Vick Enters A Plea...

ruaround

he will plead guilty next monday... the NFL N is reporting that he will go to prison 10 to 18 mos...

pontius

Originally Posted by FORD81502
He will back in a couple of months playing football
you want to put a wager on that? I think most of the ticket buying public don't want to see a federally convicted dog killer on their team. and I think most NFL teams are smart enough to realize this.
I guess all the Ron Mexico supporters that keep harping on "innocent until proven guilty" can finally shut up. now it will probably be, "oh, he just made a mistake like so many young men do. ya know, boys will be boys".

digitydash

Originally Posted by Pontius
you want to put a wager on that? I think most of the ticket buying public don't want to see a federally convicted dog killer on their team. and I think most NFL teams are smart enough to realize this.
I guess all the Ron Mexico supporters that keep harping on "innocent until proven guilty" can finally shut up. now it will probably be, "oh, he just made a mistake like so many young men do. ya know, boys will be boys".
Agreed and on top of it when he gets out of prison the NFL is going to suspend him for at leaste another year.Also like I sayed befor 18 to 36 months but the judge can give him more time if he wants of course he can appeal but that takes 2 yrs in the federal system
.I was hoping he would fight it so you all can see how good the federal system works compaired to your state run courts

ruaround

this is the USA each individual is entitled to a fair trial and are innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers... no matter how guilty any of you thought he was a month ago he is still entitled to that trial... i never supported vick i supported the system... boys will be boys my arse... throw the book at him... i think he is getting off a little easy... if he is guilty of gambling charges he will get banned from the NFL... now he can go play with the other NFL felons in the CFL... adios mr. mexico!!!

digitydash

You are presumed innocent till proven guilty,in other words your guilty till proven innocent in the court of law.Their a reason the feds have a 95 % conviction rate cause by time they indite u their stuff is ready to go to court tommorow.They had 3 undicover people that went to dog fights and 3 co-defendents he was going to go down in a blaze of glory if he had gone to trial on it.

oniel21

Originally Posted by Pontius
I would love to think the same thing, but unfortunetly It's not gonna happen. I myself would NEVER pay to see him, but I think there are many people out there that will. The bottom line is he is entertaining. He brings a whole new aspect to the position of QB and people want to see that. I think it's sad that 1) an NFL owner would sign him, 2) people would support him and his team, 3) and it seems that he'll get off easy. Think about the tortue he put these animals through - he deserves a lot more jail time. All that being said, people will still support him because people like to be entertained and they like contraversy.

ford81502

Guys he will get 1 year in the pen let off for good behavior after three months then go on probation.... Then i will be at home watching him on TV breaking DB and LB's ankles.... He is HANDS DOWN THE MOST ENTERTAINING PLAYER ON THE FIELD AT ANY TIME.......

oniel21

Guys he will get 1 year in the pen let off for good behavior after three months then go on probation.... Then i will be at home watching him on TV breaking DB and LB's ankles.... He is HANDS DOWN THE MOST ENTERTAINING PLAYER ON THE FIELD AT ANY TIME.......
Do you think what he did was wrong? Does he deserve to be let off easily?

jmick

There is no way in the world, Goodell is going to suspend him for at least an additional year (after he gets out of federal prison) and he might even suspend him indefinitly, which would be my bet. The fear of major sponsors pulling advertising is going to really sway what the NFL does and I think the negative reaction to what he has done by most of America will frighten many many sponsors away from anything that has to do with Vick..aka Ron Mexico.

digitydash

I don't think you understand the federal system their Ford81502.This is not state jail you do 50% of your sentence.I have been their and the best he can get is 12 months and a day which will amount to 10 months in prison if he gets just 12 months he does 11 months and 30 days in halfway house.Also just because he plea to a sentence with prosecutor does not mean the judge will go for it.In 2005 they made a law that states the judge can go under the guide line or he can go over the guide lines.In this case I believe he will never be sentenced under the guide lines.Also when he get out of prison the NFL is going to suspend him for another year or more for lieing to Roger Goodel at the NFL draft saying he was not involved in the dog fighting ring.

seasalt101

Who deserved to be in prision
Child molesters, robbery, murders or Dog fighting
BIG CHECK MARK RIGHT HERE
all of the above...tobin

digitydash

I did a year for hacking DTV cards he should of get a hell of alot more than that.I guarantee he won't play till 2010 if that early.You want my thought on that and its all of them.You sound like a person that would fight dogs the way you talk about it.

msez2u

All the above in my book...if you can harm an animal you have no regard for life.