UFC 59 - April 15th!

speg

Omg! If you have 40 bucks thats just burning a hole in your pocket.. I suggest calling up your cable company and telling them you want the live PPV for UFC 59! You wont be sorry!
I know i'll be watching it........ will you????!?!! :p
My prediction is a KO by Arlovski and a KO by Griffin.

jmick

I'll be watching it, I started watching the UFC and few years ago and I love it. I've been a huge fan of boxing since I was a little kid and I actually prefer the UFC over most boxing matches.
I hope that Forrest knocks out Ortiz. Not sure what to make of the Sylvia VS Arlovski fight…Sylvia has a very good camp and I think they will have him ready this time.
Is it me, or are the UFC girls really hot?

madison

Ortiz 2nd round KO!!!!! Griffin is just riding high on his recent fame from Ultimate Fighter...if you really look at his ground game...he's got none! If Tito can take Forrest to the round...game over! ground and pound! game over! Griffin has not be taken down by anybody like Ortiz's caliber!
Arlovski is so cute! he can starighten me out anyday!

Arlovski 3 round submission!

speg

Originally Posted by PFitz44
i hope ortiz looses.... i really cant stand him....
whos watching ultimate fighter?
The Reality Show??? The question is.. who DOESNT watch it?? Season 3's first episode was the largest watched show in its time frame last Thursday. Each season more and more people are getting hooked.... soon I betcha it'll be one of the most watched programs in history.

speg

Just because I am so fanatic about it and soooooo excited about these upcomming fights.. I feel I should voice my opinion on whos going to win and how.. 59 has a LOT of great fights that im very interested in.. I am already getting antsy for saturday night!!
* Andrei (the pit bull) Arlovski vs
Tim (The Maine-iac) Sylvia
Andrei trains like a madman.. and hits like a truck.. he has knocked out people who have never been knocked out before.. and he bounces around like he only weighs 100 lbs... yet he is a massive 240 lb man.. I honestly cant see him losing just because he is on such an amazing streak... I say Arlovski beats Sylvia in the first round.. by KO this time.. not a ankle lock! :p
* (The Huntington Beach bad boy)Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin
Someone said Forrest hasnt got much of a ground game.. but you dont know that.. you havent seen it.. he hasnt had to do much ground work.. and if you've seen him on his back you'd know that he ends up standing right back up... can he stand back up with a good westler like Ortiz?? We'll see... I believe Forrest will KO Ortiz in the second round... but will take a vicious beating in the first via ground and pound.
* Nick Diaz vs Sean Sherk
I really like Nick Diaz.. I think he is one of the best welterweights right next to Georges St. Pierre. Diaz is gonna submit Sherk I think... we'll go with 2nd round early.
* Jeff Monson vs Marcio Cruz
After seeing Marcio fight his debut fight in the octagon I cant believe he was even allowed to come back... he was a awful striker :p He got the win though.. and even won against my boy Frank Mir by KO! If he doesnt win this fight... you have to wonder if Frank Mir actually sucks =c( lol that cant be true though!
* David Terrell vs Scott Smith
David Terrell is lookin to prove that Evan Tanner just got the best of him on a bad day... Suposedly Terrell is a super amazing fighter... I really havent seen that yet.. but I give him my vote in this fight.
* Karo Parisyan vs Nick Thompson
(THE HEAT) is gonna win with some sort of submission.. an arm lock probably.. thats my two cents.
The rest of the fights really dont thrill me much... Evan Tanner will win his fight im sure.
Sooooooo excited!

speg

annnnd... if you didnt like the UFC before... this will make you appreciate it... Some of the ringside girls.
*note* this is the 'cleanest' picture I could actually find :p Enjoy.

sufunk

The real UFC died long ago, this is watered down fighting with little action. When UFC and Pride first started they had a great product but all the "rules" have killed it. Your lucky if blood gets drawn nowadays. Ah, the good ole days with Shamrock,Kerr, Coleman, Goodrich, etc.... Now that was worth payin $40 cus you knew you were gonna see some real action

speg

Like everything it has evolved. Sure they dont fight bare knuckle anymore.. and a 280 lb man cant fight a 155 lb man... but I still see blood if thats what you're interested in :p People still get broken bones... heck... Franklin broke his hand in the second round in UFC 58 and went on to fight 5 rounds WITH a broken hand... and Frank Mir broke Tim Sylvias arm in a armbar... its craaaazy stuff :)
Its much more than it used to be.. everybody has to know a little of everything to be a good fighter.. no more one style fighters.. which makes it far more interesting to watch.

zsalinas

I and a bunch of friend will be getting the ufc fight this weekend. I'm so stoked I can't wait. I really like Tito and hope he wins. I like Forrest a lot to though. I'm kind of on the fence but more so wanting Tito to win. Arlovski I think will win. I just get tired of Sylvia cause he's so big nobody can actually get a hit on him. I haven't seen him take a hit yet. One more thing........The UFC girls are so amazingly hot. I like the picture. Nothing better then some good fights and some nice eye candy between rounds!!!

zsalinas

One more thing I hate Nick Diaz. Especially when he talked trash on Diego Sanchez and got the beat down. I love that fight. Nick needed to be put in his place after sayin Diego didn't deserve to be there.

zsalinas

Originally Posted by Speg
If you want better pics... go to www.ufc.tv and click on octagon girls/gallery =c) enjoy!
I don't think those girls are real. They don't make them like that in real life lol

speg

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
One more thing I hate Nick Diaz. Especially when he talked trash on Diego Sanchez and got the beat down. I love that fight. Nick needed to be put in his place after sayin Diego didn't deserve to be there.
He basically was upset that Sanchez was getting a bigger pay day than he was and he had been in the UFC longer. Wouldnt you be upset about that ? :)
He also was right when he said Diego hadnt fought anybody good yet... so it was a good matchup to fight a good fighter (Diaz).. I thought it was a reallllly interesting fight... he did beat Diaz but he didnt stop him.

speg

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
I don't think those girls are real. They don't make them like that in real life lol

You should meet my ex girlfriend. =c)

zsalinas

I feel you on the Diaz thing. I guess if i was a big fighter and some guy off a tv show was put up against me I'd be pissed cause I'd want a more credible fight. As for as the girlfriend thing I can understand. I'm more of a blond girl type of guy lol :joy:

speg

Originally Posted by AngryCrab
Am I the only one hoping that the Tim Sylvia wins?
Probably :) He seems like a good fighter.. I just dont really like the guys attitude about things ya know.. Like how he freaked out on the ref when he got his arm broken saying that it WASNT broken..
It also isnt cool that he took steroids...
but all that being said.. I dont lose sleep if he wins... but I really like Arlovski and I wouldnt mind seeing him keep the belt forever.... but if there is ever a Arlovski vs Mir..... omg I dunno who I would want to win more.