Vicegrip's 75 G pic Diary

V

vicegrip

I believe this coral to be a type of Scleronephthya rather than the Carnation coral, Dendronephthya.

V

vicegrip

Here is my star Ms. Piggy doing what she does best, stuffing her face.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by vicegrip
That seems odd about your clowns but I'm sure they will be fine. :joy:
Well, that happens. And I did get them at ***** (SHHHHHHH, don't tell).

BTW, I LOVE that pink coral!
Have to get me one of those!

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by azfishgal
BTW, I LOVE that pink coral!
Have to get me one of those!

The only thing with the pink tree coral is I need to feed it live phytoplankton every other day. I guess it's not that big of a deal until I go on vacation.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by vicegrip
The only thing with the pink tree coral is I need to feed it live phytoplankton every other day. I guess it's not that big of a deal until I go on vacation.
Where did you get it? I tried looking it up here on SWF, but couldn't find it. Was that the right name?

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Where did you get it? I tried looking it up here on SWF, but couldn't find it. Was that the right name?

It's from the family nephtheidae. Common names Tree, Caulifower and Carnation.
The ones on SWF are Dendronephthya (carnation).
The one I have I believe is a Scleronephthya

cannonman

aren't you glad I gave you that hex to see if you would like SW stuff? Hehehehe... looking good vicegrips, and I don't know what that pink thing is for sure but I can't hardly wait to see what it looks like when I get a frag from you! I'm glad you did the diary thing here, it will be great to go back a year or two from now to see how it all progresses along.

V

vicegrip

I took some updated pics, so here is a little teaser until I upload the rest.

V

vicegrip

Here is a comparison pic of my Green polyped birds nest.
The left side is it Feb. 22ND and the right is it on May 20TH.

V

vicegrip

This my most favorite picture I took today. He's also my favorite resident sea creature.

ghettotang

Nice tank. I have a question for you how much additivies do you add to your tank. What kind of additivies do you add into your tank because I also have 75 gallon tank and I'm having difficult keeping stable the cal. level. Any suggestion on how to keep stable. I'm still in process of learning how to take care of simple reef tank.
Thanx
Jay

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by GhettoTang
Nice tank. I have a question for you how much additivies do you add to your tank. What kind of additivies do you add into your tank because I also have 75 gallon tank and I'm having difficult keeping stable the cal. level. Any suggestion on how to keep stable. I'm still in process of learning how to take care of simple reef tank.
Thanx
Jay

Hey GhettoTang,
The only thing I add is a cap full of B-Ionic two part calcium buffer.Regular water changes with a good reef salt really helps too. Imo a 5 gallon water change every other week will stablize a small reef as good if not better then any additivies.
Hope this helps,
Vicegrip

ghettotang

Thanx for your help. I read to other people forum that this cause to increasing phosphates and causing hair algae. Is there any other additivies I need to add to the tank to keep the coral healty.
Jay

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by GhettoTang
I read to other people forum that this cause to increasing phosphates and causing hair algae. Is there any other additivies I need to add to the tank to keep the coral healty.
Jay
I'm not sure what you mean is causing increased phosphate and hair algae. My phosphate is 0 and no hair algae. I think the water changes would be your best bet and not add anything.