trying to quit smoking help

H

huskychasrs

Originally Posted by reefreak29
by the way tomarrow will be 4 weeks for me

Schweet I'll be there too monday at 0200.
Good job!

H

huskychasrs

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
i wonder just how much $$ the few of us have not given mr tobacco since we quit ?? probably a thousand i'm guessing ok maybe not quite that much but were stickin it to tha(marlboro) man !!
and melee 20 years ago a person that was only smaoking for a year could have quit alot easier than today, they have over the years increased the amount of nicotine in cigarettes- basically every time the price went up from taxes they would add more nicotine...i just found that one out cruising around on the internet on these quit smoking sites and looking at cancer sites
Hey Jenny, I signed up on quitnet.com after you set up your account you get your quit stats daily, and there are forums everywhere.

jennythebugg

they are strong , but after the first 2 weeks it really does get easier its amazing there are times now that i forgot i was ever a smoker ..but wow those other times , like we passed someone on the road today and got a whiff of there smoke and it made us both want one ...

H

huskychasrs

Ohh I hate that sniffing when I'm driving. Makes me want one so bad!

But I ain't gonna do it!

rabbit_72

I am not going to read this entire thread, because I have laundry to do and there's not enough time to read it all and go to work tonight!!
I was a smoker for 16 years. Started when I was a wee lassie of 15. Dumbest thing I ever started. Shamefully, I did not quit until I was 6 mos. preggers with my second, beautiful, thannkfully healthy daughter, Megan.
What made me quit? My kids. I started feeling soooo rotten about what I was doing to them and soemday, maybe they would be watching me die of lung cancer...scared the daylights right out of me! I was reading all those parent magazines with studies of how babies can breathe in cig. smoke right out of your hair and clothes, even if you smoked outside. I really was scared. Every day, I noticed more and more that I couldn't finish a caig and my throat would close up and I would feel miserable. My last cigs were Dec. 31, 2003. Have't had once since. Yeah, I find it harder to lose weight, but I don't care. I quit smoking! Yeah!! I aslo nagged my hubby to death and he quit 3 months later! We are both so happy to have kicked that nasty old habit.
Then a couple of years ago, my brother-in-law's youngest child was diagnosed with asthma. His wife swears that it was not because they both smoked like chimneys (actaully worse), but because it was hereditary as she has it too. Funny, she had told me a few years before that she never had asthma until she smoked.....hmmmmm.... Anyhoo, doctor told her to get rid of pets, thoroughly clean the house (yea, right, I had never met such slobs!) and to not smoke around her, AT ALL! So my hubby goes over to their house to see his bro about something, and there's the wifey, sitting in an enclosed hallway in front of her apartment door, smoking, with the door to the apartment wide open, and her little 2 year old with asthma climbing all over wifey smoking the cig. Hmmm.....

H

huskychasrs

Everybody keep the Quit going closin in on 4 weeks here...a couple of days to go but doing great!

scotts

ROLL CALL!
Me - Booze coming up on 3 years and tobacco a little over a year.
Time for everyone to check in and maybe get some newbies to join the quitting parade.

reefreak29

smokes- 32 days (cold turkey)

drugs - 7.5 years (cold turkey)

booze - 7.5 years cold turkey)

me wanting to kill every one priceless

brewski4u1

hey been on this fourm for a few months and just found this thread you guys who have stuck to your work awsome! its a horrible habbit! i started when i was 16 and am 24 now! i actually quit for 6 month cold turkey and was going strong till my b-day! and well at 4am and god knows how many beers and shots i found a cig back in my mouth ! *%#$ that was the start of it all over! been 2 months and i'm going for a round 2! come one guys we can do this! i'm on day 2! lol sooo sad ! o and as a few of you have said drinking does not help at all ! i have found that gum and chewing on the little drink straws help! and i actually found my self going outside of bars to escape the smokers! lol and something else that is KILLING ME is a damn WOMEN ! they will be the end of me! i sear! i had to buy the patch today to ease the BS damn women! so ladies! i'm venting now and this seemed a good place to do it! have any of you or do you get really pissy, like a very short fuse when you quiting! i do bad and its not a good thing lol thanks for listening everyone! sorry had to vent ! lol

jennythebugg

go ahead and vent thats what were here for , bars are one of the worst places for you to be when your quitting because all the smokers there and alchohol makes you want a smoke( besides if your at the bar looking for a mate , is that the kind of mate you want?)< my dad said that to me once hehe stick to it 2 days is awesome most people don't even make it all the way through the first

brewski4u1

no not at the bars looking for women ! usally there w/ mine! and recently she has just turned on the annoying i'm physco, everything you do bothers me switch! and she is yanking on my last nerve w/ this no smoking !

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by Brewski4u1
no not at the bars looking for women ! usally there w/ mine! and recently she has just turned on the annoying i'm physco, everything you do bothers me switch! and she is yanking on my last nerve w/ this no smoking !

hahaha everyone is more annoying when your trying to quit
hhahaha
you and i both know thats true too !!

brewski4u1

no no no !! i'm trying to quit and that is what shes doing ! its driving me insane! since i made the first post i think she has called me to yell about where were going tonight like 4 times and she cant come up w/ a better place! OMG shut up and stop complaing lol !!

brewski4u1

yup but i dont think i put it that nicly ! lol w/e i'm on my way out to get her and off to a bar i'll post up tomm how it went! all i can say is those little drink straws better watch out! lol