Vicegrip's 75 G pic Diary

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by BoB_25
Nice work on the stand I hope mine turns out like yours and AZFISHGAL. What kind of skimmer are you running?
Thanks.
The skimmer I'm running is the AquaC EV-180 .
I went with the EV-180 because of the small footprint and high efficiency. I like it.

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by costa13
vicegrip
what size pvc do you have fo you supply and return in you sum? Also what return pump are you using in you sump?
I went with 1" pvc for the sump supply and 3/4" pvc tubing for the return.
My return pump is a mag drive 9.5.

V

vicegrip

I did a 50% Water change and got the rock work in today.
I'm sure I'll redo the rock three more times before I'm happy.

V

vicegrip

I got my lights,Giesemann 230- 250w +54w. My Koralia 4s. And some odds and ends.

azfishgal

The rock work looks great! :cheer: I wouldn't change a thing.
So you got the Koralia #4? I have a 6' tank and have the #3 on each side, with my two return lines it's more than enough flow. So you'll have to let me know if your #4s are good, or if they are to strong.

V

vicegrip

I moved the rockwork a little today,and got the koralias and lights going. I think the 4s are perfect. I was going to sell them on that e site if I didn't like them but I think they have nice flow and blend in nicely. I also threw in some mushrooms, zoas and palys they all opened within minutes. I'll post pics tomorrow.

azfishgal

Looking good!
Those Koralias are nice, huh? I love how you can mount them so easily and they are so easy to change the direction of your flow. I think once I put the "Y" split on my returns the flow will be better in my tank. My two returns right now are like jet streams.

azfishgal

You have stuff in your tank already! Wow, must have cycled fast, but then I think you had some things from another tank that went into this new one, right? EDIT: Never mine, you did say it cycled.
I'm still waiting on my tank to cycle and now I have to hypo my clowns because I noticed ich last night. So, it's another three weeks of waiting for me.
BUT, I should be able to add my clean up crew soon, so I'll at least have something to look at crawling around my tank.

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by azfishgal
You have stuff in your tank already! Wow, must have cycled fast, but then I think you had some things from another tank that went into this new one, right? EDIT: Never mine, you did say it cycled.
I'm still waiting on my tank to cycle and now I have to hypo my clowns because I noticed ich last night. So, it's another three weeks of waiting for me.
BUT, I should be able to add my clean up crew soon, so I'll at least have something to look at crawling around my tank.
Yeah most of the rock is from my 35G and 20G. I was going to transfer things slower but all the levels stayed good after the water change.I put the fish in and the levels stayed good. So then I put a coral or two in ever few days from my 35 and they all opened within minutes. I'm very happy.
I can't wait to see yours up and running. That seems odd about your clowns but I'm sure they will be fine. :joy:

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by m0nk
Very nice, I'm impressed at how nice it's looking. Congrats!

Originally Posted by joncat24

Super nice...love the aquascape!!!
nice pics

Thank Guys. I'm Glad you like it.

scubaguy

Your tank looks awsome and I love the stand. I am like you in wanting a bigger tank. Keep up the good work and sending us pics. Also, I like the rock work the way you have it, lots of caves and tunnels.