To the people who bash Bush here's what we had

oceansidefish

I will correct myself. Condi knew in January, not July. Thats what happens when I am working in two different places. I typed the current month.
Again I still am not a Clinton fan, so you can talk all you want about him. He messed up.
And yes they know where Bin Laden is. International politics is a tricky thing. Thats why Bush hasn't "paraded" him around. He is hiding out, we know what country he is in. This has been confirmed by my relatives who work at the pentagon.
This is my last post. Like it or leave it. I choose to leave.

scotty37

I dont know much of anything about politics, but this is what I do know. I started driving at the end of the Clinton era and gas was 89 cents. Last year under Bush it was 4.59 here for a while. So its costing my family 300 dollars a month more now to have a president who isnt shooting into the interns. Why should I have to pay for that? Shoot away as long as it saves me money lol

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by Oceansidefish
And yes they know where Bin Laden is. International politics is a tricky thing. Thats why Bush hasn't "paraded" him around. He is hiding out, we know what country he is in. This has been confirmed by my relatives who work at the pentagon.
This is my last post. Like it or leave it. I choose to leave.
Just tell me where he is.

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by seasalt101
yeah didn't want to go long with it just makin a point i hope she don't win...tobin
Don't worry about it...She'll never win! If she does, which she wont, I'll be protesting like crazy and if she doesn't run out of the White House I'm moving to France.

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by crimzy
Wow, with brain teasers like these, how could I think that Bush supporters are blind, naive, misinformed. I stand corrected.

Corrrected?
GOD DOESN'T WANT US KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! Therefore we shouldn't do it! It's wrong anyway!!! Do you even know what they do in abortions? They crush the baby's skull, suck out the brains, break their arms and legs.
Poor soul. Yet you call me blind, naive, and misinformed.
How am I blind?

crimzy

Originally Posted by Mr. Guitar
Corrrected?
GOD DOESN'T WANT US KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! Therefore we shouldn't do it! It's wrong anyway!!! Do you even know what they do in abortions? They crush the baby's skull, suck out the brains, break their arms and legs.
How am I blind?
Who's talking about killing innocent people, (besides your buddy Bush in Iraq)? Stem cell research does not kill babies. As stated previously, these are unused embryos that are otherwise discarded. So to argue this issue claiming that "we should not kill babies" is very misinformed.

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by crimzy
Who's talking about killing innocent people, (besides your buddy Bush in Iraq)? Stem cell research does not kill babies. As stated previously, these are unused embryos that are otherwise discarded. So to argue this issue claiming that "we should not kill babies" is very misinformed.
Bush isn't killing anyone. Those GREAT men and women are fighting for our Freedoms. If it weren't for them you wouldn't be saying your opinions right now. Be thankful you live in a country where you can do that. You didn't even read where I said Abortions...I didn't mention Stem Cell. Now who's misinformed?

crimzy

I thank the Lord that Bush vetoed stem cell research!!!!!!!!! Hallelujah!!!!!!! I'm strongly against stem cell research. I don't even care if it could save my life because I'm gonna die someday and go to Heaven. I have a cure for everything. His name is Jesus. He can cure anything, anytime too. If you don't know Him...He's a GREAT and AWESOME person!!
You my friend are blind. You don't even understand morals. Killing babies?! I bet God is just shaking His mighty head like, "You people need morals you're not supposed to kill others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
What a strange argument??? This was your response to my criticism of Bush's veto of the stem cell research bill. And now you're claiming that you were talking about abortion??? Where???
Anyway, those great men and women are being sacrificed for Bush's whim. My freedoms existed before we INVADED Iraq and it will continue to exist without the necessity of these young men and women being martyred. In fact, it is Bush trying to limit my freedoms. Ever heard of the Patriot Act?

darthtang aw

Who was discussing abortions?
Crimzy I know you weren't......did you get a chance to check out those articles on Stem Cell Research?

mr. guitar

I meant to put Stem Cell stuff in my previous comment. Stem cell research should be stopped! It's wrong...it kills.
I quit aruging with ingnorant people. Why don't you all quit arguing and get over everything. You can't have a perfect nation. If you want a "so called good nation" try running it yourself.
God Bless you all!

crimzy

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
Who was discussing abortions?
Crimzy I know you weren't......did you get a chance to check out those articles on Stem Cell Research?
I just read them... interesting stuff. You have to admit that these individuals are pushing their slant on the issue so I look more to the facts than their opinions. Although I disagree with the opinions expressed, I take a couple of things from these articles. First, this is a very young field and, as stated many times in the first interview, embryonic and adult stem cells are very different. This being said, how can adult stem cells be seen as an alternative? Shouldn't both areas be explored? It's also interesting to me that the 2nd writer is clearly pushing his opinion against embryonic stem cell research. Yet, in his listed "Claim 3", he admits that paralyzed rats did show some improvement after the use of embryonic stem cells. Isn't this enough to explore further?

darthtang aw

I will agree they have their own slant to them. No doubt there. I would have no problem (granted I am not sure how this works) using embryonic stem cell research on those that would be aborted.
Whether the government should fund it though is the question. The other stem cell research is funded by government however and so it isn't like he isn't funding this at all. To my knowledge there are still embryotic stem cells that will be supported by government funding, he is just vetoing NEW embriotic stem cells from being created for this purpose.

reefraff

I just gotta comment on the remark about Fox News. You might actually want to try watching it sometime before slamming it. I watch it quite a bit. Also watch MSNBC and do a lot of reading on the net. The reason I like Fox is they go out of there way to have guests from both sides on to discuss an issue. Sorta like CNN's crossfire without being scripted. It's one thing to have some talking head come on who may or may not feed you the straight story but when you can hear the issue debated from both sides at least you are given the chance to make up your own mind.

1journeyman

...And yes they know where Bin Laden is. International politics is a tricky thing. Thats why Bush hasn't "paraded" him around. He is hiding out, we know what country he is in. This has been confirmed by my relatives who work at the pentagon.....
If this is true I suspect your relatives are discussing classified information with you....

sepulatian

I do not understand how anyone is defending Bush and slamming Clinton. Clinton lied about a blow job so his wife wouldn't find out. OMG, shoot him now!!!!!! He admitted the truth. Oh, my, he isn't a man like any other? This is sexual, not national. I never got why people were so mad about it to begin with. He is not the first man in the world to get a BJ from a co-worker. He didn't start a war just for his co-workers financial gain. A pointless war that we are losing because they do not want us there.

sepulatian

Corrrected?
How am I blind?
An abortion is performed before 3 months of pregnancy. There are no arms and legs. The body is no where near formed. The bones are not yet formed, nor hard, so there is no skull formed yet. There are no "brains to suck out". Do YOU know what they do in abortions? They remove the embryo. The same embryo that would be discarded, but can be useful for research.

reefraff

Originally Posted by sepulatian
I do not understand how anyone is defending Bush and slamming Clinton. Clinton lied about a blow job so his wife wouldn't find out. OMG, shoot him now!!!!!! He admitted the truth. Oh, my, he isn't a man like any other? This is sexual, not national. I never got why people were so mad about it to begin with. He is not the first man in the world to get a BJ from a co-worker. He didn't start a war just for his co-workers financial gain. A pointless war that we are losing because they do not want us there.
Fact is Clinton lied under oath, Just like the Scooter. The Democrats who are now looking for blood from Libby didn't even think Clinton should lose his job, let alone go to jail. Of Course many of the Republicans who think it's fine to pardon Libby wanted to throw a sitting president out of office for the same offence. I am shocked to see hypocricy going on here.
One thing I will say is the Clintons are the last people on earth who should open their mouths about ANYONE'S pardons considering some of the people Willy J pardoned on his way out.

oceansidefish

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
If this is true I suspect your relatives are discussing classified information with you....
Not true...I don't know where he is, which would be the classified part. This relative has been served our country for more than 25 years in the Navy and continues to do so. They discuss as much as is allowed and nothing more. Was a big help when I could'nt talk to my husband for 3 months while he was deployed. This family member served in the first gulf war, we didn't know where he was or what he was doing. We didn't even know he had left until we recieved his will in the mail. I don't know anymore than than what has been released. I don't appreciate the accusations.

darthtang aw

I don't appreciate the accusations.
You stated Bin Laden was NOT in Afghanistan and that you knew what country he was in. You implied yourself when you used the term "We". Sensitive material such as this is most often Classified information...especially coming from the Pentagon. Not an accusation but an observation on Journey's part as I thought the same things.
It has been my experience people that discuss openly sensitive subjects such as this that imply a high level security classification...aren't telling the whole truth. Then again it may be true.
Bottom line is...If we knew where Bin Laden was and he is hiding in another country, we have told every country n the world that hiding and aiding terrorists will put them on the "list". Not to mention all we would have to do is go to the U.N. and we would have world backing to go in and get him....Bin Laden is the most feared and hated individual to all the "western" nations.....Especially since his group has started hitting targets in Europe since 9/11. Don't give me internatonal politics being touchy....We had the option to take him in the 90's as the middle east contacted us and asked if we wanted him./......He has few Haven's left anymore...unless he is IRAN or Iraq I see no other country stupid enough to give him safe haven.

1journeyman

And yes they know where Bin Laden is. International politics is a tricky thing. Thats why Bush hasn't "paraded" him around. He is hiding out, we know what country he is in. This has been confirmed by my relatives who work at the pentagon.....
I'm not accusing you of anything Oceanside.
I'm saying I suspect your family in the Pentagon would get reprimanded if their superiors found out you were quoting them on a public message board.
It's certainly NOT public knowledge that Bin Laden is in a known location in a country that won't allow us to touch him. You didn't say (directly) that you know where he is, but you did say you know he's not in Afghanistan.