Update: my shark egg

smoney

the egg has been shaking a whole lot, when do u think it will hatch, its around the time it was estimated to be born, but today was the first day i noticed the whole egg itself moving. any ideas when?

smoney

O how neat! I think its gonna hatch soon cuz i can see its head trying to push its way through the soft part of the egg

smoney

:) BOO YA!!! to my suprise and yours I wake up this morning and my shark egg hatched. so far its just been hanging out between some rocks, but it is well alive and breatheing just fine, Its really amazing, its beautiful. I will kepp you all updated. :D

smoney

I am so happy I think its been like a month or so and to many peoples suprise it is very alive and well. I had to move the rock structure a little bit so the shark would stop hiding in the rock, and it also gave him much more swimming space. I got worried in the beginning cuz he wasnt eating the shark formula, turns out he had animal instict and ate the squid, brime shrimp, and someother type of shrimp that I added to the tank. Very actice shark, and healthy and everyone loves it. will post a pic of it here very soon. OOH! and his name is Bruce like from Finding Nemo, "fish are friends, not food", I know very cleashae, but I am Happy! :joy:

scubadoo

That shark won't be happy long if he is in a 50 gallon tank. He'll stop eating soon. Hope you get a larger tank if you keep him much longer. Just trying to help.

liontamer

Yea kid, yer ignorance is going to be the death of this creature. I mean seriously..a shark in a 50 gallon tank? And with shrimp too. Yikes. Now, do u actually listen to people, or are you on this site for the whole point of getting atterntion. I mean, your not really impressing anyone with this shark on this site if that was your plan, and im sure your friends (lol) enjoy it, but there comes a time when a person must realize that their own greed should not matter more than the life of an animal. Of course, you have been warned many times b4 as I have seen, and I;ve seen u blatantly disregard everything that people have told you. Now I'm sure that you will just go ahead and ignore this post like it is nothing, pretend you didnt see it. But just remember that a shark does not belong in such a small tank, it is a shark for the sake of watever god u believe in. Sharks arent meant to live in a small cube of water. Is your tank 4 feet long? Cuz that shark will be half the size of your tank in a short period of time, and then what? You gonna say that hes doing fine, eating well, impressing your friends? This little game is gonna go a little too far, but im gonna try to get trhough to you. And if I dont, Ill be happily awaiting the post that declares you shark is belly up with a red belly and decompsoing eyes. I will mourn the shark, but cherish your impending guilt and sadness. Have a nice life

smoney

the shark is fine and all well, i know what you mean about getting a bigger tank for him, but until i notice him getting to a size that is unmanagable in my tank i will not get rid of him. he is doing just fine.

scubadoo

One last try...if you wait until the shark gets "stressed" chance of survival in a new tank is diminished because he will not be healthy and most likely will not survive the move. If you do it now while he is healthey (according to you) then his chance of survival is increased. I recently transferred my 55 to a 110 tank and tore down the 55 today. I see no way that shark will be able to turn around in your tank as they are not very wide. It won't be long until that shark is screaming :help:

gasguzzler

Hey guys,
Ive tried this for months with this member. They obviously dont care what we have to say since a few weeks ago this person told me they were getting rid of the shark ASAP. Apparently, all of my experience (and yours) with these animals is irrelavent to this guys need to impress his friends. Like I said earlier in the thread- I wish it never hatched. Please dont update us on this poor animal unless you house it properly.