Updated pics of 55

space_geek

Hey everybody! I finally took some new pics of my tank. My new black cap wouldnt come out from his hidingplace so I couldnt get any pics of him. I apologize for the bad pic quality, I am NOT a photographer, and my camera STINKS. But here they are! Feel free to comment!!!
Full tank shot

Cleaner Shrimp

Blue Damsel

Clowns, and Hippo Tang

space_geek

Thanks Joey!! Your kind words are greatly appreciated!! I love my hippo tang, gotta love her! But thanks again!

aw2

Looks good! I like the aquascaping. What's the ratio of base rock to live rock?

space_geek

Thanks a ton AW2! Believe it or not, I just did that aquascaping today, and I like it!! I am not sure exactly how much rock I have but I'd say about 120-130 pounds total. I have about 80-90 pounds live rock and about 40 pounds base rock.

space_geek

Thanks Teresa!! Were you the one who was thinking about following in Oceana's footsteps (LOL) and breeding clowns? How's that going for ya?

space_geek

Well, I know I promised some pictures of my black cap...so here they are.
Black cap's hideout

Nice shot of blackcap (focusing on him...sorry for the blurriness of other fish)

Just a nice community shot...

space_geek

I am not sure what other fish I want to put in this tank...if you all have any ideas on what you think might look nice...please let me know! This will be a reef...just waiting to have all my fish first so I can totally focus on inverts.

space_geek

Thanks! I think I will give myself a pat on the back, because it sounds like I did a good job yesterday fixing my rock!!

space_geek

Originally Posted by Space_Geek
I am not sure what other fish I want to put in this tank...if you all have any ideas on what you think might look nice...please let me know! This will be a reef...just waiting to have all my fish first so I can totally focus on inverts.
BUMP

space_geek

Originally Posted by goldenboy
try scrubbing the rock to get some more coraline coverage.

Does that work? Should I buy some of that "purple up?" And scrub with what?

goldenboy

Originally Posted by Space_Geek
Does that work? Should I buy some of that "purple up?" And scrub with what?

All right, I'll share the secret.
Go to your local wal-mart and get a fiberglass striping brush from there paint section. Turn off your filters and scrub like nuts. Dose with strontium every now and again. Keep your calcium around 400. And the bigest secret in getting purple coraline is to.....