Updated Pics, 24g Nano

dmv

Nice tank I have had the same problem with coralline growing I have read that different strains grow faster than others I have some growing but very slowly and only on my rock ,

nwdyr

WOW really cool pic's , I like the ones from the top down!!! I tried that but they never come out that clear
any way cool pic's ans I like the fish pic also

paintballer768

Great looking tank peef. You dont have any problems keeping the SPS? Theyre going to look amazing once they become small colonies.

peef

Not at all with the SPS. In fact it grows crazy fast. Every piece I have grows about a half inch a month. Nuts and it is still maintaining a great structure even though it is growing so fast.

blazin2k6

you have Metal Halides on your tank though right ? Cause that one monti cap you have , WOWWWW. it has grown so great looking. I remember when you first got it, it was so tiny, Now it looks huge like size of your hand or something. Is it that big ? Wonderful. Is there any of those i could keep in my tanks with just stock lighting or all the sps have to have MHs ? Also those blue zoas i was talking about are the Blue Center and they have like orange skirts. Are those blue or its just the lighting? I cant really tell if they are like the fire and ice blue color or just all blue in the center. Cuase those look amazing if thats how they are. :) I just got 4 new frags of zoas today at the lfs. Pics tomorrow. so check it out.

peef

I do have MH and yes that monti is about the size of my hand now. Freaken nuts. I don't think that you could have really any sps under stock lighting on a NC or BC. The zoos you are talking about were originally my Fire and Ice but they have started to morph the further away from the original frag they get. More and more blue as they go. Its pretty cool to see. I will check out your new zoos tomorrow evening as you should have the pics by then.

peef

Originally Posted by ChronicCoral35
http:///forum/post/2682579
Your tanks looks beautiful man, I hope mine will look the same in a few months heh :p
Well thanks very much! It might take more than a few months but you will get there with some patience! Let me know if I can help with anything.

Yeah, I made the mistake with my 15g not having patience...but I am going to take it slow with this tank. Even though I used my cycled sand and rock from my 15...I am not going to add any more fish or coral then whats already in there from the 15 for about 2 weeks.

peef

Sooooo more new coral on the way! I bought another Tricolor seneca!!!! Also a Bali green slimer and a millie! I am selling my fungia disk to zona as it is just growing too much and taking up some PRIME sps real estate! Pics to come when I get the new stuff!

peef

So I am going to post pics of the new corals that I received. I have them placed in the tank now and they are already growing. Unfortunatly I will have to post the pics tonight as my camera is out of batt.....

I did however find this funny picture of one of my hermits. It has grown some green algae on its head like a hat and some red algae on its antennae for another reason. I like it and he doesn't seem to mind....

peef

So here are my newest SPS corals....I freaken love em.
Millie
Green Slimer
Hopefully a tricolor, but still not totally sure.

I also caught one of my hermits (the one with algae growing on it.) with his pants down. He was just running around all day with no shell. There are a few for him to choose from but eh? what can I do....