Vicegrip's 75 G pic Diary

ghettotang

I read to toher people forum that when they add that sutffe it cause to increaase high phosplate and cause a lot of hiar algea bloom. Thats why they use the Kent Cal. Pro something like that. Thanx for th advice I 'm gonna try it. Also how much do you ass that additivies and how often do you add the B-Ionic
Jay

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by GhettoTang
I read to toher people forum that when they add that sutffe it cause to increaase high phosplate and cause a lot of hiar algea bloom. Thats why they use the Kent Cal. Pro something like that. Thanx for th advice I 'm gonna try it. Also how much do you ass that additivies and how often do you add the B-Ionic
Jay
Hmm.. that doesn't sound right.

B-Ionic cal. buffer would not, could not cause a hair algae
bloom and I doubt it contains phosphate or nitrates. Even if it did your adding so little that it would take a year or two with no water changes to build up to be harmful. Most people that use cal. buffers will tell you it is one of the top.

ghettotang

Okay thanx for you explain and appericated your help I will try to use that. Also have you use powerd cal. is called BIO-CALCIUM from Tropic Marin brand name because meet a guy who has a business on it's own. He does maintance on reef tank. And when I talked to him about my problem he suggest to use this product to help main my cal. level. Have you had experince with this product.
Thanx
Jay

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by GhettoTang
Okay thanx for you explain and appericated your help I will try to use that. Also have you use powerd cal. is called BIO-CALCIUM from Tropic Marin brand name because meet a guy who has a business on it's own. He does maintance on reef tank. And when I talked to him about my problem he suggest to use this product to help main my cal. level. Have you had experince with this product.
Thanx
Jay
I've heard of it but never used it. I know Tropic Marine is a great salt and I would highly recommend it.

V

vicegrip

Funny story the lfs told me he would sell it to me for $8 because it didn't look good. Well it looked fine to me. I've had this Montipora for 2 months now and it's been growing leaps and bounds.

V

vicegrip

Some pics of my little orange Montipora frag. When I got it it was the size of a dime. My LFS threw it in free with some other corals I bought. I love free frags.

V

vicegrip

No thanks. For $26 I get 2 gallons of b-ionic that also includes all my trace elements in proper ratios for my coral.
I'm sure what I have will last at least two years.
Thanks anyway.

cannonman

Outstanding- keep the pictures coming. I got that B-Ionic stuff now to- hope it levels things out for me. I think "we" should start a frag tank- let's clean out the garage and get started!

V

vicegrip

I've been wanting one of these clams since I started the new tank.
I finally found one I really liked.

V

vicegrip

I never realized I never mention my fish.
I have two Ocellaris Clowns, two blue Green Chromis,
a Yellow Watchman Goby, a Sixline Wrasse
and a Blackcap Basslet.

joyfnp

Originally Posted by vicegrip
I never realized I never mention my fish.
I have two Ocellaris Clowns, two blue Green Chromis,
a Yellow Watchman Goby, a Sixline Wrasse
and a Blackcap Basslet.
I have a blackcap, too, and just love that little fish.... It seems to have such a personality. I have it in a 20 long, along with A Bangai cardinal.

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by joyfnp
I have a blackcap, too, and just love that little fish.... It seems to have such a personality. I have it in a 20 long, along with A Bangai cardinal.
He's a great fish. I was worried he would always be hidden but he picked a shadowed spot out front and higher up and comes out to swim all the time. Everybody loves him.
I would have liked to have a Bangai Cardinal but I did'nt want to have to worry about my shimp.

V

vicegrip

Check out this cool little worm that was crawling on the front glass this morning.

prevwon

Wow looks awesome! How many lbs of LR do you have by the way? I skimmed the whole thread but didn't see anywhere...