thats one in a billion

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
its nearly impossible it wont happen, the tank would be so small w/ so many extremely aggressive triggers. if that doesnt happen u have a tank thats one in a billion
how long before this happens?

S

surfinusa

how long before this happens?
quickliy usually in a year or so

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by surfinusa
quickliy usually in a year or so
i've had these for over a year and a half now. why arent they killing each other?

johnbob

i've had these for over a year and a half now. why arent they killing each other?

Could depend on the size of them. But as they get bigger so will there territories on soon all hell will break lose and you will be left with one fish.

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by Johnbob
Could depend on the size of them. But as they get bigger so will there territories on soon all hell will break lose and you will be left with one fish.
there all about five to 6 inches long right now. but you guys are very negative when it comes to triggers.

titan

Somewhere in the 4-6" range aggression will start to rear it's ugly head; especially with Triggers at the top of the pecking order. You'd need a tank so big it's a joke to house those fish 10+ years. Even then.....

kempy

Quick thought,
I just entered this hobby but one thing that became abundantly clear right away was that each marine fish has a personality, maybe not an advanced one, buy it's there none the less. Being as such I think there's really no absolute way of knowing what's going to eat what and what's going to get along with what. Yes we can give statistically based bets but no "yes" or "no" answer. Try new things within the hobby and learn based on the results. All this 'bashing' of what's right and wrong that I read in some of these forums (especially the agressive fish forum) is really just a best guess on the antagonist's part. Nothing wrong with taking some calculated risks; how would this hobby ever advance without them?