Walmart brand water?

viet-tin

I too use wal mart water and thats all I can get right now and I know it isnt the best as I get plenty of algae everytime I top off or do a water change. I cant afford a ro/di unit right now and will try and get my hands on a TDS meter. A buddy of mine does window washing and has a bunch of DI filters which he changes atleast once a week so im going to try and see if that would be a better source or water.

yerboy

Originally Posted by larryndana
209 for just ro, why wouldn't you want ro/di?
i have a Di addon unit i got from the big

[hr]
site for 39.99 shipped.

i went to walmart and they have distilled water (i believe purple cap) and ro water (green cap). i bought some of the ro and the kh seem to be awefully low. any thoughts? would spring water be any good?

bang guy

Originally Posted by Purple Lobster
i went to walmart and they have distilled water (i believe purple cap) and ro water (green cap). i bought some of the ro and the kh seem to be awefully low. any thoughts? would spring water be any good?
KH of RO water should be Zero.

Y

yote

All i've ever used is wally world's r/o water , no problems what so ever.
Wifes going to stop by there on her way home from to pick up my last 25 gallons to start my other reef tank with. Use the wal-mart brand

larryndana

I looked into having distilled water delivered to my home. It can come in 5gal juggs or a box of 6 one gallons.
wal-mart 64cents a gal.
I have to go get it and load it in car, then unload it, .....what a hassle.
(can't wait for a ro/di unit)
Delivered is more expensive.
5gal jug is 7.95....1.59 a gal.
6 one gallons is 8.70....1.45 a gal.
Not sure if i will go to it being delievered....it sure would be convenient.
Those of you buying from a store might look into having it delivered.

sunny

You should move to South Florida. LFS stores in our area sell RO for 20 cents a gallon and saltwater directly from the ocean for 50 cents a gallon. Would not know how to mix or filter water if my life depended on it. It is a pain carrying 30 gallons of water each weekend.