trying to quit smoking help

seasalt101

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
i lived in fair oaks all my life until i moved to carmichael 1 year ago!
i had no idea the you guys were so close!
like 10 min away!
i grew up on the corner of sagar and edison that house now has a huge antanea in the backyard the house is about a block from american river hospital i watched them build it when i was a kid...tobin

jtrzerocool

that is awsome. i lived over by del campo high school(well i still do technically). i only moved about 5 miles from my old house. well now back on topic how are you and RFB and everyone else doing with smoking? my dad smoked for abour 30 years. he tried everything in the book to quit but it was very hard for him. he eventually won the war over smoking with the patch.

seasalt101

that is awsome. i lived over by del campo high school(well i still do technically). i only moved about 5 miles from my old house. well now back on topic how are you and RFB and everyone else doing with smoking? my dad smoked for abour 30 years. he tried everything in the book to quit but it was very hard for him. he eventually won the war over smoking with the patch.
i cheated for the 1st time yesterday no excuses but i already am going on my 3rd round of cancer in the last 2.5 years it's about comfort now and the cancer is not cigarette related i worked with a lot of chemicals in the oilfield that is what my doc is saying the cause is it has been real hard lately facing your own mortality is tough on everyone around you, especially jenny she has it so rough right now i feel so bad for her, i did my freshman year at mira loma it was a nice school back then i don't know now...tobin

jtrzerocool

well just know that i am pulling for ya. i read the other thread on your cancer. i am very sorry to hear that. i am praying for you to pull through again. just be strong and kick this thing where it deserves to be kicked(both smoking and cancer). i havent been on the boards long but i have been here long enough to know that you have many friends here. i am sure that they are all pulling for you!

seasalt101

well just know that i am pulling for ya. i read the other thread on your cancer. i am very sorry to hear that. i am praying for you to pull through again. just be strong and kick this thing where it deserves to be kicked(both smoking and cancer). i havent been on the boards long but i have been here long enough to know that you have many friends here. i am sure that they are all pulling for you!
yeah i only had 1 and i am not giving up just realizing i might not win that's all me and jenny reaffirmed our fight last night against it and i was actually able to eat almost a whole sandwich yesterday yes that is a major accomplishment right now, and i am grateful for all my friends on this site and consider yourself one too please, can't have too many ya know and if i go it will be kickin and screamin...tobin

seasalt101

well if there is anything that i can do just let me know. and thank you for the kind words
back at ya homebrew...tobin

grennan

Just saw this post searching for "Salt Mix"...anyways.
I smoked for 20 years and tried everything over 5 yearsto quit. The only thing that worked for me was:
1) Not dwelling on the quiting part
2) Becoming totaly sick and tired of smoking...I was hiding my smoking from my family and friends.
Today I have been smoke free for 1 year, 2 months and 1 day.
Today:
1) I have more play money
2) I don't smell like smoke all the time
3) I don't run out of breath.
4) I don't stand have to stand out in the cold/heat every hour.
5) Overall I feel better
6) I don't care what the price of a carton is.
7) I don't miss it at all, even when around other smokers.
and on and on and on!!
Quicking is not about luck!!! It is about willingness!