**updated** 600 Gallon Pics (first fish)

frank2005

so i know its been a while since ive updated you guys on the progress of my tank. I got the glass in the back fixed after a problem with it cracking, took the protein skimmer apart and fixed that after it stopped working, fixed the lighting wire after it short circuited, added glass tops to the tank to prevent as much evaporation, new lights in the refugium. And after all that i finally got my first two fish in the tank. (Not sure what the fish names are i forgot so if anyone could help me id appreciate it) the levels when i checked were fine and the tank has pretty much been cycling for about a year without any additions so im pretty sure that everything is fine. Im planning on moving my 170 gallon tank over into the new tank (fish, corals, live rock, ect.) does anyone know if i move live rock from one tank to the other if its going to make my levels go out of whack? comments and criticism is always welcomed. Thanks

travis89

Those fish would be yellow clown gobies. Yes it will be fine if you move the rock from one tank to another. Keep us updated and post some picks after the move.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Travis89
Those fish would be yellow clown gobies. Yes it will be fine if you move the rock from one tank to another. Keep us updated and post some picks after the move.
Yep, it is fine to move the rock. Keep us posted

saltn00b

if you move the rock around too much you may get a cycle, but usually will be fine.
how about some more info and full tank pics of your big set up?

frank2005

heres a pic of a full tank shot. All that algea has gone away this is when it first started cycling. Then i battled hair algea but that went away too after i picked it. Man that was chore in a 600 gallon lol.

fedukeford

Looks like a nice tank, cant wait to see what it will look like when its done. It must be impossible to find the clown gobies in that big of a tank

zookeypr12

WOW!!
That is a gorgeous tank
good luck with it. love to see more pics when you start adding more :happyfish

frank2005

i was hoping to add an anemone or two in there. This is going to be a reef tank. What does everything think (any experience) on having an anenome in a reef tank. I just dont need it to move and then destroy everything.

royal gang

Originally Posted by Frank2005
the live rock was about 7k
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
that's right, all the way to the floor LOL

frank2005

this tank is in my house. I had built the family room it is in right now mainly so i could have a tank that big.
The dimensions are 120" x 36" x 25"