TriGa22's Tank Diary

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Yea, he dosent have a tank yet. I want him to get one though because I think it would be neat to see what he would do with it.
Actually I did have a tank it's just that my heater went up to 90 in the middle of the night and in the morning the fish I did have were dead. But I will get a tank really soon.

reefkprz

ID please
yellow zoanthids possibly eagle eyes but I cant see the center

yellow colonial polyp and another type of zoanthid

mushroom

"Sleeper" Protopalythoa

I named what I could

craig_08

The xenia and kenya tree I gave you are looking good. If you put the xenia in a spot with a little less flow the polyps will extend more and spread out a lot. Good luck with the algae. It doesn't seem to be as disastrous as you made it out to sound last night. A sally lightfoot, a few snails, and an emerald crab or two will clear that right up.

triga22

AZfishgal-Thanks
Surfin-Please post when it starts
Reefkprz- thanks for IDing them
Craig-Thanks for the corals and I will try to move him to less flow.
Here is a video showing what flow and height they are in. If they should be moved let me know.

craig_08

It should be fine where they are. It just looks like they are getting whipped around. I like mine in low flow so they really extend but with the Hydor deflectors I don't know if you can find a low flow spot.

nietzsche

Thanks. Do you have a tank?
i have a 28 bowfront and a 10 gallon.

that was the 28 before i took all the equipment out and some of the rock. decided to go skimmerless for a while and took out the maxijet and added a koralia #1. few of those rocks went into my 10 gallon too, so my 28 looks empty and a little odd. i dont have many corals either for both. just got the odyssea MH fixture for the 28 and i have a 70w MH k2 viper over the 10

nietzsche

and heres a crappy quality pic of my 10

and a link to the crappiest quality video of the 10 (camera phone):

you get the idea

the 10 only has some eagle eyes, blue eyes, one super tiny speckled mushroom, and xenia. the 28 has 2 brain corals, gsp, devil's hand, different musrooms, hammer coral. wish i had more of a variety like you.

triga22

I dont have much of a variety... Im hopeing to get some more soon.
Craig- I cant find a low spot like anywhere. I moved him 3 times and at 1 point he really gets whipped. I dont want to put him in low light, but if I did there isnt much flow down there.

kevin34

Looks awsome. I think you need some ricordeas
I cant wait till my tank gets that far. keep up the good work.

triga22

Kevin thanks, Im ordering some rics from here. We are moving the 29 to the basement tommorw so I will order tommorw.

triga22

Updates since the move, Black background.. I love it!!!
Where are the zoas?

For some reason photobucket is being mean and is cutting this picture off. Please bare with me, I will have a fts tommorw and some other casue my shipment is coming