trying to quit smoking help

turningtim

Hey all How's it going. Picked up a new one I see. Welcome!
Still hanging in. Have to work with a smoker today, not looking forward to it.
How ya doin' Tobin?
Stay strong ALL!
Tim

jennythebugg

brewski these are for you...
and tim tobin and i are having a real hard time right now not falling off the wagon since the news from the doc he says he just wants to give in so i have to guilt trip him and tell him i would start again too.... god i want one though its just rough here right now but im glad to hear everyone is doing good

H

huskychasrs

Hang in there Jenny. When you get the urge call somebody, email, go watch the fish for a little bit, just don't pick up the butts.
Were here as well!

8 more hours to 30 days smoke free for me!

brewski4u1

hey jenny i'm going on day 3 and i have been testing myself like no other last night out drinking and tonight a concert w/ all the guys and all of them smoke! didnt touch a cig! still clean day 3 and 1/2 lol . but it was a 311 concert so i did smoke somthing else ! is that cheating? i dont count it! o well ! i'm off to bed at the end of day 3! i love the patch and coffee stirs!

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by Brewski4u1
hey jenny i'm going on day 3 and i have been testing myself like no other last night out drinking and tonight a concert w/ all the guys and all of them smoke! didnt touch a cig! still clean day 3 and 1/2 lol . but it was a 311 concert so i did smoke somthing else ! is that cheating? i dont count it! o well ! i'm off to bed at the end of day 3! i love the patch and coffee stirs!
awww your not supposed to brag your supposed to share

autofreak44

Originally Posted by Brewski4u1
lucky... we never have 311 concerts around here

just wanted to say good luck to you all, you will be better for it

brewski4u1

just a update passed out last night smoke free at 6pm and woke up at 730 for work well needed sleep! and today i failed on my quest! got drunk bought a pack had 2 and said WTF and tossed them in the canal ! so i smoked on day 5 i'l still trying! damn this is no fun! suck that i dont have any freinds that dont smoke to chill w/!

jennythebugg

verey one slips its if ya stay down that counts...i have tried to quit at least 5 or 6 times a year for the last 7 or 8 years and i think this time i may have finally succeeded im glad you threw them away
hope you have a better day tommorrow

H

huskychasrs

It sucks but...IF you were a heavy smoker, you need to buy some NRTs(patches or gum). I'm at one month using patches!

H

huskychasrs

HEY HEY HEy its Five weeks now!!!

I'm done tootin my own horn.
How is everybody else doing?
If your thinking about it do the research, make a game plan and quit.

seasalt101

Originally Posted by huskychasrs
HEY HEY HEy its Five weeks now!!!

I'm done tootin my own horn.
How is everybody else doing?
If your thinking about it do the research, make a game plan and quit.

we need to start a list of the quitters and i'm willing to bet we got 10 people to quit this has been a very successful thread and thanks everyone...tobin

jennythebugg

i messed up.... i broke down and bummed one from my neighbor earlier, i feel like a complete failure , not just this but everything my whole life right now, i seriously dont feel like i can do this... sorry i let you down

H

huskychasrs

We are human Jenny...It doesn't make it O.K. though.
You messed, slipped and etc. Kudos for you for saying "I messed up my quit and smoked" It takes a big person to admit it.
We all need support in these situations...I know how hard it can be to quit when there are dire circumstances surrounding you.
I've had to deal with 3 family deaths in the last 6 months.
I lost my Dad, an Aunt and one of my Stepbrothers.
PM with a # if you want to talk. I will listen.
Tell Tobin he's in my prayers.
Take care,
Rick

H

huskychasrs

Ohh and by the way I've been questioning my own quit on a daily basis for the last 2 weeks.
You can keep the quit going and remember this (it's helped me) "I am doing this for myself. I'm not quitting for kids, parents, etc. I',m quitting for me!"
Hang in there Bud

fishy7

My Story:
I used to be a serious smoker for 12 years. 1-2 packs a day. Loved to smoke but then one day, I came to a road that said either you are a smoker till you die or a non smoker. So I decieded to become a non smoker.
I used a product called Smoke-away. Great product. I did not get any craving and the product is all natural. The key to success with this product is 3 meals / day. You take your

[hr]
with each meal. So if you skip meals not so sure this will work for you. I was done smoking on the 2nd day and never looked back.
1) focus on the positives of being a non smoker A) Extra money B)do not smell like smoke C) extra time to do things D) all the things you can do since you are not huffing and puffing just going up 3 stairs. E) Mental freedom not having to worry about taking care of your habbit. F)Self accomplishment. G) improved overall all health.
It was the best gift I gave to myself. Couple of hints: Quit for yourslef and not any other reason. If not then you will fall back. You have to make a conscience decision each day not to smoke. When you get a craving (you definatley will)just remember it only lasts for 15 seconds, and if you get one get up and do something to remove the craving. Lastly DRINK lots of WATER. This will ensure you do not gain wait and flushes the bod.
Good luck and you will kick the habit.

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
What part of Citrus Heights?
Small world indeed.
i lived in fair oaks all my life until i moved to carmichael 1 year ago!
i had no idea the you guys were so close!
like 10 min away!