ufos, need opions

scotts

Originally Posted by Aztec Reef
do you think its funny that the closest star is lightyears away? and that's going as fast as 10 G's..on a rocket.. you won't even have enuff time to make it around the corner in your life's span...

BTW 10Gs would be a term for acceleration, not velocity.

rbaldino

Would you all stop worrying about what planes, missiles, or bullets would take the aliens out. Everyone knows they're allergic to water. Super Soakers!!! Filled with Holy Water!!!

aztec reef

Originally Posted by renogaw
the sun is light years away?
I said the closest Star i forgat the name Articula or something like that..(i know that the sun is a star too). nice try..

aztec reef

Originally Posted by rbaldino
Would you all stop worrying about what planes, missiles, or bullets would take the aliens out. Everyone knows they're allergic to water. Super Soakers!!! Filled with Holy Water!!!
plus. Any Technological device/weapon we come out with is put to shame by theirs.. its like comparing an Arrow with a nuclear bomb..

renogaw

I said the closest Star i forgat the name Articula or something like that..(i know that the sun is a star too). nice try..

... but the closest star is the sun...so it's not light years away...

saltn00b

(if you cant beat em , join em)all of this is a coincedence.
sorry aztec, i usually agree with you on many many posts but your arguments in this thread have been abismally weak.
how:
First of all, God isn't a person (at least not on EARTH) yes we know that God gave he's son(jesus) so that we can believe in him..
ok... you have been throwing around beliefs in the guise as facts again. the only fact concerning God is that we do not definitively know if god exists, just that some people believe that he/she/it/they does to some extent or another, based on written beliefs, organized religion and lastly, "Gut Feelings". For arguments sake, lets say He exists, but then who are you to "KNOW" if he is or is not a person? and if he works in mysterious ways, how is it that you know that the sole purpose in his "giving us jesus" (of which there is no proof that jesus the man ever even existed) was so that we could believe in him? isnt that rather arrogant? that you KNOW that? where is that written? In the first testament, God tests his people on numerous occasions of there faith in him without proof, so why is it that he would then decide to contradict himself by giving us a magical person so everyone can see and argue and wage war about for thousands of years as "proof". this would prove god is fallible, and according to some theologians unravel the universe at its seems. check out the movie dogma for more of that..

If there was no jesus at all..Do you think people would take the Bible seriously?
like i said before, nobody even knows that there was a jesus, just beliefs, hearsay, religion. so it is quite possible that even without the man ever walking the planet, one of the largest religions in the world, christianity and all of it's sects which is based upon the Bible, is taken seriously.

Also the image of jesus is God. and that's how God has always looked and will look.. he doesn't get older or younger..Jesus did grew up from a baby and was form to a Human female.which made jesus mortal..
where do you get this stuff? is it in the bible somewhere? idk im not christian, but i have never heard it put like a comic book before.

it was god's idea to bring jesus into the picture, just in case the scientists didn't believ in him
here we go again with you knowing what "God's" ideas were or are. im sure even your priest or whoever would consider it blasphemy. And to again say that it was all for the sole reason to disprove scientists... wow. OK once again assuming your version of God is real and true, and his sole purpose of bequeething mankind with a magical mortal son was to prove to man for all ages that he is real, wouldnt he leave some proof? that is the whole point of it, is it not? proof? His proof is anything but.

If there was no bible writen.. there would be no religion.
maybe no christanity, but i assure you religion will always find away to exist in some form or another. we have a whole section of our brain that is devoted to "believing" in something. just what that is, is a product of our environment.

in that case, we could say that all of this is a coincedence...
it is that case, and even though the argument is weak and there is no correllation, i will say it again:
"all of this is a coincedence..."

nigerbang

Holy Hell....That was great...That made my day...

Signs was a strange movie...not one of M.Nights best though...
Okay lets sum this up....Aztec is an alien...He knows way to much about them...Sharkboy is a troll and we should ignore his threads...
And Rbald is funny

f14peter

Space: Above and Beyond I presume?
Hey, when the survival of Earth and Humankind is at stake, I say we explore every option.
Besides, according to Harry Turtledove, the aliens will find the herb ginger to be highly addictive and it will wreak havoc in their ranks.

darknes

Aztec, I don't know what religion you are, but I'm Catholic and your views are very far from the Church.
Jesus is not God's son and a separate entity. He is part of the Holy Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
Also, Jesus was not born to prove God's existence, but to die for our sins.
Lol, back to topic:
jennythebugg, that link is hilarious! Proof right there why we should eat meat!

aztec reef

Originally Posted by Darknes
Aztec, I don't know what religion you are, but I'm Catholic and your views are very far from the Church.
Jesus is not God's son and a separate entity. He is part of the Holy Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
Also, Jesus was not born to prove God's existence, but to die for our sins.
No disrespect, i figured you were catholic..here's the science...
God is ONE and ONLY.. jesus was indeed Gods plan for us to believe in GOD(not jesus). jesus has no power over GOD.. no one does.
God sacrificed his only son(jesus) so that we (the believers)would live..john 3:16..
Why do you think God let his ONLY son died and then comeback alive? for fun.. No i think he was trying to prove a point...
God knows already what's suppossed to happend.. Everything that is happenning on a daily basis is premeditated..He knows that people aren't supposed to believe in him..thus why he has plans for those non-believers..
Here's the science on that: that doesn't mean that believers
are Inmortal..plus the word of god is a way of life.. Literally. But lets face it we are all sinners..No one is perfect right?
Life is a test, we all going to die but ONLY believers will be in heaven..mostlikely to be a different planet.. that doesn't mean the world is going to end in 20 ,200,2000000 years.. that's nonsense.. no one knows the time..I guess is up to God, and how much he can tolerate...
Earth is ONLY our temporary house..scientifically and spiritually..(I'm starting to sound like a harcore christian)lol.

aztec reef

Originally Posted by saltn00b
(if you cant beat em , join em)
all of this is a coincedence.
sorry aztec, i usually agree with you on many many posts but your arguments in this thread have been abismally weak.
how:

Until you have some facts about EARTH being an accident/coincedence.. And until you find another planet like EARTH then we can get scientific... I back up my facts with the word of god.. If you didn't notice the Bible is a science it self..it's not meant to be simple.. we can't even say who wrote the bible.. but they sure were some great prophets back then hu...

rbaldino

No disrespect, i figured you were catholic..here's the science...
God is ONE and ONLY.. jesus was indeed Gods plan for us to believe in GOD(not jesus). jesus has no power over GOD.. no one does.
God sacrificed his only son(jesus) so that we (the believers)would live..john 3:16..
Why do you think God let his ONLY son died and then comeback alive? for fun.. No i think he was trying to prove a point...
God knows already what's suppossed to happend.. Everything that is happenning on a daily basis is premeditated..He knows that people aren't supposed to believe in him..thus why he has plans for those non-believers..
Here's the science on that: that doesn't mean that believers
are Inmortal..plus the word of god is a way of life.. Literally. But lets face it we are all sinners..No one is perfect right?
Life is a test, we all going to die but ONLY believers will be in heaven..mostlikely to be a different planet.. that doesn't mean the world is going to end in 20 ,200,2000000 years.. that's nonsense.. no one knows the time..I guess is up to God, and how much he can tolerate...
Earth is ONLY our temporary house..scientifically and spiritually..(I'm starting to sound like a harcore christian)lol.
If the Pope ever got ahold of this, he'd excommunicate you. Religion isn't science, and nothing you believe is a fact. In actuality, everything you're saying flies in the face of faith. God has no interest in proving anything to you. If you aren't capable of believing on faith alone, then you're not worthy. I've never read the Bible all the way through, but I believe there's more than one instance of God getting quite angry when anyone asked for concrete proof.
I feel sorry for anyone deeply religious who's read your posts. Your comments are incredibly impious and are making a mockery of real faith. Now, I'm not exactly pious myself, but I've made no claims to be a good Christian. But even a non-believer like me apparently knows more about the nature of faith and religion than you.

aztec reef

Farther more:look at it this way..A drug addict would not quit doing drugs just because he goes to the Greatest rehab center and gets the best scientist/docs/medecine ect....It's all in our hands. everyone has the capacity to overcome things..If he "really" wants to quit he doesn't need to go to Any rehab center..
What i mean by that I don't need to go to church every other day and every sunday, and re-read bible verses in order to believe in God.. I already know the word.. the question is:Do you believe it or Not? i'm not making anything up , that's not my style..I'm all for the Truth..

aztec reef

If the Pope ever got ahold of this, he'd excommunicate you. Religion isn't science, and nothing you believe is a fact. In actuality, everything you're saying flies in the face of faith. God has no interest in proving anything to you. If you aren't capable of believing on faith alone, then you're not worthy. I've never read the Bible all the way through, but I believe there's more than one instance of God getting quite angry when anyone asked for concrete proof.
I feel sorry for anyone deeply religious who's read your posts. Your comments are incredibly impious and are making a mockery of real faith. Now, I'm not exactly pious myself, but I've made no claims to be a good Christian. But even a non-believer like me apparently knows more about the nature of faith and religion than you.

and guess what the pope is?? catholic... right?
Do you believe in the Virgin of Guadalupe? i mean i do also believe in her and the 100th's of saints that they preise on .(they're gods family) but why praise part of God when you can praise the GOD..
You need to add more punchlines on your posts..I know that you are a journalist so i can't compete on the grammar and blah blah stuff..