Today on the Reef

wax32

I really like the Halichoeres chrysus. Lemme dig up a picture, I haven't taken one of mine yet.

That's an adult male. They look more like a skinny yellow fish when juvenile.

wax32

Here's a picture of the wrasse, he came out after a few hours in the tank:
http://www.zooxanthellae.com
Canary Wrasse, AKA Yellow "Coris", Halichoeres chrysus

The bugger constantly moves so it is tough to get a good shot of him.

wax32

He is more yellow than the picture shows; he is in the shadow of an over-hanging rock.

anthony17

HEY wax sorry about this stupid question but what do you mean when you say its "GLUED" surely your not glueing stuff to LR???

anthony17

so was that coral you superglued to the LR??? does that kill the LR or do something bad??? just seems ockward

anthony17

if you didnt have superglue how would you get it to stay on or is superglue the only way to get corals to stay to the LR ???

wax32

Thanks! I'm not real happy with the huge rock on the upper left. It has cool shelves built into it, but it's an awkward size.

fishmamma

The new zoas and wrasse look great Wax. Love the aquascaping too, how long did it take you to put it all back like that after your break down to catch the damsel? Did you get it right on the first try? If I move even one rock I can never replicate the old set-up.

wax32

Well... it for sure changed!
And it took about an hour. Lemme do a before and after:

11-16-05

12-02-05
I moved a lot of the medium sized rocks that were in the infrastructure of the left side to the right side.
Now today I took out the huge rock on the left:

12-03-05
See, I can't get it straight right away either.