Today on the Reef

wax32

Got ahold of a very nice rock:
http://www.zooxanthellae.com
Sweet Multi-Colored Zoanthids
AND: I saw the Yellow Watchman Goby that had been MIA for about 10 days. He is for sure paired with the pistol shrimp.

They both came out and grabbed some formula 1 pellets I put at their hole. Now, I'm not sure if BOTH
YWG's are still in the reef, since I would need to see them both at the same time. But I guess there is still hope!

wax32

Gotta like just walking into an LFS to get some snails and finding a rock of zoos with Fire and Ice on them. The picture is not a whole lot bigger than life size, so you can see they are good sized polyps.

wax32

It was $36 and they had another one almost just like it, same two varieties of zoanthids on it. I almost bought them both.

wax32

Just got the orange knuckle today. Yeah, I like hermits a lot!

I caught that emerald and put him in the fuge. He is just too crazy about my zoos.

ryansholl

Originally Posted by wax32
Gotta like just walking into an LFS to get some snails and finding a rock of zoos with Fire and Ice on them. The picture is not a whole lot bigger than life size, so you can see they are good sized polyps.
Well, I should suppose that depends on what your resolution is set to and how big your monitor is!
That rock is 4" long as I see it, not too impressive a zo package ;)
To be serious, wish I could find something like that. My LFSs don't carry such things, or I'd have some nice zoanthids by now!

fishmamma

Nice score Wax, lovin' those zoas!! That is the first time I have seen an orange knuckled hermit, funky.

wax32

ryan: true! Didn't think about that. The fire and Ice I bought online have barely visible polyps.

Tstaub: Usually Rick's Reef in Metairie, I got that one from Aquatic Specialties in Kenner.
fishmamma: they are related to the blue knuckled ones
zano: after they settle in most spread pretty fast

wax32

Today's happenings:
I took all 120 pounds of my LR out of the tank, to catch the damsel. My wife never has been keen on him even though it's one of my favorite fish. She wants "pretty fish". Gotta keep her happy. So, I am going to get another 2 blue-green Chromis to go with the one I already have. For MY fish, I am eyeing a SAWEEEEET Golden Wrasse at the LFS.
That will put the fishy contents at: yellow tang, 3 Chromis
, 1 wrasse and 1 YWG. That's right, I was able to confirm that only one of the pair still resides in the reef.

I also found the orange zoos that went missing a week ago!

The damsel is in a bucket with a PH till I can get him to the LFS and trade him in. I will miss the little bad boy.
And
, I got my zoos from FedEx!!
(See other thread.)

wax32

Picked up the 2 more Chromis and the golden wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus) today. All three Chromis are swimming in the current together, looks really cool. The wrasse hung out up front for a bit then disappeared into the rockwork. In my previous experience with wrasses they take a while to adjust to a new tank, so I reckon it will be awhile before I see him again.

wax32

Did a little gluing of the frags I got yesterday, here is the first, along with the picture that shows what they are:

Blue-Green Zoanthids
I stuck my finger in there for size reference.

Blue-Green Zoanthids

wax32

The big bald looking patch seems to be an encrusting SPS of some sort, maybe Porites.